A rich and creamy no-bake dessert mousse, made with canned pumpkin, Greek yogurt, and sweetened with maple syrup. Top with whipped cream and caramel sauce for a special fall dessert.
There was a nip in the air on my early morning walk today that told me it's time for all things fall! This Greek Yogurt Pumpkin Cheesecake Mousse is not a typical dessert in our home, but sometimes a special dessert is warranted. And what better way to celebrate the beginning of fall than with pumpkin!
While this pumpkin cheesecake mousse is not low in calories, it's low in effort. It's an easy no-bake, whip-it-up dessert that can be made well ahead of time if you're having friends over.
It's creamy, fluffy and just lightly flavoured with pumpkin. If you're not a fan of pumpkin pie, this pumpkin dessert is a perfect alternative for you. And being gluten-free makes it even more appealing!
Here's what you'll need for this no-bake dessert.
Ingredients for Pumpkin Cheesecake Mousse
- cream cheese: I used reduced fat, but full-fat will work well, too.
- maple syrup: pure
- spices: cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves
- canned pumpkin: not pumpkin pie filling
- Greek yogurt
- whipping cream: aka heavy cream
- powdered sugar: aka icing sugar
- caramel sauce: optional
This gluten-free, dairy-free Pumpkin Cheesecake Mousse is easy to make!
Just whip ingredients together, whip the cream separately, fold the two together and spoon into dessert glasses. Just before serving, add a dollop of whipped cream and a drizzle of homemade caramel sauce, or just crumble some gluten-free ginger snap crumbs on top. So good!
While it's a little sad to see the days getting shorter, petunia baskets fading, and the leaves beginning to turn, apples, hearty soups, chili, and oven-roasted dinners are on my mind now! Cheers! Here's to Fall!
Greek Yogurt Pumpkin Cheesecake Mousse
- 8 oz reduced fat cream cheese at room temperature
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ tsp each cinnamon and nutmeg
- ¼ tsp each ground ginger and ground cloves
- ¾ cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 ½ cups whipping cream (heavy cream)
- 2 tbsp icing sugar (to sweeten whipping cream)
- ¼ cup caramel sauce, optional
- Cut cream cheese into cubes, then add to a mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat until smooth. Add maple syrup, spices, pumpkin and Greek yogurt and continue beating until well blended and no lumps remain.
- In a separate bowl with clean beaters, beat whipping cream until stiff peaks form. 1 ½ cups of whipping cream will yield up to 3 cups of whipped cream. Set aside 1 cup for garnishing finished desserts. Fold the remaining 2 cups into the pumpkin mixture.
- Divide among 8 dessert dishes. Chill until set. Just before serving, add a dollop of whipped cream and a drizzle of caramel sauce, if desired.
Wondering what to make with that little bit of leftover pumpkin?
Creamy Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats
or try this Pumpkin Pecan Caramel Coffee Cake
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on any of the affiliate links and make a purchase within a certain time frame, I’ll receive a small commission. The commission is paid by the third party, not by you. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.