Lemon Garlic Potato Kabobs, hot off the grill, round out a casual dinner at any time of year.
These tiny Lemon Garlic Potato Kabobs are quick to prepare and oh-so-delicious! Baby potatoes, skewered with shallots and bathed in a lemon-garlic marinade–these crispy grilled potatoes are always popular in our home.
Grilling adds flavour and makes them crispy on the outside, but tender inside. They remind me of these Crispy Lemon Oven-Roasted Potatoes (that we LOVE) but these are smoky from the grill, too.
Grilling used to be something we only did in the summer months, but now we grill year-round. If the weather is very cold, I’ll use my stove-top grill pan, but most of the time I love to hang out by the barbecue on the deck and baby my dinner as it’s cooking.
These lemon garlic potato kabobs take only a few minutes to get that crispy grilled texture and smoky flavour, because you cook them on the stove or in the microwave first before tossing them in the lemon-garlic marinade and threading on skewers. Add different herbs, like rosemary, thyme or oregano to change the flavour when you make these another time (because I guarantee you will)!
Make these Lemon Garlic Potato Kabobs at any time of year
- as a side dish for Thanksgiving or Christmas
- with new baby potatoes in the spring
- as an easy summertime side with grilled meat or fish
Grilled Lemon Garlic Potato Kabobs
- 1 lb small new potatoes (about 12 - 15)
- 6 shallots
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- finely grated zest of one lemon
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp snipped fresh chives or green onions
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- sea salt and pepper to taste (or smoked sea salt)
- If using wooden skewers, place them in water to soak.
- Scrub potatoes and boil or microwave until just tender (and can be pierced with a fork). Drain.
- Peel and quarter the shallots.
- In a large bowl, place the oil and lemon juice. Grate the lemon zest, squeeze the lemon, minced the garlic, snip the chives and whisk together with the salt and pepper. Gently toss the potatoes and shallots with the lemon-herb mixture to coat.
- Thread the potatoes and shallots alternatively on skewers.
- Grill over medium heat, turning and reserving with the remaining marinade until crispy, 8 - 10 minutes. Sprinkle with a little coarse sea salt (or smoked sea salt) and serve.
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on any of the affiliate links and make a purchase within a certain time frame, I’ll receive a small commission. The commission is paid by the third party, not by you. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.