This energizing, protein-rich Healthy Chia Gingerbread Smoothie has all your favourite gingerbread flavours. This holiday gingerbread smoothie recipe is naturally sweetened with banana, dates, and a hint of molasses.
Indulge in this nutritious Chia Gingerbread Smoothie on winter mornings and start your day on a healthy note. This energizing, protein-rich shake is lightly spiced with the flavours of gingerbread. Cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, and ginger will make your kitchen smell heavenly!
Naturally sweetened with banana, dates and a hint of molasses, It's a festive drink for holiday mornings, too! I have this gingerbread smoothie every year for Christmas breakfast.
A healthy gingerbread recipe for holiday breakfasts
Have you ever searched Pinterest boards for Christmas breakfast ideas?
You'll likely find dishes loaded with fat and sugar, for instance, cinnamon rolls baked in the shape of a Christmas tree or Monkey Bread topped with eggnog drizzle. Also popular are baked French toast casseroles or the traditional “Wife-Saver” casserole made with white bread, eggs, bacon, and cheese.
They all taste wonderful! However, if you have a big meal planned for later in the day, a lighter, healthier breakfast might appeal to you. And if you're looking for a healthy gingerbread recipe, this protein-packed smoothi will give you the energy necessary to get you through your busy morning.
You won't need to add protein powder to this one! It's already packed naturally with protein from chia, hemp and the milk of your choice.
- milk of your choice: almond milk, cashew milk, oat milk, coconut milk (from a carton) or dairy milk
- banana: fresh or frozen
- yogurt: coconut yogurt, Greek yogurt or milk kefir
- hemp hearts: high in protein, and a good source of iron, Vitamin E, magnesium, manganese, B-vitamins and zinc--all that in those tiny seeds!
- chia seeds: these will help to thicken the smoothie. You won't notice their texture once you blend all these ingredients together.
- Medjool dates: these soft and squishy dates add natural sweetness and an almost caramel-like flavour to this gingerbread smoothie
- cooking molasses: just a hint for that gingerbread falvour.
- spices: ginger (freshly grated or ground), cinnamon, cardamom and cloves
This gingerbread smoothie recipe is my favourite Christmas morning smoothie. Simply put all ingredients in a blender with a couple of ice cubes, then blend until smooth. I hope you like it as much as I do!
Love gingerbread flavours? Check these 6 Easy Gingerbread Recipes for more inspiration!
🗒 Make-ahead breakfast recipes
Or if you're looking for a warm breakfast, you might like these baked oatmeal recipes:
If you love this healthy holiday gingerbread smoothie, please rate it 5 stars and leave a comment about how it turned out for you in the comment section. Thanks! Subscribe to my weekly newsletter and have new recipes delivered straight to your inbox.
Healthy Chia Gingerbread Smoothie
- 2 cups non-dairy milk almond, coconut, etc.
- 1 banana, fresh or frozen
- ½ cup coconut yogurt or Greek yogurt or milk kefir
- 2 tablespoon hemp hearts
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 4 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 ½ teaspoon cooking molasses
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated or ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- Put all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
- Pour into 2 glasses, sprinkle with a little cinnamon and serve.