Avocado Feta Dip with Basil is a Mediterranean flavoured version of traditional guacamole! A delicious dip made with avocado, feta and basil. Serve with crudites, crackers or chips at your next party.
Avocado Feta Dip with Basil is "Guac with a twist" according to my hubby! And that pretty much describes it perfectly.
While this party dip has some of the ingredients of traditional guacamole: avocado, garlic, jalapeño and lemon, it also has fabulous Greek flavours. Adding in feta cheese, basil, oregano and thyme gives this dip a Mediterranean flair.
Perfect for serving with pita chips, toasted flatbread and fresh vegetables!
No avocado on hand? Try this Herbed Feta Dip with Lemon instead. Just as tasty, just as delicious.
And here's another plus: no cilantro! While I love cilantro and include it in many of my recipes, like my Quick Chunky Guacamole and these Six Fresh Salsa Recipes, this Avocado Feta Dip has none. So if your guests are not fans of cilantro, this may be the ideal dip for them!
While I'm a firm believer that guacamole should be included on every party menu, it's fun to change it up once in a while. Adding Greek flavours to authentic guacamole gives an element of surprise with every dip!
Here's your shopping list to make this healthy party appetizer. This recipe will make about one cup of dip. If you're serving a larger group, double the recipe.
Ingredients for Avocado Feta Dip
- feta cheese
- jalapeño pepper
- lemon juice
- fresh herbs: basil, oregano and thyme
So simple! Add all ingredients to a food processor, then process until fairly smooth and serve!
This avocado dip is delicious with
- pita chips
- gluten-free toasted flatbread
- tortilla chips
- bell pepper strips
- kohlrabi sticks
- or other fresh veggies like broccoli and cauliflower florets.
Make this appetizer dip part of a Mediterranean meal!
Choose from these Greek-inspired recipes:
- Greek Lemon Chicken Kabobs with Tzatziki
- Marinated Lemon Chicken Greek Salad with Mint
- Skinny Greek Chicken Bowl with Watermelon and Feta
If you're not serving this dip right away, cover it with plastic film and refrigerate. Garnish with feta cheese crumbles, chopped red onion, or fresh basil leaves. Then dig in and dip away!
Avocado Feta Dip with Basil
- 1 large avocado
- ¼ cup feta cheese
- 1 clove garlic
- 1.5 teaspoon jalapeño pepper minced
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed from one lemon
- ⅓ cup mixed herbs, basil, oregano, thyme
- salt and pepper, to taste
- feta cheese crumbles, for garnish
- 1 tablespoon red onion, finely chopped for garnish
- Combine all ingredients except garnish in a food processor.
- Blend until well combined and almost smooth.
- Garnish with a few feta cheese crumbles, finely chopped red onion or chopped fresh herbs. Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on any of the affiliate links and make a purchase within a certain time frame, I’ll receive a small commission. The commission is paid by the third party, not by you. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. It’s an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.