Tiny Roasted Cauliflower Soup Shooters are an ideal starter for a dinner party. Dairy-free! Kids love them too! Keto, Vegan, Paleo and Whole30 compliant.
It's time to have fun with your food! What better way than to serve it as small bites, or in this case, small sips? These Roasted Cauliflower Soup Shooters are a great way to start a dinner party. They allow your guests to have a taste, without filling up before the main course.
These have been a popular starter in our home. This soup is velvety and creamy without adding cream!
Roasting cauliflower before simmering it in the soup pot brings out the flavour and really makes a difference to the finished product.
How to make Roasted Cauliflower Soup Shooters
- Roast slices of cauliflower in the oven until tender.
- Meanwhile sauté onion, leek, garlic and celery.
- Add the roasted cauliflower to the pot, then add broth and water.
- Purée in a blender.
How many people will this recipe serve?
This recipe will make about 4-6 cups of soup, so you'll have enough shooters for a crowd of 20 to 24 if the serving size is ¼ cup. Garnish with a sprinkle of smoked paprika, add a bread stick and serve!
Can I freeze this Roasted Cauliflower Soup?
Yes! Save the leftover soup and freeze in airtight containers or glass jars for another day.
This recipe is a riff on my Roasted Cauliflower Soup with Spicy Pumpkin Seeds. Its mild flavour is perfect for pairing with different additions.
Get creative! Serve it with different toppings, like pesto and basil or bacon and chives.
In the mood to make soup? You might find inspiration in this post:
Roasted Cauliflower Soup Shots
- 1 head cauliflower sliced, including the core
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil divided
- ½ onion diced
- 1 medium leek white and light green parts only, sliced thinly
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup organic chicken broth or vegetable stock for vegan
- 2½- 3 cups water
- 1 sprinkle smoked paprika for garnish or use other herbs of your choice.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Place the slices of cauliflower on a baking sheet, drizzle with a little olive oil and roast until tender, about 15 - 20 minutes. Watch carefully to prevent too much browning.
- In a large, heavy-bottomed pot, heat the oil until hot. Sauté the onion, leek, garlic, and celery until soft but not browned.
- Add the salt. Add the roasted cauliflower and toss until it is completely coated with the onion mixture. Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the broth and water. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 5 minutes. Purée in a blender until smooth.
- Pour back into the pot and reheat to a simmer before serving.
- Garnish with a tiny sprinkle of smoked paprika and a bread stick or cheese straw.
Here are a couple of different styles of tasting dishes available from Amazon.com. These are affiliate links.
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on any of the affiliate links and make a purchase within a certain time frame, I’ll receive a small commission. The commission is paid by the third party, not by you. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. It’s an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.