Here's an easy lemon aioli recipe, made in one bowl with mayonnaise, lemon, garlic and parsley. Aioli is a versatile sauce to use on sandwiches and burgers, salmon and crab cakes, grilled shrimp, roasted vegetables and more!
❤️ Why you'll love this recipe
I've made this lemon aioli recipe many times over the years and finally decided it needed a post all its own.
I first learned to make it at a Spanish cooking class, simply by emulsifying garlic with olive oil and an egg. While that method makes a delicious aioli, today I'm sharing an egg-free version that is a snap to make and only dirties one bowl! No blender needed for this easy recipe!
🛒 Ingredients and substitutions
You'll find a complete list of ingredients with amounts in the recipe card below.
- mayonnaise: use good-quality mayonnaise or vegan mayonnaise to keep this recipe egg-free.
- garlic: one fresh clove
- lemon: you'll need both the zest and a little lemon juice
- parsley: freshly chopped
- sea salt and pepper to taste
🔪 How to make lemon garlic aioli
Measure the mayo, zest and juice a lemon, mince a clove of garlic, chop some parsley and use a whisk to combine all the ingredients in a bowl. Taste and correct the seasoning with a little more lemon or sea salt and pepper.
🔁 Possible Variations
Some traditional French aioli recipes add a touch of mustard. You can add ½ to 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard if you'd like. It will give the aioli a light yellow colour.
Make it a Dill Lemon Aioli. Stir in ½ teaspoon of finely chopped fresh dill. Delicious with salmon or other fish. Or try it with fresh tarragon!
🍽 Serving Suggestions
You can use Lemon Aioli in so many ways. Once you make it, you'll find a hundred ways to use it! Try it with:
- Air Fryer Shishito Peppers
- Salmon Patties
- Mushroom Black Bean Burgers
- Tortilla Española - Traditional Spanish Tortilla
- Crab Cakes
- as a dipping sauce for veggies or chicken wings
⏰ Storage Instructions
To store: Store leftover aioli in the fridge in a covered container. It will stay fresh for 3 - 4 days.
🗒 More dip recipes
When you make this easy lemon garlic aioli recipe, please leave a comment and a star rating below. I love hearing from you! Thanks in advance. Subscribe to my newsletter and receive new recipes delivered straight to your inbox once a week.
Easy Lemon Aioli
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon each sea salt and black pepper
- Measure and combine all ingredients in a small bowl, whisking until no lumps remain.