This energizing, protein-rich Healthy Chia Gingerbread Smoothie has all your favourite gingerbread flavours. This holiday gingerbread smoothie is naturally sweetened with banana, dates, and a hint of molasses.
Indulge in this nutritious Chia Gingerbread Smoothie on winter mornings and start your day on a healthy note. This energizing, protein-rich shake is lightly spiced with the flavours of gingerbread. Cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, and ginger will make your kitchen smell heavenly!
This clean-eating gingerbread breakfast smoothie is naturally sweetened with banana, dates and molasses.
It's a festive drink for holiday mornings, too! We have this gingerbread smoothie every year for Christmas breakfast.
A healthy holiday breakfast
Have you ever searched Pinterest boards for Christmas breakfast ideas?
You'll likely find dishes loaded with fat and sugar, for instance, cinnamon rolls baked in the shape of a Christmas tree or Monkey Bread topped with eggnog drizzle. Also popular are baked French toast casseroles or the traditional “Wife-Saver” casserole made with white bread, eggs, bacon, and cheese.
They all taste wonderful! However, if you have a big meal planned for later in the day, a lighter, healthier breakfast might appeal to you. This protein-packed holiday Gingerbread Smoothie will give you the energy necessary to get you through your busy morning.
- milk of your choice: almond milk, cashew milk, oat milk, coconut milk (from a carton) or dairy milk
- banana: fresh or frozen
- yogurt: coconut yogurt, Greek yogurt or milk kefir
- hemp hearts
- chia seeds
- Medjool dates
- cooking molasses
- spices: ginger (freshly grated or ground), cinnamon, cardamom and cloves
This gingerbread smoothie recipe is our favourite Christmas morning smoothie. Simply put all ingredients in a blender with a couple of ice cubes, then blend until smooth. I hope you like it as much as we do!
🗒 Make-ahead breakfast recipes
Or if you're looking for a warm breakfast, you might like these baked oatmeal recipes:
🗒 More gingerbread recipes
If you love this healthy holiday gingerbread smoothie, please rate it 5 stars and leave a comment about how it turned out for you in the comment section. Thanks!
📖 Recipe Card
Healthy Chia Gingerbread Smoothie
- 2 cups non-dairy milk almond, coconut, etc.
- 1 banana, fresh or frozen
- ½ cup coconut yogurt or Greek yogurt or milk kefir
- 2 tablespoon hemp hearts
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 4 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 ½ teaspoon cooking molasses
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated or ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- Put all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
- Pour into 2 glasses, sprinkle with a little cinnamon and serve.