This Baked Lemon Artichoke Chicken recipe is all made in one pan. Full of the robust flavours of the sunny Mediterranean, it's seasoned with garlic, lemon, olives, feta cheese, and of course, artichokes!
This One-Pan Baked Lemon Artichoke Chicken makes an easy weeknight chicken dinner, all made in one skillet. It's an appetizing dish, with complex flavours that blend together seamlessly. The result is a 30-minute meal with crispy chicken and a pungent sauce.
Ready to get started? Here's what you'll need. Assemble everything on your countertop and cooking this artichoke chicken dish will be a breeze.
Ingredients for Baked Lemon Artichoke Chicken
- chicken thighs: bone-in, skin on, about 8
- salt and pepper
- olive oil: enough to sear the chicken
- marinated artichoke hearts: about half of a 24 oz. jar
- a lemon: slice it up to tuck in around the chicken pieces
- garlic: 3 cloves
- shallot: one small or half a medium one
- dried thyme: or a few sprigs of fresh thyme if you have some
- chicken broth: homemade or store-bought
- white wine: optional but it adds a slight sweetness
- Kalamata olives: pitted
- feta cheese: just ¼ cup for sprinkling on top
- parsley: for garnish
Easy Steps to Make this One-Pan Baked Lemon Artichoke Chicken
- Sear the chicken thighs in an oven-proof skillet.
- Remove to a plate.
- Brown the shallots and garlic in the same skillet.
- Then add all the remaining ingredients except the olives, feta and parsley to the skillet.
- Return the chicken to the skillet.
- When the chicken is fully cooked, add the olives and feta and place under the broiler for a couple of minutes.
- Garnish with parsley, serve and devour!
Make it paleo: omit the feta cheese on top.
Serve with a salad and a baked potato or a baked sweet potato with Tzatziki Sauce.
One-Pan Lemon Artichoke Chicken Thighs
- 8 chicken thighs skin on, bone-in
- sea salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil extra virgin
- 2 tablespoon shallots minced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 12 - 15 oz marinated artichoke hearts quartered
- 1 lemon sliced
- 1 ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ cup brine from marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 cup chicken stock
- ¼ cup white wine
- ½ cup kalamata olives pitted
- ¼ cup feta cheese crumbled
- 2 tablespoon parsley chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Pat the chicken thighs dry, then season with salt and pepper.
- In a large oven-proof skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil. When hot, add chicken, skin side down. Sear for 4 -5 minutes, then turn and sear on the other side. Remove to a plate. Drain all but 1 tablespoon of the oil or chicken fat.
- Add shallots and garlic to the skillet. Cook for 1 - 2 minutes until softened and just beginning to brown. Add artichoke hearts, lemon, brine, thyme, chicken stock and white wine. Bring to a simmer, then add chicken thighs back to the skillet.
- Transfer to preheated oven and bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until chicken registers an internal temperature of 170°F. Tuck the olives into the sauce, sprinkle with feta and heat under the broiler for 2 - 3 minutes. Serve and devour!
If you love Mediterranean flavours, you may also like:
Greek Lemon Chicken Kabobs with Tzatziki
Marinated Lemon Chicken Greek Salad
Skinny Greek Chicken Bowl with Watermelon and Feta
This post contains affiliate links.