Gingerbread spiced nuts, flavoured with gingerbread spice, coconut sugar, paprika and pepper are sweet and spicy! These mixed party nuts make a simple appetizer or hostess gift. Perfect for snacking on at holiday parties!
❤️ Why you'll love this recipe
- Gingerbread Spiced Nuts--they're sweet and spicy, all at the same time! And what could be a more appropriate flavour for a winter holiday party snack than gingerbread spice?
- Spiced nuts mixes are always popular at holiday time. They're an ideal snack to serve your friends while you're putting the finishing touches on your dinner. They also make a perfect hostess or neighbour gift when wrapped in a small package and tied with a ribbon.
- Five minutes to mix and twenty minutes to bake! You can have a batch of gingerbread spiced nuts ready for your family and friends to devour in less than half an hour.
I have several spiced nuts recipes that I love to make. If you're looking for more recipe ideas for holiday nut mixes, I've rounded up some of them in 7 Holiday Spiced Nuts Recipes.
Ready to whip up a holiday nut mix? Gather your ingredients.
- an egg white: to help the spices stick to the nuts
- coconut sugar: has hints of caramel flavour which goes well with gingerbread. It has a lower glycemic index than granulated sugar, so it is less likely to cause spikes in your blood glucose and insulin. You can substitute brown sugar, if you'd like.
- gingerbread spice: see my recipe below
- sea salt
- pepper: freshly ground
- paprika: for a hint of heat
- mixed unsalted nuts: any type will work
How to make Gingerbread Spice Mix
Combine 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, 2 teaspoons ground ginger, 2 teaspoons ground allspice, ½ teaspoon ground cloves and ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg. Store in a small jar. You'll need 2 teaspoons of this mix for this recipe for party nuts.
Use this mix to make these sweet 'n spicy nuts, then use the leftover mix to some of these yummy recipes!
- Gingerbread Ice Cream Parfait: rich, decadent and absolutely delicious!
- Healthy Chia Gingerbread Smoothie: perfect for Christmas morning!
- Traditional and Reliable Gingerbread Cut-Out Cookies: our family's favourite recipe for gingerbread people
- 30-Minute Gingerbread Spiced Granola: a healthy way to start those chilly winter mornings.
Here's a quick overview of what you'll do. Detailed instructions are in the recipe card below.
- Begin by whisking the egg white until very frothy. Next, add gingerbread spice, coconut sugar, salt, paprika and pepper, stirring until smooth.
- Add the nuts to the spice mixture and toss until very well coated.
- Spread out on a lined baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, stirring half way through.
- Remove from the oven and let cool before serving or packaging these party nuts as edible gifts. It's hard not to sneak a few!
How long will these gingerbread spiced nuts keep?
When stored in an airtight container, these nuts will stay fresh for 2 to 3 weeks.
Love gingerbread flavours? Check these 6 Easy Gingerbread Recipes for more inspiration!
More recipes for nut and party mixes
When you make these gingerbread nuts, please leave a comment and a rating below. Thanks in advance! Subscribe to my weekly newsletter and have new recipes delivered straight to your inbox.
This recipe was originally published in 2019. It has been updated with new information. The recipe remains the same.
Sweet and Spicy Gingerbread Spiced Nuts
- 1 large egg white thoroughly whisked
- ¼ cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon gingerbread spice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon pepper freshly ground
- 2 ½ cups mixed nuts
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg white until very frothy, then add gingerbread spice, coconut sugar, salt, paprika and pepper, stirring until smooth.
- Add nuts and toss until well coated. Spread on a parchment paper-lined rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, stirring part way through. Nuts should be slightly sticky. Remove from oven and let cool before serving or packaging for gifts.
Super delicious! Love those flavours. I make a big batch of these and store them in a glass jar for healthy snacking.
Flavour & Savour
Great idea! Thanks for commenting and rating my recipe! Much appreciated.