This recipe for Hoisin Orange Glazed Chicken Thighs makes succulent, juicy chicken with hints of orange, ginger and garlic. An easy recipe for everyone's favourite baked orange chicken.
If you're looking for a different way to cook chicken thighs, here's an easy recipe that requires only a few ingredients and is quick to prepare.
❤️Why this recipe works
This Hoisin Orange Glazed Chicken has a beautiful balance of sweet and savoury. Oranges add just the right amount of natural sweetness and acid to balance the saltiness of the hoisin sauce.
This recipe makes an easy weeknight supper. Baked orange chicken is also a great recipe for a simple dinner party, served over rice with green vegetables or a healthy salad.
You could easily double the recipe, and if you're using fresh chicken, freeze half together with the marinade to bake another day.
You will need:
- chicken thighs: bone in, skin on
- 2 oranges: one for the recipe, one for garnish
- coconut aminos: or tamari or soy sauce
- hoisin sauce: store-bought, gluten-free
- garlic, fresh ginger and honey
Easy steps to make Hoisin Orange Glazed Chicken
- Combine the sauce ingredients in a bowl or in a food processor.
- Put the chicken and the marinade in a resealable bag or marinating container and marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Place the chicken in a baking pan (save the marinade).
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Add honey to the reserved marinade and brush on the chicken.
- Bake for an additional 20 minutes.
I serve this over jasmine rice, quickly cooked in an Instant Pot, with fresh green vegetables on the side. It's an easy weeknight meal.
More healthy chicken recipes
If you liked this recipe, please leave a comment and a rating below. I'd love to hear how it turned out for you! Pin it and follow me on Pinterest for more tasty ideas. Subscribe to my weekly newsletter and never miss a recipe!
Hoisin Orange Glazed Chicken Thighs
- In a large bowl or the bowl of a food processor, combine hoisin sauce, orange zest and juice, coconut aminos OR soy sauce, garlic and ginger. Process or stir until smooth.
- Put the chicken thighs in a baking pan and pour the sauce over. Marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes or in the refrigerator for up to 4 hours. Remove from the fridge 30 minutes before cooking.
- Pour the marinade off into a jar or measuring cup. Place the chicken skin side up in a shallow baking pan. Roast at 375°F for 20 minutes. Stir the honey into the marinade and spoon it over the chicken. Continue roasting for another 20 - 30 minutes until the chicken is no longer pink inside and has reached an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Serve over cooked rice or with vegetables of your choice. Garnish with fresh orange slices.