Tiny Roasted Cauliflower Soup Shooters are an ideal starter for a dinner party. Kids love them too!
It’s time to have fun with your food! What better way than to serve it as small bites, or in this case, small sips? Soup shooters are a great way to start a dinner party. They allow your guests to have a taste, without filling up before the main course.
These Roasted Cauliflower Soup Shooters have been a popular starter in our home. This soup is velvety and creamy without adding cream! Roasting cauliflower before simmering it in the soup pot brings out the flavour and really makes a difference to the finished product.
This recipe will make about 4-6 cups of soup, so you’ll have enough shooters for a crowd if the serving size is 1/4 cup. Garnish with a sprinkle of smoked paprika, add a bread stick and serve!
Save the leftover soup and freeze for another day. This recipe is a riff on my Roasted Cauliflower Soup with Spicy Pumpkin Seeds. It’s mild flavour is perfect for pairing with different additions. Get creative! Serve it with different toppings, like pesto and basil or bacon and chives.
- 1 head cauliflower, sliced, including the core
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 1 leek, white and light green parts only, sliced thinly
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 1 tsp seasalt
- 1 cup organic chicken broth
- 2½- 3 cups water
- smoked paprika for garnish, or use other herbs of your choice.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Place the slices of cauliflower on a baking sheet, drizzle with a little olive oil and roast until tender, about 15 - 20 minutes. Watch carefully to prevent too much browning.
- In a large, heavy-bottomed pot, heat the oil until hot. Sauté the onion, leek, garlic, and celery until soft but not browned.
- Add the salt. Add the roasted cauliflower and toss until it is completely coated with the onion mixture. Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and water. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 5 minutes. Purée in a blender until smooth.
- Pour back into the pot and reheat to a simmer before serving.
- Garnish with a tiny sprinkle of smoked paprika and a bread stick or cheese straw.
Here are a couple of different styles of tasting dishes available from Amazon.com. These are affiliate links.