Everyday Honey Citrus Salad Dressing is a recipe you'll use every day on green salads! Bright, fresh and lemony with a little kick from roasted red pepper flakes, this recipe might become your new go-to honey-lemon vinaigrette!
Everyone needs a salad dressing recipe that they know off by heart. This Everyday Honey Citrus Salad Dressing is one of mine!
It's a favourite because it's versatile. It can add flavour and zing to a simple green salad, yet it's sweet enough to complement a salad with fruit, like this Strawberry Mango Arugula Salad with Goat Cheese.
❤️ Homemade salad dressing is always best!
Making salad dressing and vinaigrettes at home is very easy, once you figure out the proportions of ingredients that you like best. Some people like more oil than others. Others like a sweeter dressing.
For a complete guide to making your own healthy salad dressings and 7 more homemade dressing recipes, check How to Make Homemade Salad Dressing.
🛒 Ingredients for honey-citrus salad dressing
- olive oil: extra virgin, of course!
- champagne vinegar: if you have it, otherwise you can substitute white wine vinegar
- orange juice: freshly squeezed makes all the difference. It really does!
- lemon juice: same! fresh is always best
- honey: 2 teaspoons, more if you like a sweeter dressing (or if your citrus fruit isn't very sweet)
- cilantro: finely chopped. If you don't like it, you could substitute parsley
- Thai red pepper: or chili flakes. Start with a small amount. You can always add more, but you can't take it away!
👍🏼 Helpful tips
- This dressing has a tiny bit of "heat" from cilantro and chili, so it works very well on salads that include avocado.
- You can easily vary the ingredients in this recipe to suit your salad. If your salad needs a little kick of flavour, add a little Thai red pepper or chili flakes. If you want a milder dressing, leave them out.
- Shake all ingredients in a Mason jar, or process in a small blender or food processor.
- If it separates, give it a shake or a stir!
How long will vinaigrettes keep?
Store this citrus salad dressing in a covered container in the fridge. It will last for a week or two. Dressings that don't contain dairy products will keep much longer than those that do.
The olive oil in this dressing will become thick when refrigerated. Let it stand at room temperature for 10 - 15 minutes, then whisk it or give it a good shake before serving.
🍽 Serving suggestions
Try this honey-lemon vinaigrette on your favourite green salad, or on one of these popular salad recipes:
🗒 More homemade salad dressing recipes
🌟 Did you make this honey-lemon dressing?
When you make this honey lemon vinaigrette, please leave a comment and a rating below. I love hearing from you! Subscribe to my newsletter and have new recipes delivered straight to your inbox once a week.
Everyday Honey Citrus Salad Dressing
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar, or white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup orange juice, freshly squeezed from ½ large orange
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed from ½ lemon
- 2 teaspoon honey
- ¼ cup olive oil, extra virgin
- 2 tablespoon cilantro, finely chopped
- ½ small Thai red pepper, very finely chopped, or 1 teaspoon dried chili flakes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine all vinaigrette ingredients in a blender or shake well in a small Mason jar.