This Cranberry Rosemary Boneless Chicken dish is a simple, one-pan baked chicken dish, perfect for holiday dinners!
Cranberry Rosemary Boneless Chicken: easy enough for a weeknight meal but elegant enough for a special occasion!
Tart cranberries, pungent rosemary and tender chicken baked in a white wine sauce make this a flavourful dish you'll want to make again and again. This is a quick chicken dish, marinated first, then all baked in one pan in the oven. What could be easier?
And another plus: we agreed that leftovers are even better!
I first discovered how well cranberries go with chicken when I made these Cranberry Glazed Chili Chicken Wings. I love how they are all decked out in holiday colours, so I decided to make another cranberry chicken dish, too. While Easy Baked Lemon Chicken is still our favourite one-pan chicken dish, this one is a very close second, and I'm sure you'll love it, too!
Ready to make this one-pan dish? Here's what you'll you'll need.
Ingredients for Cranberry Rosemary Boneless Chicken
- chicken thighs: boneless, skinless thighs, about 8 or 9 thighs
- fresh cranberries: or thawed frozen cranberries
- olive oil: extra virgin
- soy sauce: (use tamari for gluten-free diet or coconut aminos for paleo diet)
- maple syrup: pure
- garlic: 3 cloves
- fresh rosemary sprigs: for both incredible flavour and for garnish
- white wine: any dry white wine will work in this recipe.
How to Make Cranberry Rosemary Chicken
- Blend all marinade ingredients in a food processor. Pour over the chicken, cover and let it marinate in the fridge for one to two hours or overnight.
- Add fresh rosemary sprigs and fresh cranberries and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven, turn chicken thighs over and bake for a further 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and has reached an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Optional: If you would like a pan sauce that is a little thicker, transfer the pan juices to a small saucepan and combine with a teaspoon of cornstarch. Whisk and heat until slightly thickened then add it back into the baking dish.
- Add the finishing touches by brushing on a mixture of maple syrup and white wine and broil until slightly crispy. Add more cranberries to the serving dish, tucking them in to the warm sauce, garnish with fresh rosemary and enjoy!
Can I use boneless chicken breasts?
Yes. Check their temperature to be sure they've reached 165°F. A meat or instant-read thermometer is a handy tool to have to make sure your chicken is fully cooked.
Cranberry Rosemary Boneless Chicken Thighs
- food processor
- 13 x 9 inch baking dish
- 1/3 cup cranberries fresh
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 2 tbsp tamari soy sauce or coconut aminos for paleo diet
- 2 tbsp maple syrup pure
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 8 - 9 chicken thighs boneless, skinless
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries plus a few more for garnish
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary plus more for garnish
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp white wine
- 1/2 med lemon cut into wedges for garnish
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. Pour over the chicken thighs in a baking dish, making sure to cover both sides of the thighs. Cover and refrigerate for 1 - 2 hours or overnight. The marinade will be quite pink if you have used a blender. Don't worry. It won't be this colour once it's cooked! If you used a food processor, there will be little flecks of cranberries in the marinade.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Add 1/2 cup cranberries and rosemary sprigs to the dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes, remove from oven, flip chicken thighs over and bake for an additional 10 minutes. Check that the chicken pieces have reached an internal temperature of 165°F. Remover from oven and discard the rosemary sprigs.
- Combine 1 tablespoon maple syrup with 1 tablespoon white wine. Brush on top of the chicken pieces, and place under the broiler for 3 - 5 minutes to create a slight glaze. Remove from oven, garnish with a few fresh cranberries, tucking them in to the warm sauce. Add rosemary sprigs and lemon wedges and serve.
I adapted this recipe slightly from Cranberry Rosemary One-Pan Chicken on 40Aprons. I substituted boneless thighs and made small changes to the method.
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on any of the affiliate links and make a purchase within a certain time frame, I’ll receive a small commission. The third party pays the commission, not you. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. It’s an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.