These Fresh Veggie Zucchini Roll-Ups with cream cheese are crisp, crunchy and flavoured with creamy Caesar dressing. A perfect party appetizer or healthy snack for kids!
Disclosure: I was monetarily compensated by Litehouse Inc. but all opinions in this post are my own.
These Fresh Veggie Zucchini Roll-Ups are so good, so fresh, and so fun to eat!
When Litehouse asked me to create a recipe that was fun, innovative, creative and used fresh, vibrant ingredients, I had a gazillion ideas circulating in my head. I spent several hours in my kitchen, experimenting with different ideas, using Denis as taste-tester.
I finally decided on these Fresh Veggies Zucchini Roll-Ups. Finger food! Fresh! Crunchy, delicious and healthy veggie finger foods! If you're looking for recipes for vegetable appetizers or finger food, this is one to make!
❤️ Why you'll love this recipe
- Who would have thought a raw zucchini appetizer could look (and taste) so spectacular?
- If you've followed my blog for a while, you know how I like to create fun finger foods and appetizers. These Zucchini Roll-Ups are an ideal appetizer for any time of year because you can vary the veggies you roll up inside, depending on what is in season.
- With zucchini blossoming in my garden and oodles of fresh veggies available in local stores and markets, creating a recipe that was fresh and easy was a logical choice.
- These Veggie Zucchini Roll-Ups make a healthy sushi-style snack for kids' lunches, too! I watched as the kids dipped and devoured these, crunching away on fresh veggies straight from the garden.
- Finger food is fun food for any age, but especially for kids.
Tip: Use refrigerated dressings for the best flavour
While I often make my own salad dressings and vinaigrettes, I've been a fan of Litehouse dressings and dips for years. Cold is where it's sold! I buy their preservative-free, refrigerated dressings right in the produce section, next to the fresh veggies and fruit.
Litehouse Caesar Dressing and Dip is one of my favourites. It's a full-bodied dressing loaded with garlic and Parmesan. It tastes like I've gone to all the work of making my own Caesar dressing! It paired perfectly with low-fat cream cheese in these veggie finger foods.
We want our kids (and grandkids) to learn to love a variety of fresh vegetables. Why not help them to do so by serving veggies with fresh, preservative-free dressing that they love? Real veggies deserve real dressings!
- cream cheese, low-fat if desired
- Litehouse Caesar Dressing to flavour the cream cheese and more for a dip!
- assortment of fresh vegetables, cut into matchsticks
🔪How to make Veggie Zucchini Roll-ups Appetizer
1. Begin by combining cream cheese with Litehouse Caesar dressing. Set aside in the refrigerator to allow the flavours to blend.
2. Choose a zucchini that is about 8 -10 inches (20 - 25 cm) long. Use a vegetable peeler or a mandolin to slice it lengthwise into long very thin ribbons. If the strips are too thick, they will break when you roll them. The first few strips will be too narrow for these roll-ups, so save them for a salad or some other use.
TIP: Lay the zucchini strips on paper towel and pat dry to absorb excess moisture so the Caesar-cream cheese mixture will adhere.
3. Cut the vegetables you've chosen into thin matchsticks. I use bell peppers, carrots, cucumber, green onion, red onion, sugar snap peas, lettuce leaves and fennel fronds, but you can use your own combinations, making sure you have a variety of colours to keep the roll-ups interesting.
4. Spread the Caesar-cream cheese mixture evenly but thinly on each strip. Lay the cut vegetables on top, keeping their ends even with one long edge of the zucchini strip, then roll it up.
The Caesar-cream cheese mixture acts like glue to hold the roll-ups together. You won't need a toothpick if you've sliced the strips thinly.
5. Serve with extra Caesar dressing for dipping, or refrigerate in a covered container until serving time. These zucchini roll-ups taste best soon after you've assembled them. Eat them while they're crisp and crunchy!
Possible ways to vary these raw zucchini wraps
- Use different flavoured dressings, like Blue Cheese, Ranch or your family's favourite variety.
- Keep this recipe vegan by using vegan cream cheese spread.
- Use pesto as a spread! Make this 5-Minute Basil Cashew Pesto and mix it with the cream cheese for an Italian flavoured veggie appetizer.
🗒 More ways to enjoy fresh veggies
Watch the VIDEO below to see how EASY it is to make these Fresh Veggie Zucchini Roll-Ups!
When you make this recipe, please leave a comment below. I love hearing from you! Thanks in advance! Subscribe to my newsletter and have new recipes delivered straight to your inbox!
🗒 More finger foods and party appetizers
Fresh Veggie Zucchini Roll-Ups Appetizer
- 4 oz. (½ brick) cream cheese, low-fat if desired
- 2 tablespoon Litehouse Caesar Dressing
- 1 medium zucchini, 8 - 10 inches long
- assortment of fresh vegetables, cut into matchsticks
- ½ cup Litehouse Caesar Dressing and Dip, for dipping
- Combine softened cream cheese and Litehouse Caesar dressing in a small bowl with a fork or use a small food processor to combine.
- Slice zucchini lengthwise into thin strips. Use a mandolin or a sharp vegetable peeler. Lay out on paper towel and press dry to remove excess moisture.
- Slice fresh vegetables into thin matchsticks.
- Spread the Caesar-cream cheese mixture evenly but thinly on each strip. Lay the cut vegetables on top, keeping their ends even with one long edge of the zucchini strip then roll. Roll tightly, adding an extra dab of mix to secure the end.
- Serve immediately, or chill in refrigerator until serving time. Best consumed on the same day.
This recipe was inspired by Good Housekeeping.