Naturally sweetened, vegan peanut butter chocolate pumpkin energy balls are perfect for a fall treat! These healthy bites are grain-free, made with dates, nut butter, pumpkin, pumpkin spice mix, chocolate chips and hemp seeds. Packed with protein, these no-bake pumpkin balls totally satisfy!
These pumpkin energy balls have that crave-worthy peanut butter chocolate flavour we love, they're packed with protein, and they deserve a spot on your favourite Mid-Afternoon Pick-Me-Up Snack List.
Truthfully, I didn't make these for myself. I made them for kids! They love peanut butter, but because of their classmates' severe allergies, they can't take peanut butter in their school lunches.
These no-bake pumpkin energy balls let them have the peanut butter they love, all wrapped up in a pumpkin-spice flavoured energy ball. It's a winning flavour combination that says, "Welcome Fall!"
- canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- nut butter, like almond or cashew butter, or peanut butter
- Medjool dates, pitted
- warm fall spices: cinnamon, nutmeg, ground ginger, ground cloves
- hemp seeds or chia seeds
- chocolate chips
- ground pecans
- unsweetened shredded coconut
🔁 If you can't eat peanut butter . . .
Don't worry if you don't like (or can't eat) peanut butter, or if you're following a paleo diet. Make almond butter chocolate pumpkin energy balls instead. These energy balls are just as tasty made with other nut butters, like almond butter or cashew butter.
These pumpkin energy bites come together quickly in a food processor.
- First, process the dates, pumpkin purée, peanut butter, and spices in a food processor.
- Next, add hemp seeds and chocolate chips.
- Form into balls, and roll in crushed pecans or coconut.
🗓How to store energy balls
These pumpkin energy bites will keep fresh in the fridge for over a week, ready to grab when you need a boost of energy. They freeze beautifully, too.
One totally satisfies!
What to do with leftover canned pumpkin
This recipe uses ½ cup of canned or puréed pumpkin. Make more pumpkin treats with the leftover pumpkin! The first two listed here are no-bake recipes!
- Creamy Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats
- Greek Yogurt Pumpkin Cheesecake Mousse
- Warm Cranberry Apple Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Spice Bread with Cream Cheese Frosting
When you make these pumpkin energy balls, please leave a comment and a rating! Thanks in advance.
Grain-Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Pumpkin Energy Balls
- ¼ cup pecans, crushed
- ¼ cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- Put all ingredients except hemp seeds and chocolate chips in a food processor and process until well blended and mixture forms a ball. Remove lid, break dough apart, add hemp seeds and chocolate chips. Pulse a few times, just until incorporated into the dough.
- Roll into 1-inch balls in the palm of your hands. Roll half the balls in ground pecans and the other half in coconut, if desired. Chill. Store in refrigerator or freezer.