Similar to crostini appetizers, these Whipped Feta Apple Hazelnut Canapés are crostini appetizers without the bread! Gluten-free finger food that is absolutely delicious.
Whipped Feta Apple Hazelnut Canapés: my newest gluten-free finger food creation!
No gluten? No problem! Create a tasty canapé appetizer on a slice of apple instead of a slice of baguette or cracker. Topped with whipped feta cheese, chopped, toasted hazelnuts and drizzled with honey, this delicious finger food appetizer will be appreciated by your gluten-free friends.
How to Make Whipped Feta Apple Hazelnut Canapés
- First, make the Whipped Feta Spread. Combine equal parts of feta cheese and cream cheese in a mini food processor or blender. Flavour it with a little lemon juice, lemon zest and honey.
- Next, spread this whipped feta cheese mixture on sweet apple slices, top with chopped toasted hazelnuts, and finally, drizzle with honey.
- So simple, so delicious, and best of all, gluten-free!
What kind of apple should I use?
A sweet variety is best for this appetizer so it will contrast with the salty feta cheese. Try Honeycrisp, Gala, Fuji, Pink Lady, or other sweet variety available where you live.
Finger Foods are Fun Foods
If you love making finger foods like these Apple Hazelnut Canapés, you've come to the right site, because I do too! I have several recipes for crostini appetizers and small bites. These party snack recipes might be what you're looking for!
- 20 Easy Finger Food Appetizers
- 5 Tips for Making Crostini Appetizers - Ultimate Guide
- 7 Holiday Spiced Nuts Recipes
- How to Make an Antipasto Platter
- Showstopper Tropical Fruit Nut and Cheese Platter
- Healthy Appetizers and Finger Foods Index
- Mini Cheese Balls on a Stick: Fun Finger Food
Whipped Feta Apple Hazelnut Canapés
- 2 medium apples a sweet variety
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts chopped and toasted
- 1 1/2 tbsp honey for drizzling
Whipped Feta Cheese
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 1/4 cup cream cheese regular or low-fat
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp honey
- sprigs fresh thyme
- Chop hazelnuts and toast in a dry skillet until lightly browned and fragrant. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Combine the Whipped Feta Cheese ingredients in a mini food processor or blender.
- Slice an apple into 1/4 inch thick slices. You have two choices: core the apple and cut the slices so they'll have a hole in the center like a doughnut, or slice "cookies" from the sides of the apple. To prevent browning, rub both sides of each slice with the cut side of a lemon, or toss in a ziplock bag with a teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Spread a little of the cheese mixture on each of the apple slices.
- Top with chopped toasted hazelnuts, drizzle with honey, sprinkle with a few fresh thyme leaves and serve.
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on any of the affiliate links and make a purchase within a certain time frame, I’ll receive a small commission. The commission is paid by the third party, not by you. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. It’s an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.