These Mini Cheese Balls on a stick are one of the easiest appetizers ever! They're a creamy bite perfectly balanced with sharp blue cheese (or other sharp cheese) and sweet cranberries. Perfect for holiday parties.
Mini Cheese Balls on a Pretzel Stick!
Here's a quick and easy last-minute appetizer for your next party. I make these little bite-sized cheese balls often, especially at holiday time, and they are always snapped up!
Who can resist tiny bites on a stick? They're quick and easy to make if you use a food processor and you can make them ahead of time before your guests arrive. Pop in the pretzel stick (use gluten-free pretzels if necessary) just before serving.
These Mini Cheese Balls on a Stick are so simple to make!
- Put all ingredients in a food processor.
- Process until well combined.
- Roll the mixture into little balls.
- Coat with chopped nuts, and refrigerate.
- Just before serving, push a pretzel or a fancy toothpick in the center and bam! A fun finger food is ready for party time!
These cheese balls are one creamy bite, perfectly balanced with the sharpness of blue cheese and the sweetness of cranberries. If you don't care for blue cheese, substitute another strong cheese, like aged cheddar or a smoked cheese.
These mini cheese balls are guaranteed to disappear from your appetizer platter quickly.
Can I make these bite-sized cheese balls ahead of time?
Yes! Combine the ingredients, roll into balls, and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. These will stay fresh for up to 3 days. Insert the pretzel stick just before serving.
Try variations of these cheese ball bites!
You'll love these Mini Cherry Almond Cheese Balls, too.
If you can't eat regular dairy cheese, you might like these Mini Goat Cheese Balls instead.
WATCH THIS VIDEO to see just how quickly you can make these fun mini cheese balls on a pretzel stick!
Mini Cheese Balls on a Stick
- 1 8 oz. pkg light cream cheese
- 3 oz crumbled blue cheese (3/4 cup, or other strong cheese--smoked cheddar is also good)
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- approximately 30 Pretzel sticks (use gluten-free pretzel sticks if necessary)
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Spread the pecans out on a baking sheet and toast for 7-10 minutes, just until fragrant. Allow to cool, then chop finely in a food processor. Remove and set aside. Clean food processor.
- Cut the cream cheese into cubes and toss into the food processor bowl. Process until smooth.
- Add the blue cheese and the cranberries and pulse just until the cranberries are slightly chopped. If you process it too long the cheese mixture will take on an unappetizing blue tinge.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Dampen your fingers and roll balls of the cheese mixture about 3/4 to 1 inch in diameter. They should be small enough for a single bite. Roll in the chopped pecans and place on the parchment paper. Chill in the refrigerator for about 2 hours.
- Just before serving, insert a pretzel stick in the middle of each ball. If you insert it too early, it will turn soggy.
More Finger Food inspiration
- 20 Easy Finger Food Appetizers
- Mini Spinach Artichoke Tarts
- Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Dates
- Holiday Cheese and Olive Appetizer Wreath
- Cranberry Glazed Chili Chicken Wings
- Spicy Stuffed Mini Peppers
- 5 Tips for making Perfect Crostini
This recipe was adapted from FiveHeartHome.com
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on any of the affiliate links and make a purchase within a certain time frame, I’ll receive a small commission. The commission is paid by the third party, not by you. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
SAVE THIS TO ONE OF YOUR PINTEREST BOARDS
and connect with me on Pinterest! I’m always finding new tasty recipes to pin.