This tasty slow cooker sticky chicken is the easiest meal you'll make all week!
Good news! Ten minutes. One pot. No oil. No fussing. Get your napkins out and be ready to lick your fingers. This Crock-Pot Sticky Chicken is beyond good.
I was kind of embarrassed to admit to Denis during dinner that all I could think about was how overjoyed I was that there were LEFTOVERS for tomorrow! I get to experience this near-nirvana state all over again. I actually had to tell myself to slow down as I was eating.
Seriously, you need to make this chicken. It's a little salty and a little sweet and a little hot and spicy and it falls off the bone and melts in your mouth. It's the easiest meal you'll make all week.
Tamari soy sauce (or coconut aminos) Sriracha, balsamic vinegar, honey, garlic, ginger and onion . . . just mix and pour and let your slow cooker work its magic.
I used chicken thighs because I find that thighs are better in the slow cooker than chicken breasts. Thighs have more flavour, and they don't dry out and get stringy when cooked for a long time. You could also use wings or legs. Put the chicken of your choice in your slow cooker, mix up the sauce ingredients, pour them over the chicken and come back later to find dinner all made for you. Easy-peasy.
Crock Pot Sticky Chicken
- 3 pounds meaty bone-in about 12, skin-on chicken thighs
- 1/3 cup tamari soy sauce or coconut aminos for paleo diet
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tsp Sriracha sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch fresh ginger or 1 teaspoon powdered ginger, finely grated
- 1 tsp powdered onion
- 1 tsp black pepper freshly ground
- 2-4 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp water
- fresh cilantro, sesame seeds
- Put fresh or thawed chicken in slow cooker.
- Mix all remaining ingredients except the cornstarch, water, and garnish.
- Pour over chicken, turning to coat all pieces.
- Put the lid on the slow cooker and cook 3-4 hours on High or 6-8 hours on Low.
- When cooked through and tender, mix the cornstarch with the water and a little of the sauce. Pour over the chicken, stir and cook for another 10 - 15 minutes until thickened.
- Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro and sesame seeds.
SAVE THIS TO ONE OF YOUR PINTEREST BOARDS
and connect with me on Pinterest! I’m always finding new tasty recipes to pin.