Juicy Low-Carb Greek Lemon Chicken Kabobs make an easy, flavourful meal-on-a-stick! Serve with homemade Tzatziki Sauce. Keto.
Summertime is grilling time! Food tastes so much better when eaten outdoors, don't you think? These Greek Lemon Chicken Kabobs made an ideal outdoor dinner-on-the-deck recently. They made us reminisce about sultry nights in Athens years ago. Life was laid-back and easy and required nothing more than relaxing in outdoor cafés, eating gyros and souvlaki on the street, and sipping retsina in cozy corners.
Isn't it amazing that smells and tastes can trigger memories so strong it feels like you’ve been transported back in time? Sometimes when something is simmering on the stove or baking in the oven, long forgotten memories come flooding back.
In this case, fresh oregano, pungent lemons and succulent chicken skewers sizzling on the grill evoked memories of warm nights in rustic Greek tavernas.
I make these Grilled Turmeric Chicken Kabobs frequently using chicken thighs. I used boneless skinless thighs in this Greek Lemon Chicken Kabobs recipe too, as they're so dependable on the grill. Unlike chicken breasts, it's actually hard to overcook thighs.
I marinated these low-carb chicken kabobs with lemon and herbs, skewered and grilled them. We had them with homemade Tzatziki sauce, which we have proceeded to devour on everything since!
THESE GREEK LEMON CHICKEN KABOBS ARE QUICK AND EASY
- First, whisk the marinade ingredients together. Pour it over the chicken and let it marinate while you prepare the tzatziki sauce.
- If using wooden skewers, place them in water to soak.
- Prepare other vegetable skewers like tomatoes, peppers and onions and place them on their own skewers.
- While skewers of meat alternated with vegetables look visually appealing, in reality, they rarely cook evenly. Sometimes the unfortunate results is raw meat and overcooked, charred vegetables. If you separate the meat from the veggies, you'll be able to control their cooking time and have perfectly cooked kabobs.
CAN I FREEZE THESE KETO GREEK LEMON CHICKEN KABOBS?
This is a great recipe to make ahead of time. Add the marinade to the chicken, package for the freezer and freeze. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight, then grill or bake in the oven.
Greek Lemon Chicken Kabobs with Tzatziki (Keto)
Greek Lemon Chicken Kabobs
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into approximately 1 inch chunks
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 cup peeled and finely diced cucumber
- 1 1/2 cups plain Greek yogurt very firm
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
Greek Lemon Chicken Kabobs
- In a large bowl, whisk together the marinade ingredients, then add the chicken and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 45 minutes to 4 hours or even overnight.
- Thread the chicken on to skewers..
- Heat the grill to medium high heat and oil the grates. Grill the chicken for 4-5 minutes per side or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink inside.
- Peel the cucumber and remove the seeds with a spoon. Finely dice the cucumber. Pat dry with paper towel or a clean cloth to remove as much moisture as you can so that the sauce isn't runny.
- In a medium bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and whisk together.
- Add the cucumber and refrigerate until ready to serve. Garnish with a sprinkle of fresh dill, if desired.
Nutrition calculations do not include the Tzatziki Sauce as you'll have more than you need. Use the leftovers as a dip, a dressing, or a topping for baked potatoes. It's great on grilled fish or other meats, too.
Thanks for joining me around our table!
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPES FOR CHICKEN SKEWERS OR CHICKEN KABOBS?
- Grilled Rosemary Mustard Chicken Kabobs
- Easy Thai Chicken Skewers
- Thai Grilled Turmeric Chicken Kabobs
- Ginger-Garlic Glazed Korean Chicken Skewers
- Japanese Chicken Yakitori Skewers
KITCHEN ITEMS I RECOMMEND TO MAKE THESE LOW-CARB CHICKEN SKEWERS
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on any of the affiliate links and make a purchase within a certain time frame, I’ll receive a small commission. The commission is paid by the third party, not by you. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. It’s an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.