This healthy paleo citrus avocado salad features fresh oranges, grapefruit, avocado and shrimp on a bed of curly kale and crispy romaine, all drizzled with a to-die-for smoky vinaigrette.
Citrus Avocado Salad with Shrimp and Smoky Vinaigrette.
A big bowl of favourite flavours, all drizzled with a to-die-for smoky vinaigrette!
I like to think of the week between Christmas and New Year's as a Bonus Week. It's a freebie, devoid of commitments. It's a time to rest and relax after the fun and festivities; a time to recharge before tackling all the goals I've set for the New Year.
And then, it's time to get back to my favourite way to eat: big bowls of healthy salad like this paleo Citrus Avocado Salad with Shrimp.
The best thing about this shrimp avocado salad?
It's lightly drizzled with a sweet and smoky vinaigrette, a dressing I'd never made before but has now been moved to the TOP of my favourites lists.
How do you savour this time after Christmas? Are your leftovers gone? Ready for fresh veggies and salad?
I hope you'll add this scrumptious vitamin-rich citrus avocado salad to your meal plans this week.
It will definitely be on mine.
Citrus Avocado Salad with Shrimp and Smoky Vinaigrette
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup red kale, ribs removed, cut into very thin ribbons
- 2 navel oranges, peeled and sectioned, pith removed
- 1 pink grapefruit, peeled and sectioned, pith removed
- 2 avocados, halved, pitted, and sliced (toss with a of lemon juice to prevent browning)
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh wild shrimp, rinsed, drained and patted dry
Smoky Vinaigrette Ingredients
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- pinch of sea salt
- Whisk together vinaigrette ingredients and set aside to allow flavours to blend.
- Prepare salad ingredients, arrange on individual plates, (or toss all together in a large bowl.)
- Toss with dressing just before serving.
Love shrimp salads? Try these ones, too.
- Avocado Grilled Peach and Chipotle Shrimp Salad with Bacon
- Thai Shrimp Salad with Grapefruit and Mint
- Shrimp Fajita Salad with Honey Lime Vinaigrette
- Lemon Garlic Shrimp Cobb Salad
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on any of the affiliate links and make a purchase within a certain time frame, I’ll receive a small commission. The commission is paid by the third party, not by you. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. It’s an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.