This healthy paleo citrus avocado salad features fresh oranges, grapefruit, avocado and shrimp on a bed of curly kale and crispy romaine, all drizzled with a to-die-for smoky vinaigrette.
Citrus Avocado Salad with Shrimp and Smoky Vinaigrette.
A big bowl of favourite flavours, all drizzled with a to-die-for smoky vinaigrette!
I like to think of the week between Christmas and New Year’s as a Bonus Week. It’s a freebie, devoid of commitments. It’s a time to rest and relax after the fun and festivities; a time to recharge before tackling all the goals I’ve set for the New Year.
And then, it’s time to get back to my favourite way to eat: big bowls of healthy salad like this paleo Citrus Avocado Salad with Shrimp.
The best thing about this shrimp avocado salad?
It’s lightly drizzled with a sweet and smoky vinaigrette, a dressing I’d never made before but has now been moved to the TOP of my favourites lists.
And speaking of lists, here’s a list of things I’ve enjoyed, or plan to enjoy in my “bonus week.”
- Denis has caught me smiling broadly and even laughing out loud while immersed in this book.
- We loved listening to this podcast last year, so we have started this one now.
- This is creating a gentle calmness in our home. And get this: it runs off my laptop!
- My girls found two new cookbooks under the tree this year: one paleo, one for salads. Both look fabulous!
How do you savour this time after Christmas? Are your leftovers gone? Ready for fresh veggies and salad?
I hope you’ll add this scrumptious vitamin-rich citrus avocado salad to your meal plans this week.
It will definitely be on mine.
Citrus Avocado Salad with Shrimp and Smoky Vinaigrette
- 4 cups romaine lettuce,, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup red kale,, ribs removed, cut into very thin ribbons
- 2 navel oranges,, peeled and sectioned, pith removed
- 1 pink grapefruit,, peeled and sectioned, pith removed
- 2 avocados,, halved, pitted, and sliced (toss with a of lemon juice to prevent browning)
- 1/4 cup red onion,, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh wild shrimp,, rinsed, drained and patted dry
Smoky Vinaigrette Ingredients
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 clove garlic,, minced
- pinch of sea salt
- Whisk together vinaigrette ingredients and set aside to allow flavours to blend.
- Prepare salad ingredients, arrange on individual plates, (or toss all together in a large bowl.)
- Toss with dressing just before serving.
Love shrimp salads? Try these ones, too.
- Avocado Grilled Peach and Chipotle Shrimp Salad with Bacon
- Thai Shrimp Salad with Grapefruit and Mint
- Shrimp Fajita Salad with Honey Lime Vinaigrette
- Lemon Garlic Shrimp Cobb Salad
A new cookbook!
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on any of the affiliate links and make a purchase within a certain time frame, I’ll receive a small commission. The commission is paid by the third party, not by you. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. It’s an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.