Prepare a healthy breakfast at bedtime and wake up to these naturally sweet peach and blueberry overnight oats. Sun-ripened summer fruit with plant-based milk and wholesome oats makes an easy and delicious gluten-free breakfast!
Introducing my newest overnight oats flavour: Peach and Blueberry Overnight Oats!
Pineapple-Orange, Strawberry-Banana, and Chunky Monkey Overnight Oats: these are some of my favourite overnight oats flavours.
This week, however, with my garden overflowing with peaches and blueberries, these two became my new add-ins. The fresh taste of sun-ripened summer fruit with healthy creamy oats in this small jar of Peach and Blueberry Overnight Oats was a great way to start my day by eating "clean."
Overnight oats are a huge time-saver! They make those busy hectic mornings a little less so, and you can leave the house knowing you've had a nutritious breakfast. Make a batch of these on a Sunday evening and have your breakfast ready and waiting for you during the week!
rolled oats: sometimes called old-fashioned oats. Oats are naturally gluten-free, but sometimes they are processed in a facility that also processes wheat. If you have celiac disease, you will want to choose oats that are certified gluten-free.
milk: your choice, dairy or plant-based. To keep these overnight oats dairy-free, choose a plant-based milk like almond milk, cashew milk or oat milk.
chia seeds: will thicken the oatmeal-milk mixture, making it creamy smooth and adding protein
sweetener: maple syrup or honey are always delicious choices
a pinch of salt: it may seem trivial, but even a tiny amount brings out the natural, nutty flavour of oatmeal.
peaches and blueberries: both fresh or frozen will work beautifully in this overnight oats recipe. Add as much as you can fit in the jar, and add extra in the morning if you like.
Wake up to a healthy breakfast of Peach and Blueberry Overnight Oats!
- Put rolled oats in a jar, add your choice of milk and protein-rich, energy-boosting chia seeds, stir in a little maple syrup or honey and top with chopped fresh peaches and blueberries.
- Cover and let your jar full of healthy goodness work its magic in the refrigerator overnight.
- The chia seeds will soften, making them easier to digest. In the morning, you'll have sweet, creamy oatmeal that you can either eat cold, straight from the jar, or pour into a bowl and heat in the microwave or in a saucepan on the stove.
How long will overnight oats last in the fridge?
If sealed with a lid, your overnight oats in jars will last for 4-5 days.
More healthy gluten-free breakfast recipes
Peach and Blueberry Overnight Oats
- Measure oats, milk, chia seeds, maple syrup and salt into an 8 oz. jar. Stir to combine thoroughly.
- Add toppings of your choice, except nuts. Cover tightly with a lid. Refrigerate overnight.
- Either mix and eat cold straight from the jar or transfer to bowl, add a little more milk and reheat in microwave.