This recipe for Chipotle Peach Glazed Chicken is easy and needs only four ingredients. It makes crispy chicken thighs with a glaze that's sweet with a little heat. And it's paleo too!
Summertime suppers eaten outside on a warm night are the best memory-makers, but they need to be easy so we can spend time with our friends and families.
Those that use simple ingredients, require only a few steps to prepare and highlight the flavours of the season are my favourite kinds of meals. And that describes this easy Chipotle Peach Glazed Chicken recipe perfectly!
When peach season rolls around, I'm obsessed with using them in as many ways as I can. I love making these grilled peaches with honey lemon drizzle for dessert. Peach Iced Tea, Peach Sangria, Peach Crisp, Peach Salsa, my favourite Sweet Peach Salad Dressing, and of course, this Grilled Peach and Chipotle Shrimp Salad to name a few!
❤️ Why you'll love this peach chicken recipe
- Sweet succulent peaches, smoky chipotle and a hint of tangy lime combine to make a glaze that smothers the crispy skin of these juicy chicken thighs.
- This recipe can be made year-round with fresh or frozen peaches.
- It's all cooked in one pan! It's a no-fuss recipe with easy clean-up.
- Make the peach chipotle sauce ahead of time and freeze it for busy nights.
chicken: This recipe is written for bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs, however, you can substitute breasts if you like.
peaches: use fresh peaches when available, or frozen peach slices that have been thawed and drained.
chipotle peppers in adobo sauce: You'll find these in a small can in the international food section of your supermarket.
lime: You'll need both the zest and the juice of a lime or two. I like to garnish the finished dish with slices of fresh peaches and lime.
🔪How to make the best juicy peach chicken thighs
I use my "brown on the stove-top and finish in the oven" method frequently to produce chicken that stays moist and juicy, like this Honey Mustard Chicken with Turmeric.
- Begin by patting the chicken pieces dry. Heat a heavy-bottomed oven-proof skillet first, then add just enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan. The oil will heat up very quickly. You’ll know it is ready when you see ripples.
- Now carefully add the chicken and leave it alone for a few minutes. Don’t go moving it around the pan or it will stick.
- Once it is seared and the fat has been rendered, it will release on its own. Shake the pan a little and it will slide easily if you give it a little nudge. Then you’ll be able to pick it up with tongs and flip it over to sear the other side.
- When nicely browned, drain the excess oil and put the skillet in the oven (or transfer the chicken to a baking dish) for 20 minutes. Remove it from the oven, brush it all over generously with the Chipotle Peach Glaze (that you've quickly blended in your blender or food processor) and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
👍🏼 Time-Saving Tips
When you have extra fresh (or frozen) peaches, make the peach sauce for this recipe and freeze it. Then all you'll have to do is bake the chicken and add the pre-made peach chipotle sauce.
🥶 Storage and Freezing Instructions
Refrigerate any leftover peach-glazed chicken.
To reheat it the following day, you'll want to keep the skin crispy. Skip the microwave!
Preheat your oven to 400°F. and remove the chicken from the fridge. Set a wire rack over a baking sheet and place the chicken pieces on top of the rack. This method allows the air to circulate around the chicken, resulting in crispy skin. No worries about it sticking to the pan!
You can freeze leftover cooked peach chicken, too. Place in an airtight container, label with the date and freeze for up to three months. When you're ready to use it, thaw it overnight in the fridge, then following the instructions for reheating above.
🍽What to serve with peach chicken
Since the chicken is a little spicy, cook some rice or quinoa and add a refreshing salad to round out your meal.
🗒More easy chicken recipes
📖 Recipe Card
Easy Chipotle Peach Glazed Chicken
- 6 bone-in, skin on chicken thighs, or 4 breasts
- 1 tablespoon oil, for browning the chicken
- 1 cup fresh peach slices, or frozen, thawed and drained
- 1 ½ teaspoon chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 tablespoon honey
- zest of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon lime juice freshly squeezed
- fresh or grilled peach slices for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Pat chicken pieces dry.
- Heat a large heavy-bottomed oven-proof skillet on the stove. When heated, add oil to barely cover the surface. Sear chicken on both sides till golden brown and crispy. Drain excess oil.
- Place skillet in oven (or transfer chicken to a baking dish) and bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the remaining ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. If you want a chunkier peach sauce, blend for just a few seconds.
- Remove chicken from oven, drain excess oil and baste with the Chipotle Peach Glaze.
- Return to the oven and bake for another 10 minutes or until meat thermometer indicates an internal temperature of 165°F. Serve garnished with fresh or grilled peach slices.
This post has been updated with extra information to make it more helpful.