Sweet, crunchy Caramel Spiced Pecans tossed with caramel sauce with a chili powder kick make a great salad topper or party snack. Candied pecans also make a welcome hostess gift for the holidays.
Here's a quick and easy recipe for a holiday treat: Caramel Spiced Pecans!
Ready in 20 minutes, they make great cocktail snacks. Looking for a hostess gift? These spiced nuts would be perfect for gift giving, too, wrapped in small boxes or bags.
They're delicious as salad toppers too, adding interest, flavour and texture to a simple salad.
Candied pecans are sweet and just a little spicy, all at the same time.
A short list of ingredients to make these spiced nuts!
- pecans: whole pecans are best, and they'll usually be fresher than pecan pieces.
- caramel sauce: use this homemade caramel sauce recipe or store-bought caramel sauce
- chili powder: just a little to give these spiced nuts a little kick!
- sea salt and pepper
See the recipe card below for complete printable instructions with recipe amounts for these candied pecans.
Combine pecans and caramel sauce, then add a dusting of chili powder and a little salt and pepper. Stir well, then bake in the oven until browned. Delicious!
👍🏼 Helpful Tips
If you want to make your own caramel sauce (it's easy), this post Salted Caramel Sauce includes instructions for making both classic and paleo caramel sauce. I make a batch, pour it into ½ cup Mason jars, and store it in the fridge or freezer.
Then, when I want to make a recipe like these Caramel Spiced Pecans, Pumpkin Pecan Caramel Coffee Cake or Pumpkin Cheesecake Mousse , it's ready and waiting for me. However, you can use your favourite store-bought caramel sauce in this recipe, too.
Frequently asked questions
Caramel pecans will last for at least two weeks or more in an airtight container. I like to store them in the fridge if they're made with homemade caramel sauce.
Yes, spice nuts freeze well for up to 3 months in an airtight container.
🍽 Serving ideas for spiced pecans
🗒 More easy recipes for nut mixes
- 7 Holiday Spiced Nuts Recipes
- Sweet and Spicy Rosemary Nuts
- Sweet and Spicy Pretzel Nut Snack Mix
- Low-Carb Roasted Pumpkin Spice Pecans
- Espresso Glazed Holiday Nut Mix
- Easy Chipotle Spiced Pumpkin Seeds
When you make these caramel spiced pecans, please leave a comment and a star rating. I love hearing when you've made one of my recipes. Thanks in advance. Subscribe to my newsletter and have new recipes delivered straight to your inbox once a week.
20 minute Caramel Spiced Pecans
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Oil a baking sheet or line with parchment paper.
- In a medium bow, combine pecans and caramel sauce. Add chili powder, sea salt and pepper and stir until well combined.
- Transfer to a baking sheet lined with a silicone liner or parchment paper. Bake at 325°F. for about 15 - 18 minutes, stirring occasionally. Watch carefully to prevent burning. The pecans will be browned on top and caramelize on the bottom.
- Remove from the oven, cool, then break apart. Store in an airtight container or package attractively for holiday gift giving.