This Avocado, Grilled Peach and Chipotle Shrimp Salad combines grilled sweet peaches, creamy avocado, spicy shrimp and smoky bacon, all on a bed of garden fresh greens. Topped with a peach dressing, this grilled shrimp salad recipe is summertime dining at its best! Paleo, Whole30.
A summertime dinner salad with bold flavours! I don't always get this excited about recipes I post here, but this Grilled Peach and Chipotle Shrimp Salad (and this Strawberry Cucumber Salad) are two that I really want to tell you about. Since we loved them, I'm guessing and hoping that you'll like them just as much.
If you're having friends over for dinner anytime soon, bookmark this one or Pin it for later. You won't want to forget about this salad with grilled shrimp!
This summer salad makes a complete meal. It's full of spicy shrimp, grilled peaches, sliced avocado and smoky bacon, all on a bed of fresh garden greens. Top it with some fresh herbs and a creamy peach dressing and it's all you could ever wish for in a dinner salad.
Grilled shrimp is a quick and easy way to add protein to a salad and it's so good when seasoned with a little heat from smoky chipotle peppers.
This recipe for Avocado, Grilled Peach and Chipotle Shrimp Salad takes a few steps, but luckily, none are time-consuming.
- Start by combining the ingredients for the Sweet Peach Salad Dressing, then set it aside to let the flavours blend. You'll love this dressing and want to put it on all your summer salads!
- If you're using wooden skewers, you'll want to soak these in water for 30 minutes or so to prevent them from scorching when you grill the shrimp and peaches.
- Next, cook the bacon and set it aside. To avoid a stovetop mess you can either cook it in the oven (see tips for oven-cooking bacon below) or air fry it if you have an air fryer. Once it's cool, you'll crumble it before adding to the salad.
- Next, heat your grill and prepare the peaches and shrimp. Combine the ingredients for the shrimp marinade for this salad and toss with the shrimp.
- Thread the shrimp onto pre-soaked wooden skewers and grill for 2 minutes on each side, or until no longer pink.
- Slice the peaches and remove their spit. Grill on an indoor or outdoor grill just until grill marks form, then turn and grill the other side. The peach slices should still be firm.
- Slice the red onions. If you find red onions too strongly-flavoured, soak them in cool water then drain before adding to the salad.
- Slice the avocado just before putting the salad together so it doesn't turn brown.
- Assemble a generous bed of fresh greens (I used romaine and arugula), then arrange the sliced grilled peaches and shrimp, sliced avocado, crumbled bacon and a few slices of red onion.
- Garnish with fresh herbs and a sprinkle of black sesame seeds. Finally, drizzle with this creamy, sweet peach dressing just before serving.
👍🏼 Helpful Tips
How to cook bacon in the oven without making a mess
- Heat your oven to 400°F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place a cooling rack on top of the paper.
- Lay the bacon strips on the rack.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then use tongs to turn the strips over. Continue baking until they've reached the desired crispness.
- Remove from the oven, then drain well, using paper towel. Discard the parchment paper.
If you have an air fryer, use it to fry the bacon to your desired level of crispness.
How to grill peaches that keep their shape
Grilling peaches intensifies their flavour by caramelizing their natural sugars. A short time on a hot grill gives them a wonderful smoky flavour.
One tip to remember when grilling peaches is to select ones that are not overripe. They should be slightly firm to the touch so they keep their shape once heated.
- Choose ripe but firm fruit.
- Heat the grill on high and oil the grates.
- Cut the peaches in half, remove the pit, then cut the halves into slices about ½ inch thick. Brush or spray them with a little olive or avocado oil to prevent them from sticking to the grill.
- Use tongs to place them on the grill, then let them cook until they develop char marks. Turn and grill on the other side for a minute or two, then remove. Don't overcook.
What size shrimp should I buy?
Shrimp are labeled according to size. These labels can be confusing, so it's better to look for the count number on the bag. You may find a label that says 21/25 meaning you'll get between 21 and 25 shrimp in a one-pound bag. Medium shrimp are often sold in a bag with between 17 and 21 per pound.
If you're planning to grill shrimp, skewer them, or wrap them in bacon, you'll want to buy the biggest ones. Look for a label that says U/15, indicating that there are less than 15 shrimp in a one-pound bag (and therefore they're larger.)
🔁 Possible Variations
If you're not a fan of chipotle flavours, you can replace the chipotle pepper in the marinade with garlic powder or freshly minced garlic. You can also easily substitute fresh nectarines for the peaches.
So pretty! So good! Enjoy this gourmet salad with grilled shrimp and peaches!
If you love this peach dressing as much as I do, check Sweet Peach Salad Dressing for a list of other salads to enjoy it on!
🗒More delicious savoury peach recipes
Sweet peaches and smoky chipotle are two flavours that go well together. Have you made this Chipotle Peach Glazed Chicken yet? If not, it makes a great meal not only for summer, but for any time of the year.
And if you're like me and you love those flavours together, you'll probably love these Chipotle Chicken Burgers with Fresh Peach Salsa.
If you have friends that are not fans of shrimp or prawns, they'll probably love this Chipotle Chicken Cobb Salad with Peaches and Avocado. Delish!
Avocado, Grilled Peach and Chipotle Shrimp Salad with Bacon
- 16 large shrimp or prawns, peeled and deveined
- 1 small avocado, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 medium peaches, sliced
- 2 slices thick-cut bacon, cooked (hormone-free, nitrate-free)
- 4 cups fresh mixed greens,
- 1 slice red onion,
- basil, cress or parsley, for garnish
- black sesame seeds, for garnish
Sweet Peach Dressing
- ½ ripe peach
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice or champagne vinegar
- 2 tsp honey, optional if peach is very ripe and sweet
- 2 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 tsp lemon zest, finely grated
- 1 tsp lime zest, finely grated
- juice of half a lemon
- ½ tsp ground chipotle pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
Sweet Peach Dressing
- Blend all ingredients in a mini food processor or blender until smooth.
- Soak wooden skewers in water.
- Cook bacon, drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, wash and arrange fresh greens (like romaine, arugula, or other lettuce) in a large serving platter or shallow bowl.
- Toss peeled shrimp with chipotle marinade. Thread shrimp on soaked skewers and grill for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until no longer pink inside. Remove.
- Slice peaches, remove pit. Grill on indoor or outdoor grill just until grill marks form. Turn and grill other side. Peach slices should still be firm.
- Slice avocado.
- Arrange peaches, avocado, shrimp and crumbled bacon with fresh greens. Garnish with red onion slices, fresh basil or cress or parsley and sprinkle with black sesame seeds. Drizzle with Sweet Peach Dressing and serve immediately.