Sweet, crunchy Caramel Spiced Pecans tossed with caramel sauce with a chili powder kick make a great salad topper or party snack.
Here's a quick and easy recipe for a holiday treat: Caramel Spiced Pecans!
Ready in 20 minutes, they're great for pre- or post- dinner snacking. Looking for a hostess gift? These spiced nuts would be perfect for gift giving, too, wrapped in small boxes or bags. They're sweet and just a little spicy, all at the same time.
These caramel spiced pecans are simple to make.
Combine pecans and caramel sauce, then add a dusting of chili powder and a little salt and pepper. Stir well, then bake in the oven until browned. Delicious!
If you want to make your own caramel sauce (it's easy), this post Salted Caramel Sauce - Two Ways includes instructions for making both classic and paleo caramel sauce. I make a batch, pour it into 1/2 cup Mason jars, and store it in the fridge or freezer.
Then, when I want to make a recipe like these Caramel Spiced Pecans, Pumpkin Pecan Caramel Coffee Cake or Pumpkin Cheesecake Mousse , it's ready and waiting for me. However, you can use your favourite store-bought caramel sauce in this recipe, too.
Serving ideas for spiced pecans
I love adding these spiced nuts to salads.
These Caramel Spiced Pecans are a perfect topping for my Butternut Squash Salad with Cranberries and Feta. They add warm fall flavours and a sweet 'n spicy crunch!
These nuts are also great as a party snack!
20 minute Caramel Spiced Pecans
- 2 cups pecans
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp each salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Oil a baking sheet or line with parchment paper.
- Combine pecans and caramel sauce. Add chili powder, salt and pepper and stir until well combined.
- Transfer to baking sheet. Bake at 325°F. for about 15 - 18 minutes, stirring occasionally. Watch carefully to prevent burning. Remove from oven, cool, then break apart. Store in an airtight container or package for holiday gift giving.
Love spiced nuts? Try these recipes, too.
- Sweet and Spicy Rosemary Nuts
- Sweet and Spicy Pretzel Nut Snack Mix
- Low-Carb Roasted Pumpkin Spice Pecans
- Espresso Glazed Holiday Nut Mix
- Easy Chipotle Spiced Pumpkin Seeds
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on any of the affiliate links and make a purchase within a certain time frame, I’ll receive a small commission. The commission is paid by the third party, not by you. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.