This Citrus Sangria with Triple Sec is bursting with the bright sunshiny flavours of oranges, lemons and limes. Now that specialty citrus produce like Cara Cara oranges, Meyer Lemons, Blood oranges and limes are readily available, I decided to take advantage of this season and showcase them in this honey-sweetened sangria.
No sugar! I found that honey works just as well as a refined-sugar syrup in this recipe. I simply squeezed some fresh oranges, stirred in some honey and Triple Sec, added some white wine, sliced fruit, and chilled it for an hour. When it was ready to serve, I added a little sparkling water. Cheers!
Who needs to wait for summer to enjoy sangria? Not me! I love it at any time of year. This Citrus Pomegranate Sangria is perfect for winter months, Cranberry Apple Cider Sangria welcomes fall and I love this Peach Sangria on a hot summer night.
This white wine Citrus Sangria is fresh and fruity and makes use of specialty citrus produce such as Cara Cara oranges, blood oranges and Meyer lemons.
- 2 cups freshly squeezed orange juice, use Cara Cara oranges if available
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup Triple Sec
- 1 bottle fruity white wine
- sparkling water
- sliced citrus fruit: 1 blood orange, 1 lime, 1 lemon, 1 orange
- Squeeze the oranges and whisk in the honey.
- Add the Triple Sec and stir.
- Add 1 bottle fruity white wine, such as Gewurtzraminer.
- Pour in the wine.
- Add the half-moon slices of citrus fruit.
- Chill for 2 hours to allow flavours to blend.
- Serve, topping off each glass with a little sparkling water, if desired.