Get the easy recipe for this delicious turmeric tonic made with coconut water, lemon, ginger, turmeric and honey. This powerful anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant ginger turmeric tonic will also give you a boost of energy.
❤️ Why you'll love this Turmeric Tonic
Honey, ginger and lemon with a zippy zing, this refreshing turmeric pick-me-up tonic is full of all things good for you! Its bright, sunshiny colour is a mood-booster, too.
Just consider all the benefits of this tonic!
👍🏼 Amazing health benefits of turmeric tonic
- Turmeric It's a powerful anti-inflammatory. It's even suspected to offer protection from certain cancers and may help to lower cholesterol.
- Curcumin Even more important, turmeric contains curcumin, the yellow-orange pigment in turmeric that has been found to benefit those who suffer from inflammatory bowel disease, Crohn's, rheumatoid arthritis and more.
- Ginger is a natural aid to digestion with anti-inflammatory properties.
- Coconut water provides an incredible source of electrolytes like potassium and sodium.
- Lemon gives us Vitamin C.
- Honey is rich in minerals.
- coconut water
- fresh ginger
- turmeric: grated fresh turmeric or ground turmeric
- lemon juice: freshly squeezed
- black pepper
Be sure to include the black pepper in this turmeric tonic as it is necessary to allow your body to utilize all the benefits of curcumin.
Blend all ingredients in a blender. Serve over ice for a light, refreshing detox drink.
Add a stir stick to stir as you sip if the turmeric or the honey sinks to the bottom of the glass.
🍽 When to serve turmeric drinks
I love this juice in the late afternoon when my energy level is lagging, but the turmeric drink I often make in the evening is this Warm Turmeric Cinnamon Milk.
This "Golden Milk" may also help you relax into sleep. If I ever have trouble sleeping, a mug of this warm sweet milk made with almond milk (or your choice of milk) and turmeric works wonders for me.
If you like ginger and lemon, check my recipe for How to Make Lemon Ginger Tea, too. It's a soothing anti-inflammatory tea, full of antioxidants. It's perfect for summer sipping and for cold and 'flu season, too!
❓ Frequently asked questions
If turmeric stains your countertop or your blender container, it's easy to remove.
Rub the area with a small amount of vegetable oil, followed with a general scrub with your usual cleanser to remove the stain. I also drink this turmeric tonic with a straw to avoid discolouring my teeth!
Enjoy this gentle way to cleanse your body and boost your immune system!
🗒 More healthy turmeric recipes
I like to use turmeric frequently in my cooking and have several favourite turmeric recipes that I make on repeat. Try these recipes with turmeric if you're trying to add more turmeric to your diet.
When you make this ginger turmeric tonic please leave a comment and a star rating below. I love hearing when you've made one of my recipes. Thanks in advance! Subscribe to my newsletter and have new recipes delivered straight to your inbox once a week.
🗒 More drink recipes to try today
Turmeric "Pick-Me-Up" Tonic
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1 inch knob of fresh ginger, peeled (or 1 tsp. ground ginger)
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder, or 1 tablespoon grated fresh turmeric
- ¼ cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon honey
- pinch of sea salt
- pinch of black pepper
- Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender. Strain if desired.
- Serve with a stir stick and a straw. Add ice to make a refreshing cold drink.
This popular recipe was originally published in 2014. It has been updated with extra information to make it more helpful.