Sweet, spicy and smoky, these Chipotle Honey-Mustard Glazed Chicken Wings are always popular. Watch them disappear quickly!
If you love hot wings, you'll love these Chipotle Honey-Mustard Glazed Chicken Wings! They're smoky, they're sweet and they're a little spicy, too.
While grocery shopping in Hawaii recently, we picked up a bottle of El Diablo Chipotle Mustard, just because it sounded interesting. After one taste, we slathered it on pretty much everything except our morning smoothies. Once back home, I discovered that Amazon doesn't ship this mustard to Canada, so I decided to recreate that chipotle-mustard hot and spicy yumminess myself.
These Chipotle Honey-Mustard Glazed Chicken Wings were the result!
First, I created a simple spice rub of coriander, cumin, smoked paprika, salt and pepper to toss the wings. I baked them in the oven for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, I made a glaze by combining honey, Dijon mustard, and canned chipotle chilis in adobo sauce with a little oil. I basted the hot wings with this glaze, and returned them to the oven to finish cooking. Once they were beautifully glazed, I sprinkled them with sesame seeds and finely chopped scallions and served them with extra glaze for dipping.
And they were a hit with everyone--right out of the ball park! Sweet and spicy with just the right amount of heat and that divine smoky flavour from the chipotle and the smoked paprika.
These Chipotle Honey-Mustard Glazed Chicken Wings are easy to make.
- Toss the wings with the spice rub, bake for 10 min, then baste with the sauce.
- Ten more minutes in the oven, then baste once more and finish cooking.
- Save half the sauce for extra dipping. Serve warm . . . but they're equally as good cold.
These hot wings are lick-your-fingers-delicious! I hope you like them as much as we do.
I've adapted this recipe to use with chicken thighs, too. If you're a fan of that smoky chipotle flavour, you'll probably like these Smoky Chipotle Honey-Mustard Glazed Chicken Thighs and my Easy Chipotle Peach Glazed Chicken, too.
And if you're looking for more chicken wing ideas, here are recipes for Five Fast and Fabulous Wings.
Chipotle Honey-Mustard Glazed Chicken Wings
- 3 lbs fresh chicken wings split, tips removed
- 1 cup honey
- 3 tablespoon canned chipotle chiles in adobo puréed
- 2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoon olive oil extra-virgin
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375F or grill to medium-high.
- Rinse chicken wings and pat dry.
- Whisk together honey, chipotles, mustard and 2 Tbsp. oil in a small bowl. Divide this glaze mixture in half, setting aside half to toss the wings after they are cooked.
- Mix coriander, cumin, and paprika and the remaining 2 Tbsp. oil in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the wings to this large bowl and toss to coat.
- Place on baking sheet in oven or on grill for about 10 minutes. Brush with the honey-chipotle glaze and continue cooking for another 10 min. Flip and baste again and bake or grill until cooked through, about 10 min.
- Remove from oven or grill and toss with the remaining honey-chipotle glaze. Garnish with green onions and/or sesame seeds and serve immediately.
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on any of the affiliate links and make a purchase within a certain time frame, I’ll receive a small commission. The commission is paid by the third party, not by you. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.