These Creamy Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats made with warm fall spices and chia seeds make a healthy breakfast to wake up to. These oats in a jar are easy to make vegan and gluten-free.
These little jars of pumpkin pie overnight oats are full of fall flavours to savour: pumpkin, cinnamon, pecans, and cranberries. These oats are creamy, delicately sweet, and they have that necessary crunch we crave from added nuts and dried fruit. I added pecans and cranberries to one jar and pumpkin seeds to another and both were delicious.
Have you settled into fall schedules now?
Even though I'm not returning to work, fall just seems to demand a sense of order and organization. Those lazy days and late summer nights have ended and I'm embracing new projects and new routines.
But one thing never changes in our home -- starting the day with a healthy, protein-packed breakfast like these Creamy Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats.
Sometimes I love to experiment and try different flavours of overnight oats, or use whatever is in season, like these summertime Peach and Blueberry Overnight Oats. But this week, I opted for autumn flavours, because what symbolizes fall more than pumpkin spice?
Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats are a great choice for breakfast
- they're convenient. Make a jar the night before (or make enough for a few days) and head to bed knowing that your breakfast will be ready and waiting for you in the morning. Take time to sit and simply enjoy these creamy fall flavours, or grab it and go, eating later when you have time.
- they'll keep you full and satisfied. Eating complex carbohydrates and protein in the morning helps you avoid spikes in your blood sugar. Oats are a good source of soluble fiber and take longer to digest, making you feel full.
- adding chia seeds makes them even more nutritious. Chia seeds are an excellent source of fiber, protein, Omega-3 fatty acids and other micronutrients and are full of anti-oxidants.
- they are quick to make the night before. You can head to bed knowing that your healthy breakfast will be working its magic in the fridge while you sleep.
All you need to make these little jars of breakfast bliss are:
oats: rolled oats or old-fashioned oats, certified gluten-free, if necessary
yogurt: Greek yogurt or a plant-based yogurt to keep these overnight oats dairy-free
milk: your choice of milk, dairy or plant-based
pumpkin: canned or homemade pumpkin purée (not pumpkin pie mix)
chia seeds: to thicken the oats and add extra protein
pumpkin spices: cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves
sweetener: maple syrup, or your choice of sweetener
toppings: nuts, seeds, dried fruit or fresh fruit
These pumpkin pie overnight oats are quick and easy to make the night before!
- Simply mix all ingredients together in a medium bowl, stir to combine and spoon into small, serving-size jars. Cover and refrigerate.
- In the morning, add toppings of your choice, like pecans, walnuts, dried fruit, diced apples or chopped pears.
- I eat these cold, straight from the fridge, but on chilly mornings, you might like them quickly warmed in the microwave.
❓How long will pumpkin overnight oats last?
Cover these jars of oats and they will last 3 to 5 days in the fridge. Add the toppings just before serving, so they don't become soggy.
🔁 Possible Substitutions
You can easily make this recipe vegan and gluten-free. Substitute coconut milk or almond milk yogurt for the traditional Greek yogurt and use certified gluten-free oats, if necessary.
Make it Vegan: Use coconut yogurt or a nut-milk yogurt, and a nut-based milk or rice milk
Make it gluten-free: Use certified gluten-free rolled oats.
I hope you get a chance to make these soon. They're just that good!
Creamy Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats
- ½ cup rolled oats (gluten-free if necessary)
- ½ cup Greek yogurt, or use coconut or almond milk yogurt for a dairy-free alternative
- ½ cup milk of your choice (almond coconut, cashew, dairy, etc.)
- ½ cup canned or homemade pumpkin purée
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ⅛ tsp ground cloves
- 2 - 3 tsp pure maple syrup
- Toppings: walnuts and dried cranberries or other nuts seeds or dried fruit of your choice.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Stir well and spoon into 8 ounce jars. Leave room at the top for add-ons in the morning.
- Seal and refrigerate overnight. This recipe makes two servings.
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on any of the affiliate links and make a purchase within a certain time frame, I’ll receive a small commission. The commission is paid by the third party, not by you. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.