The easiest (and the best) Peach Sangria recipe ever.
Can it really be true? Am I really not returning to work this year?
The day after Labour Day has always been The Day We Go Back To School. Even before I became I teacher, I was either returning to University or packing lunches and backpacks for my kids’ first day of school. Labour Day weekend was spent organizing school supplies, preparing freezer meals for inevitably busy nights ahead, laying out clothes for The Big Day and stressing!. I viewed the first day of school as the beginning of a roller coaster ride, a crazy ride that really wouldn’t end until the final day of June.
Not this year. My life has taken a new direction and it’s time to celebrate new beginnings. Could there be a better way to toast this new life than with this Peach Sangria? Apparently not, because I did it twice.
That’s how good this easy, not-too-sweet Sangria really is. Dice some fresh peaches, soak them in Triple Sec and lemon juice, top with ice and Prosecco and serve. Listen . . . hear the phshhhhh of the bottle as its opened? Wait for the glug-glug-glug . . . Cheers!
- ¼ cup Triple Sec
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- 2 - 3 tbsp sugar
- 3 - 4 peaches
- 1 750 ml bottle Prosecco, chilled
- fresh blueberries or blackberries for garnish
- Add Triple Sec, lemon juice and sugar to the bottom of a large pitcher and stir to dissolve.
- Peel and dice the peaches and add to the pitcher along with ice.
- Top with Prosecco and serve immediately. Prosecco is a sparkling white organic wine from italy.
- The peaches will gently flavour your drink as you sip.
I prepare the peaches well ahead of serving time, even the night before. That way they soak up the Triple Sec and lemon juice. Just mix and store in a Mason jar in the refrigerator until you are ready to pour into a pitcher.
Like Sangria? You’ll probably love my Pomegranate Sangria and this Citrus Sangria too. And if you love peaches as much as I do, try this Peach Ginger Iced Tea, Chipotle Peach Glazed Chicken, Caramelized Peaches and Figs, Grilled Peaches with Honey-Lemon Drizzle, and Mason Jar Peach Crisp.