Make ahead and freeze this easy Strawberry Watermelon Sangria Slushie. Icy watermelon and sweet strawberries blended with your favourite white wine make a frosty sangria for a summer day!
Strawberry Watermelon Sangria Slushie is on the menu today, ready for Canada Day and Fourth of July celebrations or simply for a hot summer day! Springtime brought this Grilled Pineapple Strawberry Sangria to the blog, but with summer weather here, it's time for something cold and frosty.
Celebrate with a bright red frosty sangria slushie!
This white wine frozen strawberry sangria would be perfect to serve at your next small gathering with friends. It's quick and simple and oh-so-good!
❤️Why you'll love this recipe
- It's a great way to use leftover watermelon!
- It takes only 5 minutes to make!
- The combination of strawberry and watermelon is SOOO refreshing!
Here's your short list of ingredients:
watermelon cubes: freeze ahead
strawberries: wash, hull and freeze ahead of time
orange liqueur: your favourite type, like Triple Sec, Gran Marnier or Contreau
white wine: any fruity white wine
sweetener: adds a little sweetener if your fruit isn't sweet enough. You could use honey or keep it vegan by using sugar or Monkfruit sweetener.
Blend frozen strawberries and watermelon cubes with white wine, Triple Sec and a little honey to add natural sweetness if your fruit is not quite ripe.
Garnish glasses of this frozen sangria with a fresh strawberry or a wedge of watermelon and serve to your appreciative friends!
❓What type of white wine should I use?
I make this summer sangria with Sauvignon Blanc or Pino Grigio, but any fruity white wine will be fine.
Look for a dry, unoaked crisp white wine. You don't need an expensive wine to make this sangria slushie, as you'll be adding lots of fruit to it. However, you'll want to choose a wine that you'd like to drink on its own!
How to Store Frozen Sangria
Store leftover slushie in a sealed container in the freezer for another day. Thaw slightly, then spoon into serving glasses.
- Freeze organic strawberries and watermelon chunks when they are in season, so you'll have the ingredients ready to make this frozen sangria at any time of year!
- Adding alcohol to frozen fruit keeps the mixture from freezing solid and leaves it in a slushie state. You can easily scoop it up and serve it in glasses. Add a spoon so you can scoop up all that boozy slush!
- This sangria slushie recipe is a great way to use leftover wine!
🍽What to serve with a sangria slushie
When you make this strawberry white wine sangria slushie recipe, please leave a comment and a star rating below. I love hearing when you've made one of my recipes. Thanks in advance! Subscribe to my newsletter and have new recipes delivered straight to your inbox.
🗒 More Refreshing Drink Recipes
Strawberry Watermelon Sangria Slushie
- 2 cups frozen watermelon cubes
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- ¼ cup Triple Sec, Contreau or other orange liqueur
- ½ bottle white wine (375 ml)
- 2 tablespoon sweetener, sugar or Monkfruit
- Put all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into glasses, garnish with a strawberry or a slice of watermelon and serve.
- Freeze leftover slushie in a sealed container.