Welcome warmer days with this Rhubarb Mint Mojito, made with a simple rhubarb syrup, fresh mint and lime. Easy to make it non-alcoholic, too!
I'm not a fan of sugary cocktails, so this Rhubarb Mint Mojito is an ideal drink for me! It's a little sweet, but not too sweet, and a little tart, but not overly so. And in fact, I really don't care if it has rum in it at all! This recipe makes a great mocktail, or non-alcoholic drink that kids like, too.
Mint and lime add a refreshing twist to this springtime cocktail. Imagine how welcome an icy glass of like this would be on a hot sunny day!
I make this Organic Ginger Mint Cooler often, both with and without alcohol. My grandchildren love the non-alcoholic version. Today I wanted to try something a little different, and with rhubarb ready in the garden, this Mojito mocktail seemed like a good choice.
Rhubarb Mint Mojitos for a Crowd!
You can make this Mojito for a crowd by doubling the recipe for the Rhubarb Simple Syrup. Make a batch of the syrup ahead of time and store in the fridge. It will keep for up to two weeks.
How to Make a Rhubarb Mint Mojito
When ready to serve this Rhubarb Mint Mojito, muddle some fresh mint leaves with ice in a cocktail shaker, then add the rhubarb simple syrup, lime juice, and rum and shake until well chilled. Strain into a glass, top with sparkling water or ginger ale, garnish with a sprig of mint and/or a slice of lime and serve to your appreciative friends!
Here's an even easier option, (or for those who don't like mint.) Make a refreshing non-alcoholic drink by adding two ounces of this rhubarb simple syrup to a glass with ice. Top with natural artisan ginger ale or sparkling water. Add a squeeze of lime juice and a slice of lime and serve!
Looking for more ways to enjoy rhubarb? Here are 10 Ways to Use Rhubarb Besides Pie!
Rhubarb Mint Mojito
Rhubarb Simple Syrup
Rhubarb Mint Mohito
- 1 oz white rum
- 2 oz rhubarb simple syrup
- 5 mint leaves
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- lime zest
- sparkling water or ginger ale
- pinch of nutmeg, optional
Rhubarb Simple Syrup
- Combine all the ingredients in a small pot. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer. Simmer for until rhubarb is soft and mixture has thickened. Remove from heat and strain through a fine mesh sieve. Pour into a jar or bottle and let cool completely. The syrup will keep covered in the fridge for two weeks. This will make enough for 4 -6 drinks.
- Add 5 large mint leaves to a cocktail shaker. Fill half full with ice and muddle with the end of a wooden spoon. Add ¼ cup rhubarb simple syrup. 1 oz. white rum and 3 tablespoons lime juice. Shake until well chilled.
- Strain into a glass. Fill ⅔ full with ice cubes and top with sparkling water or ginger ale. Garnish with a mint sprig and/or a slice of lime and a pinch of nutmeg (optional).
Non-Alcoholic Cocktail (Mocktail)
- Simply follow all directions, but omit the rum. Add extra sparkling water or ginger ale if desired.
Are you a rhubarb fan? You might like these recipes, too.
- Strawberry Rhubarb Smoothie
- Rhubarb Bellini Prosecco Cocktail
- Charred Rhubarb No-Bake Cheesecake
- Skinny Strawberry Rhubarb Parfait
- Grilled Fish Tacos with Pineapple Rhubarb Salsa
and if you need more Mocktail ideas:
- Sugar-Free Grapefruit Ginger Mocktail
- Wild Huckleberry Mint Mohito Mocktail (or Cocktail)
- Simple Pineapple Ginger Kombucha Cocktail
- Organic Ginger Mint Cooler
Items I used to make this Rhubarb Mint Mojito
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on any of the affiliate links and make a purchase within a certain time frame, I’ll receive a small commission. The commission is paid by the third party, not by you. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Always drink responsibly.