Serve these cute Mini No-Bake Cherry Almond Cheesecakes in small Mason jars or dessert glasses. A great choice for a dessert buffet or for picnics! A make-ahead gluten-free cherry dessert with sugar-free options.
This recipe for Mini No-bake Cherry Almond Cheesecake in jars makes an easy dessert for a crowd! Love cheesecake but don't like the fuss? This recipe may be just what you're looking for.
While this recipe is a no-bake cheesecake, the crust IS baked. To keep this recipe gluten-free and sugar-free and to avoid using commercial cookie crumbs, I made the crust for this cherry dessert using almond flour. It only takes ten minutes to bake in the oven, and then, once cooled, the Mason jars are ready to fill and top with sweet cherries.
If you don't want to use your oven at all, but still want a delicious mini cheesecake, you'll love my other recipe for Mason Jar No-Bake Cheesecake with fresh berries.
Ready to make a shopping list? Here's what you'll need.
Ingredients for Mini Cherry Almond Cheesecake
For the crust: almond flour, butter, sweetener of your choice, and optional cardamom
To make the filling: cream cheese, Greek yogurt, sweetener of your choice, vanilla extract
For the topping: frozen or fresh cherries, sweetener of your choice, cornstarch
Helpful tips and substitutions
I love the combination of cherries with cardamom, so I used a small amount in the crust, just for a hint of flavour. You could add ¼ teaspoon of almond extract instead, if you prefer.
I bake with a 0-calorie sweetener, usually Lacanto Monkfruit with Erythritol. However, you can use granulated sugar or coconut sugar in the crust and the filling. You can substitute either of those types of sugar or honey in the topping.
I used low-fat cream cheese and low-fat Greek yogurt, but any type will work. Avoid lumps by making sure the cream cheese is softened.
Both frozen or fresh cherries will work in this no-bake cheesecake recipe. Frozen cherries come pitted, which is a big time-saver. If you use fresh cherries, you will have to add ⅓ to ½ cup water to the cherries in the saucepan when making the cherry topping.
Make ahead of time
Need to make these Cherry Almond Cheesecakes ahead of time? No problem. You can make them a day or two in advance. Add the cherry topping just before serving.
Freezing mini Mason jar cheesecakes
Prepare the almond flour crust, fill with the cheesecake mixture, add a lid and freeze. Thaw in the refrigerator, then add the cherry topping on the day you plan to serve them.
More Cherry Dessert Recipes
For more ideas for desserts in jars, check out this collection! 12 Gluten-Free Mini Desserts in Jars
Mini No-Bake Cherry Almond Cheesecake
- 1 ⅓ cups almond flour finely ground
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 2 tbsp low-carb granulated sweetener
- 1 tsp ground cardamom optional or ¼ tsp pure almond extract
No-Bake Cheesecake filling
- 16 oz low-fat cream cheese softened
- 2 cups firm Greek yogurt
- ⅓ cup low-carb granulated sweetener
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups cherries, pitted, fresh or frozen
- ¼ cup low carb granulated sweetener
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. Melt butter. Sift almond flour before measuring. Combine flour with butter, sweetener and optional cardamom. Divide among 15 4-ounce Mason jars, pressing firmly into the bottom of the jar. (A shot glass works well for this job.) Place the jars on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Using an electric hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with the beater attachment, beat softened cream cheese with sweetener, then add Greek yogurt and vanilla and beat until well combined. Make sure you have softened the cream cheese to avoid lumpy cheesecake.
- Spoon into cooled jars and refrigerate.
- To make cherry topping, combine cherries, sweetener and cornstarch in a saucepan. If using fresh cherries, add ⅓ to ½ cup water. Simmer until thickened, stirring gently. Chill completely before adding to cheesecake jars.
- Garnish with a sprig of mint, if desired and serve. Store leftovers covered.
These are handy little jars for desserts and more! This funnel makes filling the Mason jars mess-free.