Sweet, spicy and smoky, these Chipotle Honey-Mustard Glazed Chicken Wings are always popular and they disappear quickly!
If you love hot wings, you’ll love these Chipotle Honey-Mustard Glazed Chicken Wings! They’re smoky, they’re sweet and they’re a little spicy, too.
While grocery shopping in Hawaii recently, we picked up a bottle of El Diablo Chipotle Mustard, just because it sounded interesting. After one taste, we slathered it on pretty much everything except our morning smoothies. Once back home, I discovered that Amazon doesn’t ship this mustard to Canada, so I decided to recreate that chipotle-mustard hot and spicy yumminess myself.
These Chipotle Honey-Mustard Glazed Chicken Wings were the result!
And they were a hit with everyone–right out of the ball park! Sweet and spicy with just the right amount of heat and that divine smoky flavour from the chipotle and the smoked paprika.
These Chipotle Honey-Mustard Glazed Chicken Wings are easy to make.
- Toss the wings with the spice rub, bake for 10 min, then baste with the sauce.
- Ten more minutes in the oven, then baste once more and finish cooking.
- Save half the sauce for extra dipping. Serve warm . . . but they’re equally as good cold.
I hope you like them as much as we do!
I’ve adapted this recipe to use with chicken thighs too. If you’re a fan of that smoky chipotle flavour, you’ll probably like these Smoky Chipotle Honey-Mustard Glazed Chicken Thighs and my Easy Chipotle Peach Glazed Chicken, too.
- 3 lbs fresh chicken wings, split, tips removed
- 1 cup honey
- 3 tbsp puréed canned chipotle chiles in adobo
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- For the garnish:
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 375F or grill to medium-high.
- Rinse chicken wings and pat dry.
- Whisk together honey, chipotles, mustard and 2 Tbsp. oil in a small bowl. Divide this glaze mixture in half, setting aside half to toss the wings after they are cooked.
- Mix coriander, cumin, and paprika and the remaining 2 Tbsp. oil in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the wings to this large bowl and toss to coat.
- Place on baking sheet in oven or on grill for about 10 minutes. Brush with the honey-chipotle glaze and continue cooking for another 10 min. Flip and baste again and bake or grill until cooked through, about 10 min.
- Remove from oven or grill and toss with the remaining honey-chipotle glaze. Garnish with green onions and/or sesame seeds and serve immediately.
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on any of the affiliate links and make a purchase within a certain time frame, I’ll receive a small commission. The commission is paid by the third party, not by you. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.