Naturally sweetened, vegan peanut butter chocolate pumpkin energy balls are perfect for a fall treat! These healthy bites are grain-free, made with dates, peanut butter, pumpkin, pumpkin spice mix, chocolate chips and hemp hearts. Packed with protein, these no-bake pumpkin balls totally satisfy!
These pumpkin energy balls have that crave-worthy peanut butter chocolate flavour we love, they're packed with protein, and they deserve a spot on your favourite Mid-Afternoon Pick-Me-Up Snack List.
Truthfully, I didn't make these for myself. I made them for kids! They love peanut butter, but because of their classmates' severe allergies, they can't take peanut butter in their school lunches.
These no-bake pumpkin energy balls let them have the peanut butter they love, all wrapped up in a pumpkin-spice flavoured energy ball. It's a winning flavour combination that says, "Welcome Fall!"
- canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- peanut butter
- Medjool dates, pitted. These dates have a creamy, almost caramel flavour.
- warm fall spices: cinnamon, nutmeg, ground ginger, ground cloves
- hemp seeds: also called hemp hearts
- chocolate chips
- ground pecans
- unsweetened shredded coconut
❓ Can I make these with almond butter?
Don't worry if you don't like (or can't eat) peanut butter, or if you're following a paleo diet. Make almond butter chocolate pumpkin energy balls instead. And if you need an energy ball that does not contain nuts, you'll love these Nut-Free Carrot Cake Energy Bites.
These pumpkin energy bites come together quickly in a food processor.
- First, process the dates, pumpkin purée, peanut butter, and spices in a food processor.
- Next, add hemp seeds and chocolate chips.
- Form into balls, and roll in crushed pecans or coconut.
🗓How to store energy balls
These pumpkin energy bites will keep fresh in the fridge for over a week, ready to grab when you need a boost of energy. They freeze beautifully, too.
One totally satisfies!
Wondering how to use leftover canned pumpkin?
This recipe uses ½ cup of canned or puréed pumpkin. Make more pumpkin treats with the leftover pumpkin! The first two listed here are no-bake recipes! You'll find more smart ideas for leftover pumpkin purée in this collection.
- Creamy Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats
- Greek Yogurt Pumpkin Cheesecake Mousse
- Warm Cranberry Apple Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Spice Bread with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Pumpkin Peanut Butter Dog Treats (don't forget Fido!)
When you make these pumpkin energy balls, please leave a comment and a star rating below! Thanks in advance. Subscribe to my newsletter and have new recipes delivered straight to your inbox.
Grain-Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Pumpkin Energy Balls
- ¼ cup pecans, crushed
- ¼ cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- Put all ingredients except hemp seeds and chocolate chips in a food processor and process until well blended and mixture forms a ball. Remove lid, break dough apart, add hemp seeds and chocolate chips. Pulse a few times, just until incorporated into the dough.
- Roll into 1-inch balls in the palm of your hands. Roll half the balls in ground pecans and the other half in coconut, if desired. Chill. Store in refrigerator or freezer.