This delicious low-carb Cheesy Crustless Zucchini Quiche is a healthy Keto option for brunch, lunch or a side dish. It's easy to make with eggs, cheese, almond and coconut flour. Made without Bisquick or wheat flour, this no-crust quiche is gluten-free.
❤️ Why you'll love this recipe
With only 5 carbs (or 3 net carbs) per serving, this cheesy crustless zucchini quiche is a healthy option for those on a Keto diet. And for those not following a special diet, here's a crustless zucchini pie that's simply delicious and filling!
Zucchini is a summer squash that is low in calories but high in vitamins and minerals. It makes a nutritious addition to an egg and cheese pie, like this gluten-free zucchini quiche. It's great to stuff with your favourite low-carb fillings, too.
We often think about using this versatile summer squash in the late summer months when our gardens are overflowing, but zucchini squash is available all year round. It's a nutritious vegetable that should be a regular component of our weekly menus. It's just so healthy!
You might also like these gluten-free Greek Chicken Stuffed Zucchini Boats, full of your favourite Mediterranean flavours!
Here's what you will need to whip up this gluten-free crustless zucchini quiche for a light dinner, lunch, or brunch!
- zucchini: 2 cups of drained zucchini, well squeezed out. You'll need to start with 2 medium zucchini to end up with 2 cups drained.
- almond flour: finely ground blanched almond flour
- coconut flour: as a thickening agent to absorb excess liquid and give the quiche structure
- baking powder: as a leavening agent
- eggs: 4 large
- milk: your choice: dairy or plant-based, or for a more custard-like rich filling, use cream
- cheese: your choice. I use cheddar and feta cheese
- onion: finely chopped
- herbs: fresh basil and oregano, or your choice of fresh herbs. See recipe for dried herbs substitutions
- cherry tomatoes: optional. Not too many, as they may make the quiche watery.
How to Remove Moisture from Zucchini
The secret to a great zucchini pie or quiche is to remove as much water from the zucchini as possible to prevent the quiche from being watery.
Two medium green zucchini (about 10 inches long and 2 ½ inches in diameter) will yield about 2 cups of drained zucchini.
- Grate zucchini, either by hand or in a food processor.
- Place it in a colander over a bowl (or in the sink).
- Toss with a tablespoon of salt. The salt will help the zucchini release its moisture.
- Place another slightly smaller bowl on top of the zucchini in the colander and weigh this bowl down with something heavy (canned goods or a jar of pickles, etc. work well). Let sit for 20 – 30 minutes.
- Press down on the smaller bowl occasionally to help squeeze the water out.
- I also find squeezing it in my hands or in a clean dish towel works, too.
Zucchini Quiche Recipe Instructions
- Combine the dry ingredients (almond flour, coconut flour and baking powder) in a small bowl while the zucchini is draining.
- Beat the eggs until frothy, then add milk, grated/crumbled cheese, onion, herbs and well-drained zucchini.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, combining well, then transfer to a greased quiche dish or deep dish pie plate.
- Add halved cherry tomatoes on top, if desired.
- Bake until the middle of the quiche no longer jiggles and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing into wedges and serving. Garnish with more fresh herbs if desired.
What to serve with Zucchini Quiche
This gluten-free zucchini quiche makes a great brunch, lunch or side dish and it's delicious served with a salad or veggies and dip. Try it with any of these recipes:
How to store a crustless zucchini pie
Cover and refrigerate leftover quiche. Cover the remaining pie with foil and reheat it in the oven at 350°F. for 15 - 20 minutes or until heated through. You'll have tasty leftovers the following day!
When you make this crustless zucchini quiche recipe, please leave a comment and a rating below! I love hearing how my recipes turned out for you, or what adaptations you made. Thanks in advance!
This post has been updated. The recipe remains the same.
Cheesy Crustless Zucchini Quiche
- 2 cups zucchini, grated, measured after all liquid squeezed out. Begin with 2 medium zucchini.
- 3 tablespoon almond flour, finely ground
- 1.5 tablespoon coconut flour, See note below
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- ½ cup milk, or cream
- ½ cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- ½ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chiffonade cut or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried
- Grate zucchini. Using a food processor makes this a quick job. To prevent the quiche from being watery, zucchini must be well drained. Put the grated zucchini in a colander over a bowl. Sprinkle with salt and toss. Place another smaller bowl on top of the grated zucchini in the colander and weigh it down with something heavy, like a large can. Let sit until it starts to release water, then press down occasionally for 20 minutes or so. Squeeze out remaining water with a towel or your hands until you have 2 cups of drained zucchini.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly oil or spray a 10-inch quiche dish.
- While zucchini is draining, sift the flours and baking powder in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, combine the beaten eggs, milk, cheddar cheese, feta cheese, onion, basil, oregano and well-drained zucchini.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir well to combine.
- Transfer the mixture to the baking dish. Arrange halved cherry tomatoes on top, pressing gently into the mixture.
- Bake at 350°F. for 45- 50 minutes or until center is set and knife inserted comes out clean.
- Garnish with extra herbs, if desired. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing into wedges.