Air Fryer Rolled Stuffed Turkey Breasts are perfect for small holiday dinners. These juicy spinach-feta stuffed turkey rolls cook in 15 minutes! This recipe includes cooking times and instructions for oven-roasted turkey breast rolls, too.
This recipe for Air Fryer Rolled Stuffed Turkey Breasts may be the one you're looking for those times when you don't want to roast a whole turkey. If you're having a small gathering for your holiday dinner, you'll love these easily rolled turkey breasts stuffed with a herbed spinach-feta filling!
Juicy turkey breasts, rolled around creamy spinach and feta filling, seasoned with herbs make an ideal holiday dinner main dish.
Rolled turkey breasts instead of a whole turkey
For the past few years, I've made these spinach and feta stuffed turkey rolls for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners instead of roasting a whole turkey. My oven is freed up for side dishes, I don't have to start stuffing and cooking a turkey early in the day, and there's no carcass to deal with!
This rolled turkey breast recipe is an ideal choice when you're hosting a small group or when you simply don't want to cook a whole turkey. We all know that the best parts of a turkey dinner are all the side dishes, anyway!
When I found this Turkey Breast with Spinach Feta Stuffing recipe on keyingredient.com, I knew I could adapt it to make it an air fryer recipe. Cooked in 15 minutes, it turns out moist and juicy with a crisp seasoned coating.
Can I cook these rolled stuffed turkey breasts in the oven?
Yes! Buy skin-on boneless turkey breasts to keep the meat from drying out in the oven, or wrap the turkey rolls in bacon first. See the recipe card below for instructions for oven-roasting instructions.
You'll find a complete list of ingredients for stuffed turkey rolls in the recipe card below. Here are a few helpful notes! This recipe is written for two turkey small breasts or two large chicken breasts. To double or triple the recipe, click on the Serving amount in the recipe card below and use the little slider to recalculate the amounts.
turkey breasts: two small breasts, (about 5 - 6 ounces each) boneless and skinless, or skin-on.
fresh baby spinach: fresh has more flavour than frozen
aromatics: shallots and garlic: for lots of flavour
bread crumbs: use gluten-free bread crumbs, or gluten-free Panko, if necessary
herbs: sage and thyme (fresh or dried)
feta cheese: for a tangy flavour and a creamy texture
egg white: helps to bind the filling
poultry seasoning: use your favourite store-bought, or try mine! Combine ½ teaspoon each of sea salt, pepper, garlic powder and smoked paprika.
Here's a quick overview of what you'll do to make these fabulous Air Fryer Rolled Stuffed Turkey Breasts with spinach and feta. You'll find detailed instructions in the recipe card below.
- Wilt the baby spinach, squeeze to remove excess moisture.
- Make the filling.
- Butterfly the turkey breasts and using a meat mallet, pound to flatten evenly to ½ inch thickness.
- Spread the filling on the breasts.
- Roll up and tie the stuffed breasts with bakers' twine. (affiliate link)
- Brush the rolled breasts with oil and sprinkle with poultry seasoning.
- Air fry, or roast in the oven, and serve (with gravy, if desired.)
👍🏼 Helpful Tips
Rolling and tying the turkey breasts can be a little awkward, but the rolls don't have to be perfect! To prevent the filling from leaking out, don't spread the filling right to the edges. Instead, leave a one-inch border.
An instant-read meat thermometer (affiliate link) is a must for cooking poultry. It's a much better option than cutting into the fillet to see if it looks done, and in the process, letting all those delicious juices flow out! Poultry should be cooked to an internal temperature of 165°F.
For more helpful tips on getting the most out of your air fryer, see 5 Air Fryer Tips for Beginners.
A Note about Air Fryer times
There are many different brands of air fryers available. Cooking times may vary, depending on the type you own. I use the Ninja Air Fryer with a 4-quart capacity. (affiliate link) I find that it cooks food faster than many recipes recommend. Always check your food a few minutes before the suggested cooking time. It may need a little more time to cook.
🔁 Possible Variations
Serve with or without gravy. An air fryer cooks these turkey rolls quickly, searing the outside and keeping the juices inside. Gravy is not necessary. However, if you choose to cook these turkey rolls ahead of time and serve them cold, warm gravy to pour on top is a great idea!
Refrigerate leftovers promptly in an airtight container. They will last for up to 3 days.
🍽 Serving suggestions
Serve with your favourite mashed potatoes, or with any of the following:
And don't forget the cranberry sauce!
🗒More air fryer recipes you might like
If you make these spinach-feta stuffed turkey rolls, I'd love to hear how they turned out! Leave me a comment below.
Adapted from Turkey Breast with Spinach Feta Stuffing on keyingredient.com
📖 Recipe Card
Air Fryer Stuffed Rolled Turkey Breasts
- 4 cups (4 oz.) fresh baby spinach leaves
- 2 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoon shallots, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- ¼ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon bread crumbs, gluten-free, if necessary
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme, or 1 ½ teaspoon fresh thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried sage, or 1 ½ teaspoon fresh sage
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 large egg white, beaten
- 2 6 oz turkey breasts
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 tablespoon onion, finely minced
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoon flour, gluten-free, if necessary
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth or stock
- ½ teaspoon poultry seasoning, or more, to taste
Stuffed Turkey Rolls
- Add 1 teaspoon olive oil and 2 teaspoons water to a skillet and heat over medium heat. Add spinach leaves and toss and stir until wilted. Remove from heat, cool slightly, then thoroughly squeeze out excess moisture. Set aside in a small bowl.
- Add another teaspoon of oil to the skillet. Add shallots and cook for 2 minutes. Add minced garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the shallots, garlic, bread crumbs, feta cheese, thyme, sage, whisked egg white, and salt and pepper to the bowl with the spinach. Toss to combine evenly.
- Butterfly the turkey breasts: Lay a breast on a cutting board. Hold the blade of your knife parallel to the board, slice into the thickest portion of the breast. Slice almost all the way through, then unfold so the breast opens like a book, or a butterfly. Cover with a sheet of parchment paper or plastic wrap and pound with a meat mallet until the turkey is about ½ inch thick.
- Spread the spinach-feta filling on each of the turkey breasts, leaving a one-inch border.
- Starting at the widest end, roll up over the filling. Tie at 2-inch intervals with kitchen twine.
- Brush the rolled turkey breasts with a teaspoon of oil and sprinkle both sides with poultry seasoning.
- Preheat the air fryer to 375°F. for 3 minutes. Add the turkey rolls and fry for 10 minutes. Remove the basket from the fryer, use tongs to turn the rolls over. Reduce heat to 360°F. and cook for 5 minutes more. Cook time will depend on the size of the turkey breasts. Check with an instant read meat thermometer and remove them when it registers 160°F. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving and temperature will increase to 165°F.
- See oven-roasting directions in the Notes below.
- Meanwhile, prepare gravy, if using.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook for 2 minutes. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds more.
- Stir in flour, salt and pepper and cook one minute, stirring constantly.
- Slowly add stock, a little at a time, whisking to prevent lumps.
- Simmer over low heat for 5 - 7 minutes until thickened. Add ½ to 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning. Taste and correct the seasoning.