Sweet red onions and a flavourful Thai dressing turn plain cucumbers into something fancy. This Cucumber Mint Salad is ready in less than 10 minutes!
This Cucumber Mint Salad is quick and easy to make! Fresh and crispy with slightly spicy Thai flavours, this recipe is a great way to showcase cucumbers at any time of year.
All you’ll need to make this crunchy refreshing cucumber salad are:
- a cucumber (Long English)
- red onion
- fresh mint leaves
To make the spicy Thai dressing, you’ll need
- rice wine vinegar
- sesame oil
- olive oil
- Thai chili sauce
Then, just toss thinly sliced cucumbers and sweet red onions with mint leaves and this spicy Asian dressing to make a side salad with a difference.
Today I went out to the garden to check how it survived the winter, as mild as it was. My mint plant is sprouting like crazy! I decided to celebrate by making this fresh and crispy Cucumber Mint Salad.
While I like winter salads with citrus or winter veggies, this one with fresh mint just screams, “Spring!” It’s cool, crunchy and refreshing. Adding sweet red onions and a flavourful Thai dressing turned plain cucumbers into something fancy-schmanzy, all in less than 10 minutes.
I used my spiralizer to slice the cucumber thinly and then snipped it into bite-sized pieces. A Mandoline Slicer or a very sharp knife would work well too.
Spring is definitely around the corner. I’m thinking about hauling out that deck furniture soon . . . Mojito, anyone?
I’ll bring the mint.
Cucumber Mint Salad with Red Onion
- 1 large long English cucumber
- 1/2 small red onion
- 1 small handful fresh mint leaves
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp Thai Chili sauce OR a generous splash of fish sauce
- Slice the cucumber and the red onion very thinly, using either a very sharp knife or a Mandoline Slicer or even a Spiral Vegetable Slicer
- Place in a salad bowl with the mint leaves.
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients and toss together just before serving.
Looking for more cucumber salad ideas? Try these:
- Kiwi Cucumber Salad with Walnuts and Fresh Mint
- Strawberry Cucumber Salad with Creamy Lemon Dressing
- Melon Cucumber Salad with Creamy Greek Yogurt Dressing
- You might also like this Asian Pear Slaw with Ginger and Lime
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on any of the affiliate links and make a purchase within a certain time frame, I’ll receive a small commission. The commission is paid by the third party, not by you. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. It’s an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.