Everyday Honey Citrus Salad Dressing is a recipe you’ll use every day on green salads! Bright, fresh and lemony with a little kick from roasted red pepper flakes, this recipe might become your new go-to vinaigrette!
Everyone needs a salad dressing recipe that they know off by heart. This Everyday Honey Citrus Salad Dressing is one of mine!
It’s a favourite because it’s versatile. It can add flavour and zing to a simple green salad, yet it’s sweet enough to complement a salad with fruit, like this Strawberry Mango Arugula Salad with Goat Cheese.
Homemade Salad Dressing is always best!
Making salad dressing and vinaigrettes at home is very easy, once you figure out the proportions of ingredients that you like best. Some people like more oil than others. Others like a sweeter dressing.
Ingredients for Everyday Honey-Citrus Salad Dressing
- olive oil: extra virgin, of course!
- champagne vinegar: if you have it, otherwise you can substitute white wine vinegar
- orange juice: freshly squeezed makes all the difference
- lemon juice: same! fresh is always best
- honey: 2 teaspoons, more if you like a sweeter dressing (or if your citrus fruit isn’t very sweet)
- cilantro: finely chopped. If you don’t like it, you could substitute parsley
- Thai red pepper: or chili flakes. Start with a small amount. You can always add more, but you can’t take it away!
Tips for making Honey-Citrus Salad Dressing
- This dressing has a tiny bit of “heat” from cilantro and chili, so it works very well on salads that include avocado.
- You can easily vary the ingredients in this recipe to suit your salad. If your salad needs a little kick of flavour, add the Thai red pepper or chili flakes. If you want a milder dressing, leave them out.
- Shake all ingredients in a Mason jar, or process in a small blender or food processor.
- If it separates, give it a shake or a stir!
Try this vinaigrette on your favourite green salad, or one of these:
Everyday Honey Citrus Salad Dressing
- 1 tbsp champagne vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup orange juice freshly squeezed from 1/2 large orange
- 2 tbsp lemon juice freshly squeezed from 1/2 lemon
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 2 tbsp cilantro finely chopped
- 1/2 small Thai red pepper very finely chopped, or 1 tsp dried chili flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all vinaigrette ingredients in a blender or shake well in a small Mason jar.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on any of the affiliate links and make a purchase within a certain time frame, I’ll receive a small commission. The commission is paid by the third party, not by you. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. It’s an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.