These Mini Cheese Balls on a stick are one of the easiest appetizers ever! They’re a creamy bite perfectly balanced with sharp blue cheese and sweet cranberries. Perfect for holiday parties.
Jump to Recipe Print Recipe
Watch this video to see just how quickly you can make these.
Mini Cheese Balls on a stick!
Here’s a quick and easy last-minute appetizer for your next party. These little bite-sized cheese balls are super popular. Who can resist tiny bites on a stick?
These Mini Cheese Balls on a Stick are so simple to make!
- Put all ingredients in a food processor.
- Process until well combined.
- Roll the mixture into little balls.
- Coat with chopped nuts, and refrigerate.
- Just before serving, push a pretzel or a fancy toothpick in the center and bam! A fun finger food is ready.
They’re one creamy bite perfectly balanced with the sharpness of the blue cheese and the sweetness of the cranberries. If you don’t care for blue cheese, substitute another strong cheese, like aged cheddar or a smoked cheese. These mini cheese balls are guaranteed to disappear from your appetizer platter quickly.
Try another variation! You’ll love these Mini Cherry Almond Cheese Balls, too.
If you can’t eat regular dairy cheese, you might like these Mini Goat Cheese Balls instead.
- 1 8 oz. pkg light cream cheese
- 3 oz crumbled blue cheese (3/4 cup, or other strong cheese of your choice--I have used smoked cheddar)
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- approximately 30 Pretzel sticks (use gluten-free pretzel sticks if necessary)
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Spread the pecans out on a baking sheet and toast for 7-10 minutes, just until fragrant. Allow to cool, then chop finely in a food processor. Remove and set aside. Clean food processor.
- Cut the cream cheese into cubes and toss into the food processor bowl. Process until smooth.
- Add the blue cheese and the cranberries and pulse just until the cranberries are slightly chopped. If you process it too long the cheese mixture will take on an unappetizing blue tinge.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Dampen your fingers and roll balls of the cheese mixture about 3/4 to 1 inch in diameter. They should be small enough for a single bite. Roll in the chopped pecans and place on the parchment paper. Chill in the refrigerator for about 2 hours.
- Just before serving, insert a pretzel stick in the middle of each ball. If you insert it too early, it will turn soggy.
Make this your own creation! Use cream cheese as a base, but add a different hard cheese. Try adding different dried fruits and nuts, like very finely chopped dried apricots rolled in finely chopped pistachio or pumpkin seeds.
This recipe was adapted from FiveHeartHome.com
If you like making easy finger foods, you might also like these Fresh Veggie Zucchini Roll-Ups.