This recipe for Chipotle Peach Glazed Chicken is easy and needs only 4 ingredients. Crispy chicken with a glaze that’s sweet with a little heat. And it’s paleo too!
Summertime suppers eaten outside on a warm night are the best memory-makers, but they need to be easy so we can spend time with our friends and families. Those that use simple ingredients, require only a few steps to prepare, and highlight the flavours of the season are my favourite kinds of meals. And that describes this easy Chipotle Peach Glazed Chicken recipe perfectly.
Sweet succulent peaches, smoky chipotle and a hint of tangy lime combine to make a glaze that smothers the crispy skin of these juicy chicken thighs.
How to make juicy Chipotle Peach Glazed Chicken Thighs
I use my “brown on the stove-top and finish in the oven” method frequently to produce chicken that stays moist and juicy, like this Honey Mustard Chicken with Turmeric.
Begin by rinsing the chicken and patting it dry. Heat a heavy-bottomed oven-proof skillet first, then add just enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan. The oil will heat up very quickly. You’ll know it is ready when you see ripples.
Now carefully add the chicken and leave it alone for a few minutes. Don’t go moving it around the pan or it will stick.
Once it is seared and the fat has been rendered, it will release on its own. Shake the pan a little and it will slide easily if you give it a little nudge. Then you’ll be able to pick it up with tongs and flip it over to sear the other side.
When nicely browned, drain the excess oil and put the skillet in the oven (or transfer the chicken to a baking dish) for 20 minutes. Glaze it with the Chipotle Peach Glaze and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
It’s sweet, it’s smoky and while it screams summertime, I make this year-round with frozen peaches. Why wait for summer?
- 6 bone-in, skin on chicken thighs, or 4 breasts
- oil for browning the chicken
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peach slices, thawed
- 1 1/2 tsp chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- zest of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp, freshly squeezed lime juice
- fresh or grilled peach slices for garnish optional
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- Heat a large heavy-bottomed oven-proof skillet on the stove. When heated, add oil to cover the surface. Sear chicken on both sides till golden brown and crispy. Drain excess oil.
- Place skillet in oven (or transfer chicken to a baking dish) and bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the remaining ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Remove chicken from oven, drain excess oil and baste with the Chipotle Peach Glaze.
- Return to the oven and bake for another 10 minutes or until meat thermometer indicates an internal temperature of 175F. Serve garnished with fresh or grilled peach slices.
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on any of the affiliate links and make a purchase within a certain time frame, I’ll receive a small commission. The commission is paid by the third party, not by you. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.