These Creamy Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats made with warm fall spices and chia seeds make a healthy breakfast to wake up to! These oats in a jar are easy to make vegan and gluten-free. Full of fall flavours, they have just the right amount of spice and sweetness!
These little jars of pumpkin pie overnight oats are full of fall flavours: pumpkin, cinnamon, pecans, and cranberries.
They're creamy, delicately sweet, and they have that necessary crunch we crave from added nuts and dried fruit. I added pecans and cranberries to one jar and pumpkin seeds to another and both were delicious.
Sometimes I love to experiment and try different flavours of overnight oats or use whatever is in season, like these summertime Peach and Blueberry Overnight Oats. But this week, I opted for autumn flavours, because what symbolizes fall more than pumpkin spice?
❤️ Why this overnight oats recipe works
- they're convenient. Mix the ingredients for a jar of overnight oats the night before (or make enough for a few days) and head to bed knowing that your breakfast will be ready and waiting for you in the morning. Take time to sit and simply enjoy these creamy fall flavours, or grab it and go, eating later when you have time.
- they'll keep you full and satisfied. Eating complex carbohydrates and protein in the morning helps you avoid spikes in your blood sugar. Oats are a good source of soluble fiber and take longer to digest, making you feel full.
- adding chia seeds makes them even more nutritious. Chia seeds are an excellent source of fiber, protein, Omega-3 fatty acids and other micronutrients and are full of anti-oxidants.
- they are quick to make the night before. You can head to bed knowing that your healthy breakfast will be working its magic in the fridge while you sleep.
All you need to make these little jars of breakfast bliss are:
- oats: rolled oats or old-fashioned oats, certified gluten-free, if necessary
- yogurt: Greek yogurt or a plant-based yogurt to keep these overnight oats dairy-free
- milk: your choice of milk, dairy or plant-based
- pumpkin: canned or homemade pumpkin purée (not pumpkin pie mix)
- chia seeds: to thicken the oats and add extra protein
- pumpkin spices: cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves
- sweetener: maple syrup, or your choice of sweetener
- toppings: nuts, seeds, dried fruit or fresh fruit
These pumpkin pie overnight oats are quick and easy to make the night before!
- Simply mix all ingredients together in a medium bowl, stir to combine and spoon into small, serving-size jars. Cover and refrigerate.
- In the morning, add toppings of your choice, like pecans, walnuts, dried fruit, diced apples or chopped pears.
- I eat these cold, straight from the fridge, but on chilly mornings, you might like them quickly warmed in the microwave.
❓How long will pumpkin overnight oats last?
Cover these jars of oats and they will last 3 to 5 days in the fridge. Add the toppings just before serving, so they don't become soggy.
🔁 Possible Substitutions
You can easily make this recipe vegan and gluten-free. Substitute coconut milk or almond milk yogurt for the traditional Greek yogurt and use certified gluten-free oats, if necessary.
Make it Vegan: Use coconut yogurt or a nut-milk yogurt, and a nut-based milk or rice milk
Make it gluten-free: Use certified gluten-free rolled oats.
What to do with leftover canned pumpkin
This recipe uses ½ cup of canned or puréed pumpkin. Make more pumpkin treats with the leftover pumpkin! See this helpful list of Smart Ideas for Leftover Pumpkin Purée.
The first two listed here are no-bake recipes!
- Grain-Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Pumpkin Energy Balls
- Greek Yogurt Pumpkin Cheesecake Mousse
- Warm Cranberry Apple Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Spice Bread with Cream Cheese Frosting
I hope you get a chance to make these pumpkin oats in a jar soon. They're just that good! When you make them, please leave a comment and a rating below! Thanks in advance. Subscribe to my newsletter and have new recipes delivered straight to your inbox once a week.
🗒 More gluten-free breakfast recipes
Creamy Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats
- ½ cup rolled oats, certified gluten-free if necessary
- ½ cup Greek yogurt, or use coconut or almond milk yogurt for a dairy-free alternative
- ½ cup milk of your choice almond, coconut, cashew, dairy, etc.)
- ½ cup canned or homemade pumpkin purée
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 - 3 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- Toppings: walnuts and dried cranberries or other nuts seeds or dried fruit of your choice.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Stir well and spoon into 8 ounce jars. Leave room at the top for add-ons in the morning.
- Seal and refrigerate overnight. This recipe makes two servings.