Naturally sweetened, vegan peanut butter chocolate pumpkin energy balls are perfect for a fall treat! These healthy bites are grain-free, made with dates, nut butter, pumpkin, pumpkin spice mix, chocolate chips and hemp seeds. Packed with protein!
These pumpkin energy balls have that crave-worthy peanut butter-chocolate flavour we love, they're packed with protein, and they deserve a spot on your favourite Mid-Afternoon Pick-Me-Up Snack List.
Truthfully, I didn't make these for myself. I made them for kids! They love peanut butter, but because of their classmates' severe allergies, they can't take peanut butter in their school lunches. These pumpkin energy balls let them have the peanut butter they love, all wrapped up in a pumpkin spice flavoured energy ball.
If you can't eat peanut butter . . .
Don't worry if you don't like (or can't eat) peanut butter, or if you're following a paleo diet. These energy balls are just as tasty made with almond butter.
These pumpkin energy bites come together quickly in a food processor.
- First, process the dates, pumpkin purée, peanut butter, and spices in a food processor.
- Next, add hemp seeds and chocolate chips.
- Form into balls, and roll in crushed pecans or coconut.
They'll keep fresh in the fridge for over a week, ready to grab when you need a boost of energy.
One totally satisfies!
Grain-Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Pumpkin Energy Balls
- ¼ cup pecan crumbs
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Put all ingredients except hemp seeds and chocolate chips in a food processor and process until well blended and mixture forms a ball. Remove lid, break dough apart, add hemp seeds and chocolate chips. Pulse a few times, just until incorporated into the dough.
- Roll into 1 inch balls in the palm of your hands. Roll half the balls in ground pecans and the other half in coconut. Chill. Store in refrigerator.
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on any of the affiliate links and make a purchase within a certain time frame, I’ll receive a small commission. The commission is paid by the third party, not by you. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. It’s an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.