You’ll only need 4 ingredients that you probably have on hand to make the glaze for this sweet and tangy Honey Chili Lime Glazed Salmon. Cooks in 15 minutes! Paleo.
We loved this Honey Chili Lime Glazed Salmon. Why? The glaze needs only four ingredients that I usually have on hand and it takes only 15 minutes to cook. This salmon is absolutely delicious and insanely easy.
Lime, garlic, dried red pepper flakes, and honey. That’s it! How easy is that?
This is a great recipe for any time of the year, but I especially love this chili-lime flavour combo with summer meals. Fresh limes are inexpensive at this time of year, so I always seem to have some in the refrigerator. I use this combination a lot: in these Honey Lime Chili Chicken Thighs, Chili Lime Drumsticks, Chili Lime Shrimp with Fresh Salsa, and even Honey Lime Garlic Wings.
But with wild salmon fillets in my freezer, today was all about fish. This glaze is sweet and tangy and you can easily vary the amount of chili to suit your family’s tastes and “heat tolerance.” My credo is when cooking with chili peppers is Start with a little as you can always add more, but you can’t take it away!”
3 simple steps to make this one-pan Honey Chili Lime Glazed Salmon
- Whisk the glaze ingredients together.
- Sear the salmon in an oven-proof skillet.
- Pour the glaze over all and transfer the skillet to the oven to bake.
Wondering what to serve it with this easy salmon recipe? Here are a few ideas.
- Rice or Lemon Garlic Potato Kabobs
- Cantaloupe Arugula Salad
- OR Melon Cucumber Salad with Creamy Greek Yogurt Dressing
- OR Strawberry Mango Arugula Salad with Goat Cheese
Looking for other paleo easy salmon recipes? Try these:
Honey Chili Lime Glazed Salmon
- 2 tbsp fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 - 1 1/2 tsp dried red pepper flakes, depending on taste
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 wild salmon fillets, 4 - 5 oz (120 - 150 gm) each
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbsp oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Whisk lime juice, garlic, dried chili flakes, and honey together and set aside.
- Pat salmon fillets dry. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat an oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil and heat. When it ripples, carefully add the salmon fillets, skin-side up.
- Sear for 2 minutes, turn and sear on the other side for 2 minutes.
- Pour glaze over all and transfer skillet to oven. Bake for 8 - 12 minutes or until fish is beginning to flake with a fork. Time will depend on thickness of fillets. Remove from oven, spoon pan juices over top and serve immediately.
Items I used to make this Honey Chili Lime Glazed Salmon
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on any of the affiliate links and make a purchase within a certain time frame, I’ll receive a small commission. The commission is paid by the third party, not by you. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.