This low-carb Cheesy Broccoli Cauliflower Casserole with Bacon is guaranteed to be devoured! It's creamy, cheesy and full of flavour. With only 2 carbs per serving, this easy side dish is keto-friendly.
Comfort food at its best! This broccoli and cauliflower cheese casserole may not photograph well, but you won't have any leftovers when you serve it! It's warm and creamy and loaded with bacon, cheese and healthy broccoli and cauliflower.
Try it as a side for an everyday weeknight meal or even for a holiday dinner.
You won't find many other recipes for casseroles on this site. The word "casserole" brings to mind images of dishes concocted with a can of soup lovingly offered at church dinners when I was a child.
However, when it's time for quick dinners and cozy comfort food, I often turn to this broccoli and cauliflower cheese casserole. I also love making this easy layered Salsa Verde Chicken Tortilla Casserole or this oh-so-comforting Cheesy Tomato Gnocchi Bake.
I made this oven-baked dish with organic broccoli and cauliflower, hormone-free/ nitrate-free bacon, home-grown garlic and organic dairy products to keep it as "clean" as I could! I decided to share it here today with you, as it's so tasty and makes a great side dish.
Ready to get started?
- broccoli: a large crown
- cauliflower: a medium-sized head of cauliflower
- bacon: 4 slices. Hormone-free, nitrate-free bacon is available in many supermarkets.
- Parmesan cheese: Parmigiano Reggiano (the real stuff) is always best.
- cream cheese: regular or light
- garlic: 3 cloves. Again, fresh is always best!
Here's an overview of what you'll do to make this cheesy broccoli and cauliflower bake! Complete instructions are in the recipe card below.
After you've cooked the bacon, start by preparing the veggies. Cut broccoli and cauliflower into small florets, toss with a little olive oil and roast in the oven until fork-tender.
Remove the roasted veggies from the oven, let them cool a little, then pat them dry with a paper towel to remove any remaining moisture. This step is very important, so don't skip it. Soggy vegetables will result in a watery casserole that will not appeal to anyone!
Once you've patted them dry, combine the roasted veggies with a mixture of cream cheese, Parmesan cheese and minced garlic.
Spread in a baking dish and add chopped cooked bacon on top.
Smother with the remaining Parmesan cheese and either refrigerate until dinner time or bake in the oven right away.
Then scoop and enjoy all that cheesy-bacon deliciousness. Be prepared to be asked for seconds!
👍🏼 Helpful Tips
After you've roasted the broccoli and cauliflower, be sure to pat the florets dry. Too much moisture will result in a watery casserole!
Short on time? You can prepare this cheesy broccoli and cauliflower bake ahead of time, refrigerate it and pop it in the oven to bake just before dinner time.
Refrigerate leftovers in a covered container. Reheat in the oven at 350°F. for 10 - 15 minutes or until heated through.
🗒 More healthy side dish recipes
If you liked this recipe, please leave a comment and a rating below. I'd love to hear how it turned out for you! Pin it and follow me on Pinterest for more tasty ideas. Subscribe to my weekly newsletter and never miss a recipe!
Cheesy Broccoli Cauliflower Casserole with Bacon
- 4 slices bacon, nitrate-free
- 1 large crown broccoli
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, extra virgin
- ½ teaspoon sea salt Himalayan
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, coarsely grated, divided
- ⅔ cup cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly oil and 8 x 8 inch baking dish.
- Cook bacon (see instructions for cooking bacon in the oven here) until crispy. Drain on paper towel and set aside.
- Cut broccoli and cauliflower into small florets. Transfer to a large bowl and toss with olive oil and sea salt. Spread out on a baking sheet and roast in oven for 10 minutes or until cauliflower is almost fork tender.
- Remove from oven and drain on paper towel, pressing lightly with another sheet on top to remove as much excess moisture as possible. This step is important to prevent the casserole from being watery.
- Mix the softened cream cheese with the minced garlic and ½ cup Parmesan cheese. If it's not soft enough, melt it slightly in a microwave for 30 seconds.
- Add the roasted broccoli and cauliflower to the bowl and stir to combine. Chop the bacon slices into small pieces and add to the mixture.
- Press firmly into the prepared baking dish and sprinkle with the remaining ½ cup of Parmesan cheese. At this point you can cover and refrigerate until you're ready to bake, or bake right away at 400°F. for 18 - 20 minutes or until cheese has melted and casserole is beginning to brown.