This Hoisin Orange Sheet Pan Chicken dinner combines chicken thighs, sweet potatoes, oranges and cranberries. Another sheet pan chicken dinner to make our lives easier!
This Hoisin Orange Sheet Pan Chicken dinner is my latest creation and it’s a winner, if I dare say so myself! It features tender chicken marinated in an Asian-inspired sauce with nutrient-rich sweet potatoes. Best of all, it’s all roasted on one pan with fresh oranges and cranberries. Deeeelicious!
Sheet pan dinners seem to be one of the most sought-after recipes lately! And for good reason: they’re easy to prepare and quick to clean up.
Roasted sweet potatoes add flavour and nutrition to this chicken sheet pan dinner!
Roasting vegetables draws out their natural sweetness making them extra tasty, but it also preserves their nutrients. Oven roasting is our favourite way to prepare sweet potatoes. Adding fresh orange slices and cranberries makes this Hoisin Orange sheet pan chicken even more flavourful. Caramelized oranges and pop-in-your-mouth tart cranberries added extra interest to this already robustly flavoured dinner.
I had planned to make my Hoisin Orange Glazed Chicken Thighs today, but I suddenly realized I could reduce my meal prep time by cooking everything together. That favourite recipe got a quick make-over and resulted in this paleo Hoisin Orange Sheet Pan Chicken instead.
Why you’ll love this Hoisin Orange Sheet Pan Chicken
1. It’s easy to prepare.
Marinate the chicken, chop some sweet potatoes, slice some oranges and arrange them on a sheet pan. Scatter some cranberries on the pan during the last five minutes of roasting.
2. It has that sweet and salty flavour balance we love.
Fresh oranges add a natural sweetness that balances the salty hoisin sauce. The marinade makes tasty chicken with nicely browned, crispy skin.
3. It’s easy to clean up.
Enjoy this easy, one-pan chicken dinner!
Hoisin Orange Sheet Pan Chicken with Sweet Potatoes
- sheet pan dinner
- 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3 medium oranges 1 for marinade, 2 for slices
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 tbsp honey
Hoisin Orange Marinade
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce gluten-free brand
- 1/3 cup orange juice freshly squeezed
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos (or tamari soy sauce)
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger finely grated
- Whisk marinade ingredients together. Put chicken in a marinating bag or dish and add two-thirds of the marinade. Let it marinate for 45 minutes, or up to several hours.
- Heat oven to 400°F. Peel sweet potatoes and cut in thick (about 3/4 inch) pieces. Toss with 1 tbsp olive oil, sprinkle with salt. Slice two oranges.
- Cover a sheet pan with foil (if desired, for easy clean-up). Heat the pan in the oven for 5 minutes. Remove and arrange sweet potatoes, chicken thighs, and sliced oranges on sheet pan. Brush chicken pieces with a little of the hoisin marinade. Transfer to oven. Roast for 40 minutes, basting with the reserved marinade every 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, brush chicken and potatoes with honey. Scatter fresh cranberries on the sheet pan. Return to oven for 5 minutes or until cranberries begin to pop, sweet potatoes are fork tender and chicken is cooked through.
- Serving suggestion: serve with green vegetables, such as steamed broccoli, sautéed boy choy or other greens.
Have you made sheet pan dinners yet?
Try these, too.
- Sheet Pan Chicken and Roasted Harvest Vegetables
- Maple Walnut Crusted Sheet Pan Halibut
- Prosciutto and Cheesy Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner
- Harissa Chicken Sheet Pan Supper
- Maple Garlic Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner
- Thai Chili Sheet Pan Dinner
Love Sweet Potatoes?
Try these recipes, too.
- Chipotle Chili Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Soup
- Smoky Sweet Potato Wedges
- Roasted Sweet Potato Spinach Salad with Maple Walnuts and Bacon
- Sweet Potato Frittata with Fresh Salsa
If you tried this recipe, I would love to see what you made! Tag me @flavourandsavour using the hashtag #flavourandsavour.
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on any of the affiliate links and make a purchase within a certain time frame, I’ll receive a small commission. The commission is paid by the third party, not by you. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. It’s an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.