Gingerbread spiced nuts, flavoured with gingerbread spice, coconut sugar, paprika and pepper are sweet and spicy! These mixed party nuts make a simple appetizer or hostess gift.
Gingerbread Spiced Nuts--they're sweet and spicy, all at the same time! And what could be a more appropriate flavour for a holiday party snack than gingerbread spice?
Spiced nuts mixes are always popular at holiday time. They're an ideal snack to serve your friends while you're putting the finishing touches on your dinner. They also make a perfect hostess or neighbour gift when wrapped in a small package and tied with a ribbon.
I have several spiced nuts recipes that I love to make. If you're looking for more recipe ideas for holiday nut mixes, I've rounded up some of them in 7 Holiday Spiced Nuts Recipes.
Five minutes to mix and twenty minutes to bake! You can have a batch of gingerbread spiced nuts ready for your family and friends to devour in less than half an hour.
Ready to whip up a holiday nut mix? Gather your ingredients.
Ingredients for Gingerbread Spiced Nuts
- an egg white: to help the spices stick to the nuts
- coconut sugar: has hints of caramel flavour which goes well with gingerbread. It has a lower glycemic index than granulated sugar, so it is less likely to cause spikes in your blood glucose and insulin. You can substitute brown sugar, if you'd like.
- gingerbread spice: see my recipe below
- kosher salt
- pepper: freshly ground
- paprika: for a hint of heat
- mixed unsalted nuts: any type will work
Gingerbread Spice Mix Recipe
Combine 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, 2 teaspoons ground ginger, 2 teaspoons ground allspice, 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves and 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg. Store in a small jar. You'll need 2 teaspoons of this mix for this recipe for party nuts.
Use this mix to make these sweet 'n spicy nuts, then use the leftover mix to some of these yummy recipes!
- Gingerbread Ice Cream Parfait: rich, decadent and absolutely delicious!
- Healthy Chia Gingerbread Smoothie: perfect for Christmas morning!
- Traditional and Reliable Gingerbread Cut-Out Cookies: our family's favourite recipe for gingerbread people
- 30-Minute Gingerbread Spiced Granola: a healthy way to start those chilly winter mornings.
How to Make Gingerbread Spiced Nuts
Here's a quick overview of what you'll do. Detailed instructions are in the recipe card below.
- Begin by whisking the egg white until very frothy. Next, add gingerbread spice, coconut sugar, salt, paprika and pepper, stirring until smooth.
- Add the nuts to the spice mixture and toss until very well coated.
- Spread out on a lined baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, stirring half way through.
- Remove from the oven and let cool before serving or packaging these party nuts as edible gifts. It's hard not to sneak a few!
How long will these Party Nuts last?
When stored in an airtight container, these nuts will stay fresh for 2 to 3 weeks.
Sweet and Spicy Gingerbread Spiced Nuts
- sheet pan
- small bowl
- 1 large egg white thoroughly whisked
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 2 tsp gingerbread spice
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp pepper freshly ground
- 2 1/2 cups mixed nuts
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg white until very frothy, then add gingerbread spice, coconut sugar, salt, paprika and pepper, stirring until smooth.
- Add nuts and toss until well coated. Spread on a parchment paper-lined rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, stirring part way through. Nuts should be slightly sticky. Remove from oven and let cool before serving or packaging for gifts.
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on any of the affiliate links and make a purchase within a certain time frame, I’ll receive a small commission. The third party pays the commission, not you. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. It’s an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.