Make this easy 4-ingredient espresso glazed holiday nut mix as gifts for friends and family--or just devour it yourself!
Here's a quick and easy holiday nut mix with a difference! I love having nut mixes on hand during the holidays and often make these Sweet and Spicy Rosemary Nuts. This year, I added Sweet and Spicy Pretzel Nut Snack Mix to my list of favourites, but now, here's something new that I'm excited to share with you: Espresso Glazed Holiday Nut Mix.
This holiday nut mix has a bit of a kick from the instant espresso and if you like that rich coffee flavour as much as I do, you will love these nuts.
I've packaged them up for gifts, but I know I'm going to have to make a double batch next time. Soon.
This is a simple 3-step recipe:
- Combine the glaze ingredients and heat to boiling.
- Stir in the nuts.
- Bake in the oven.
Espresso Glazed Holiday Nut Mix
- 2 Tablespoons hot water
- 1/1/2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- ¼ cup brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 Tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 3 cups whole mixed unsalted nuts
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- In a medium saucepan (enough to hold 3 cups) combine water and coffee. When dissolved, add sugar and honey. Stir over medium-high heat until sugar has dissolved and mixture boils.
- Remove from heat and add nuts. Stir until well combined
- Spread nut mix in a single layer on lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 - 15 minutes, stirring half way through. Watch carefully to prevent burning. Sprinkle with salt.
- Cool on baking sheet. Break into pieces. Store in an airtight container.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on any of the affiliate links and make a purchase within a certain time frame, I’ll receive a small commission. The commission is paid by the third party, not by you. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.