Avoid extra sugar and sweeten your holiday cranberry sauce with natural 0-calorie Monkfruit sweetener! This sugar-free cranberry-orange sauce is quick and easy to make. Add blueberries for more natural sweetness!
Sugar-free Cranberry-Orange Sauce, made with 0-calorie Monkfruit granulated sweetener, is ready to add to your holiday table! Ditch the canned cranberry sauce this year. Instead, consider making this homemade, sugar-free cranberry-orange sauce.
And, if you like, add a little natural sweetness and interest by tossing in blueberries as well!
Homemade Cranberry Sauce is a must for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners! It brightens up a turkey or roast chicken dinner with its vibrant ruby-red berries and sweet-tart flavour. While I usually make this Spiced Cranberry Orange Sauce with Triple Sec, this year I converted this family favourite recipe to eliminate the sugar.
This cranberry sauce without sugar just as delicious! Monkfruit sweetner is an excellent substitute for granulated sugar in most recipes. You can replace sugar with an equal amount of Monfruit sweetener in this cranberry sauce recipe. Offer to bring this to your Friendsgiving dinner this year!
Did you know that cranberries are incredibly nutritious? They're high in antioxidants, containing even more than red grapes. They're also a good source of Vitamin C and other vitamins. You can read more about the health benefits of cranberries in this article. 6 Health Benefits of Cranberries.
Gather your ingredients. Let's make a batch of this sugar-free Cranberry-Orange Sauce!
- cranberries: fresh or frozen
- sweetener: I use the Golden Lacanto Monkfruit as it's the closest in flavour to brown sugar
- orange juice: freshly squeezed, or unsweetened orange juice
- an orange: or a tangerine, for the zest
- spices: a pinch of cinnamon and half a pinch of cloves, if you'd like
- Combine the cranberries, Monkfruit sweetener and orange juice in a medium pot.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat. Simmer until the cranberries begin to pop. Add blueberries (if using), then remove from heat.
- Stir in orange zest, cinnamon and cloves.
- Cranberries contain lots of natural pectin, so this sauce will thicken as it cools.
🥶How to store sugar-free cranberry-orange sauce
This sauce can be made up to a week in advance. Store tightly covered in the refrigerator. You can also freeze cranberry sauce.
🍽 Serving suggestions
Serve this delicious homemade cranberry-orange sauce with your traditional holiday dinner! This recipe will make about two cups. Consider making extra to use in these recipes, too.
For example, use this Sugar-Free Cranberry-Orange Sauce to make:
Enjoy if for breakfast in this Cranberry Orange Breakfast Parfait.
I'd love it if you let me know how this cranberry sauce turns out for you in the comments below! If you have other ways to use your leftover sauce, I'd be happy to add them to the list.
Looking for more side dishes for holiday dinners? Check out my 20 Gluten-Free Holiday Side Dishes round-up.
Sugar-Free Cranberry Orange Sauce with Monkfruit
- Combine the cranberries, Monfruit sweetener and orange juice in a medium pot.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer until cranberries pop. Add blueberries, then remove from heat.
- Stir in zest, cinnamon and cloves.
- Cranberries contain lots of natural pectin so this sauce will thicken as it cools.
- This sauce can be made up to a week in advance. Store tightly covered in the refrigerator.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on any of the affiliate links and make a purchase within a certain time frame, I’ll receive a small commission. The third party pays the commission, not you. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. It’s an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking toAmazon.com and affiliated sites.