This Pineapple Ginger Kombucha Mocktail is a refreshing non-alcoholic (or alcoholic) drink made with probiotic-rich kombucha. It's quick and easy to make with store-bought kombucha. Make yourself a healthy-ish drink that you can enjoy at happy hour without feeling like you're missing out!
❤️ Why this kombucha mocktail recipe works
Non-alcoholic. Swap out alcohol for kombucha and make yourself a healthy-ish drink that you can enjoy at happy hour without feeling like you're missing out! This refreshing simple Pineapple Ginger Kombucha Mocktail has just the right amount of bubbly to put you in a celebratory mood!
Probiotic-rich. Sweet and spicy with tropical flavours and a kick from ginger, this Kombucha Mocktail is an ideal drink for any time of the year. And you'll be getting a healthy dose of gut-healing probiotics at the same time! Ginger is good for our digestive system and pineapple has antioxidant properties as well as Vitamin C.
Did I mention I like easy recipes? You could be dedicated and resourceful and make your own kombucha to make this mocktail, or you can stop at the store and buy a bottle of flavoured kombucha and have this drink made in 5 minutes.
Your choice. 😊
And check my collection of 9 easy fruity mocktail recipes for even more inspiration!
Ready to get started? Here's what you'll need:
- pineapple juice
- lemon juice
- maple syrup
- a lemon
- ginger-flavoured store-bought kombucha
- orange liqueur: like Triple Sec or Gran Marnier (optional. Skip to keep this drink non-alcoholic.)
- rosemary: fresh, to rim the glass and for garnish
- cane sugar: or granulated sugar (to rim the glass)
🥄 How to make a Kombucha Mocktail or Cocktail!
It's a simple drink, but it's a stunner!
- Rim your glasses with a simple mix of very finely chopped fresh rosemary and sugar for a special touch. (Optional, of course.)
- Fill the glasses with ice and this chilled Pineapple Ginger Kombucha Cocktail.
- Garnish with lemon slices and a sprig of rosemary or a wedge of fresh pineapple.
- Make it a cocktail! Want to add a little booze? Add an ounce or so of orange liqueur, like Triple Sec or Gran Marnier. (Try it with vodka too!)
Kombucha is a fermented tea that is a source of probiotics and antioxidants. If you research how to make it yourself, you can make it at home. It is readily available in single-serve bottles in grocery stores. You can read about its many potential health benefits in this article, 8 Benefits of Kombucha Tea.
Certainly not! It's delicious and refreshing with or without the rimmed glass or the sprig of rosemary. Add a thin wedge of fresh pineapple to each glass instead.
Since the kombucha is fizzy, you'll want to add it just before serving. However, you could combine the pineapple juice, lemon juice and maple syrup in advance and refrigerate until serving time.
👍🏼 Helpful Tips
For best results, make sure all the liquids (pineapple juice, lemon juice and kombucha) have been chilled.
To easily rim a glass, remove the leaves from one sprig of rosemary and chop very finely. Combine with sugar and transfer to a small plate or dish that is larger than the diameter of the glasses you will be using. Rub the edge of each glass with lemon, then invert the glass into the rosemary-sugar mixture to rim the glasses.
Kombucha tends to cut the sweetness in a drink, so you may want to adjust the amount of maple syrup to suit your taste. Different brands of kombucha will also vary in their level of sweetness, so play around with the sweetness to find the balance you like best.
When to serve this mocktail
This delicious mocktail is full of good-for-the-gut probiotics. Serve it year-round at happy hour, or as a refreshing drink at a deck party or backyard barbecue.
Cheers to a healthy gut!
When you make this Kombucha Mocktail, please leave a comment and a star rating below. Thanks in advance! Subscribe to my newsletter and have new recipes delivered straight to your inbox.
Simple Pineapple Ginger Kombucha Mocktail
- 2 cups pineapple juice, chilled
- ¼ cup organic lemon juice, chilled
- 2 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 organic lemon, sliced
- 2 cups ginger kombucha, chilled
- 4 oz orange liquer, like Triple Sec (optional)
- 5 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon organic cane sugar, or granulated sugar
- Remove the leaves from one sprig of rosemary and chop very finely. Combine with sugar and transfer to a small plate or dish that is larger than the diameter of the glasses you will be using. Rub the edge of each glass with lemon, then invert the glass into the rosemary-sugar mixture to rim the glasses.
- Combine pineapple juice, lemon juice and maple syrup in a pitcher. Stir to combine, as the maple syrup will sink to the bottom. Slowly add the kombucha.
- Pour over ice-filled, rosemary-rimmed glasses and garnish with lemon slices and sprigs of fresh rosemary. Serve immediately.