Need a celebratory white wine sangria? Enjoy the season's citrus fruits with this Citrus Sangria with Triple Sec.
This Citrus Sangria with Triple Sec is bursting with the bright sunshiny flavours of oranges, lemons and limes.
In the middle of winter, I crave sunshine and bright coloured fruits and vegetables. Now that specialty citrus produce like Cara Cara oranges, Meyer Lemons, Blood oranges and limes are readily available, I decided to take advantage of this season and showcase them in this honey-sweetened white wine sangria.
This Citrus Sangria has no refined sugar!
No sugar! While a traditional sangria recipe relies on sugar syrup to sweeten it, I found that honey works just as well as a refined-sugar syrup in this recipe.
Start by squeezing some fresh oranges into a large pitcher. Stir in a little honey and Triple Sec, then add a bottle of fruity white wine and sliced fruit. Let it chill for at least an hour, or even overnight to allow the flavours to develop.
When you're ready to serve it, add a little sparkling water and garnish with a slice of orange, lemon or lime.
Who needs to wait for summer to enjoy sangria? Not me! I love it at any time of year.
This Red Wine Citrus Pomegranate Sangria is perfect for winter months, Cranberry Apple Cider Sangria is a great way to welcome fall and Peach Sangria or Grilled Pineapple Strawberry Sangria are both perfect choices for those hot summer nights.
Citrus Sangria with Triple Sec
- 2 cups freshly squeezed orange juice, use Cara Cara oranges if available
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup Triple Sec
- 1 750 ml bottle white wine fruity
- sparkling water
- sliced citrus fruit, 1 blood orange, 1 lime, 1 lemon, 1 orange
- Squeeze the oranges and whisk in the honey.
- Add the Triple Sec and stir.
- Add 1 bottle fruity white wine, such as Gewurtzraminer.
- Pour in the wine.
- Add the half-moon slices of citrus fruit.
- Chill for 2 hours to allow flavours to blend.
- Serve, topping off each glass with a little sparkling water, if desired.