This energizing, protein-rich Healthy Chia Gingerbread Smoothie has all your favourite gingerbread flavours. It's naturally sweetened with banana, dates, and a hint of molasses.
Indulge in this nutritious Chia Gingerbread Smoothie on winter mornings and start your day on a healthy note. This energizing, protein-rich smoothie is lightly spiced with the flavours of gingerbread. Cinnamon, cloves, cardamom and ginger will make your kitchen smell heavenly!
This gingerbread breakfast smoothie is naturally sweetened with banana, dates and molasses.
It's a festive drink for holiday mornings, too! We have this gingerbread smoothie every year for Christmas breakfast.
A healthy choice for holiday breakfasts
Have you ever searched Pinterest boards for Christmas breakfast ideas?
You'll likely find dishes loaded with fat and sugar, for instance, cinnamon rolls baked in the shape of a Christmas tree or Monkey Bread topped with eggnog drizzle. Also popular are baked French toast casseroles, or the traditional “Wife-Saver” casserole made with white bread, eggs, bacon and cheese.
They all taste wonderful! However, if you have a big meal planned for later in the day, a lighter, healthier breakfast might appeal to you. This protein-packed Chia Gingerbread Smoothie will give you the energy necessary to get you through your busy morning.
Ingredients for Hemp and Chia Gingerbread Smoothie
- milk of your choice: almond milk, cashew milk, coconut milk (from a carton) or dairy milk
- banana: fresh or frozen
- yogurt: coconut yogurt, Greek yogurt or milk kefir
- hemp hearts
- chia seeds
- Medjool dates
- cooking molasses
- spices: ginger (freshly grated or ground), cinnamon, cardamom and cloves
This gingerbread smoothie recipe is our favourite Christmas morning smoothie. Simply put all ingredients in a blender with a couple of ice cubes then blend until smooth. I hope you like it as much as we do!
If you make it, let me know in the comments below. Enjoy everyone!
Do you like to be organized and make your breakfast the night before?
Or if you're looking for a warm breakfast, you might like these baked oatmeal recipes:
- Mixed Berry Baked Oatmeal Cups with Chia
- Warm Cranberry-Apple Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal
- Chocolate Espresso Baked Oatmeal
- Cherry Vanilla Baked Oatmeal with Chia and Hemp
More Gingerbread-flavoured inspiration!
- 30-Minute Gingerbread-Spiced Granola
- Carrot-Ginger Muffins
- Traditional and Reliable Gingerbread Cut-Out Cookies
Healthy Chia Gingerbread Smoothie
- 2 cups non-dairy milk almond, coconut, etc.
- 1 banana, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup coconut yogurt or Greek yogurt or milk kefir
- 2 tbsp hemp hearts
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 4 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 1/2 tsp cooking molasses
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated or 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- Put all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
- Pour into 2 glasses, sprinkle with a little cinnamon and serve.
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on any of the affiliate links and make a purchase within a certain time frame, I’ll receive a small commission. The third party pays the commission, not you. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. It’s an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.