Try this white wine Grilled Pineapple Strawberry Sangria at your next outdoor party! Grilling the pineapple brings out its natural sweetness and adds flavour to this fruity, bubbly summer sangria.
Grilled Pineapple Strawberry Sangria! Another refreshing summer sangria recipe to add to my collection!
❤️ Why this recipe works
- If you've followed along with me for a while, you'll know that I'm a confirmed fan of sangria. Combining a glass of wine with chopped fruit and fruit juices makes a perfect celebratory drink, in my view. Sipping my summer with friends along with a pitcher of this refreshing pineapple sangria is a fun way to entertain!
- While traditional Spanish sangria is made with red wine, there are no rules! White wine sangria is just as delicious and refreshing.
- When you're serving a group of friends, sangria is a perfect choice. You can make it ahead of time and refrigerate it.
- Chilled pineapple is incredibly refreshing on a hot day! You might also like this Pineapple Ginger Agua Fresca. It's sugar-free! Try this Pineapple Ginger Kombucha Mocktail, too.
You'll find a complete list of ingredients in the recipe card below. Here are a few notes about some of them.
- fresh pineapple, in spears or cubes. See the notes below about how to cut a pineapple.
- fresh strawberries, whole or halved, depending on their size
- pineapple juice
- orange liqueur: Triple Sec or another orange liqueur like Cointreau or Gran Marnier
- 1 bottle dry white wine
- sparkling water
- mint leaves and/or lime slices for garnish
🔪 Easy Instructions
Start by grilling the pineapple spears or wedges. Brush the pineapple lightly with oil to prevent sticking. Grill over medium heat until grill marks form and pineapple is warmed through and begins to caramelize. Remove from grill and set aside to cool.
Use fresh, fully ripe strawberries and a few slices of lime to pack into a pitcher of this sparkling mix. Add pineapple juice, Triple Sec (or other orange liqueur) and a bottle of white wine.
Just before serving, top off each glass with a splash of sparkling water. Garnish with a skewer or wedge of grilled or fresh pineapple and a strawberry, add a sprig of fresh mint, and serve!
👍🏼 Helpful tips to make the best sangria
Sangria can be made and served right away, but it's even better if you allow the flavours to blend by making it several hours or even the day before you plan to serve it. Make it ahead of time and refrigerate it. Simply add a touch of sparkling water just before you serve it.
❓What kind of wine is best for this pineapple strawberry sangria?
It's really up to you!
In this recipe, I used a Sauvignon Blanc. Since you're already adding sweetness with fruit, juice and the Triple Sec, choose an unoaked wine on the drier side, like a dry Riesling, Pino Grigio, or Sauvignon Blanc. Leave the oaked wines, like Chardonnay, for sipping on their own.
No, but grilling brings out the natural sugars in the pineapple and adds to the sweetness of this drink. If you have your grill fired up, add a few spears of pineapple!
Twist the crown from the pineapple and discard. Lay the pineapple on its side and cut a thin slice off both the top and the base creating a flat surface.
Next, stand the pineapple on its base and slice off strips of the skin from top to bottom, following the contour of the fruit. Don't worry about not cutting off all the eyes. You can remove them later using a paring knife or a melon baller.
Then cut straight down the centre through the tough fibrous center core. Angle your knife and slice out the core.
And finally, slice the pineapple into spears or wedges of your desired length
Refrigerate any leftover sangria. It will be just as delicious the following day and the fruit will have soaked up even more of the flavour!
🗒 More Sangria recipes: both red and white!
Red wine or white wine: Sangria makes a great summertime drink!
Want something a little frosty for a hot day? You'll love this Strawberry Watermelon Sangria Slushie!
Who's ready for drinks on the deck? If you're looking for mocktails, you'll find lots of inspiration in this round-up of Easy Fruity Mocktail Recipes.
When you make this pineapple sangria with strawberries, please leave a comment and a star rating below. Thanks in advance! Subscribe to my newsletter and have new recipes delivered straight to your inbox.
Grilled Pineapple Strawberry Sangria
- ½ fresh pineapple, cubed (about 2 cups)
- 12 - 15 fresh strawberries, whole or halved
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- ¼ cup Triple Sec or other orange liqueur
- 1 750 ml bottle dry white wine
- 2 cups sparkling water, (add just before serving)
- mint leaves, for garnish
- lime slices, for garnish
- Brush pineapple cubes lightly with oil to prevent sticking. Grill over medium heat until grill marks form and pineapple is warmed through and begins to caramelize. Remove from grill and set aside to cool.
- Combine pineapple, strawberries, pineapple juice, Triple Sec and white wine in a large pitcher. Refrigerate overnight or for at least 2 hours to allow flavours to blend.
- Add ice to a glass. Fill ¾ full with Sangria and top off with sparkling water or artisan tonic water. Garnish with skewered fruit, lime slices and/or mint leaves. Serve.
This recipe was inspired by Pineapple Sangria from How Sweet It is and from Grilled Pineapple Strawberry Lemonade Sangria from Averie Cooks