Packed with veggies and flavoured with herbs and bacon, this crustless paleo zucchini carrot quiche makes an easy weeknight meal. It's also a brunch favourite!
Say the word, "quiche" and what comes to mind? Warm creamy cheese and egg cooked in a buttery pastry crust, right? Not this one, but this Paleo Zucchini Carrot Quiche is equally, if not more, delicious than its original counterpart.
This dairy-free quiche is crustless and you won't miss that flaky pastry crust one little bit. It's grain-free, gluten-free and stuffed with veggies and herbs. It's made with zucchini!
Zucchini, that wonder squash that delivers a host of vitamins and minerals (including magnesium, something that I'm always seeking to help with calcium absorption). And if you're wondering just how healthy zucchini is, check this article 9 Impressive Health Reasons to Eat More Zucchini — A Nutrient-Dense Food.
- grated zucchini: well squeezed to remove moisture
- sea salt
- grated carrots
- cooked crumbled bacon
- 9 eggs
- fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- fresh chives, finely chopped
You'll find complete instructions in the recipe card below. This is an easy recipe that takes little time to prepare. It makes a healthy light dinner and it's delicious as a brunch dish, too.
- crack the eggs
- chop the herbs
- cook the bacon (or buy pre-cooked crumbled bacon
- grate the veggies
- and toss it all together.
- Make a salad while this zucchini carrot quiche is getting all bubbly and crispy in the oven and dinner is done!
👍🏼 Helpful Tips to make crustless zucchini quiche
I used my Spiralizer to julienne the vegetables, but grating them works fine too.
It's important to squeeze and drain as much moisture from the zucchini as you can.
Two medium green zucchini (about 10 inches long and 2 1/2 inches in diameter) will yield about 2 cups of drained zucchini.
This is the method I use most frequently.
- Grate zucchini, either by hand or in a food processor.
- Place it in a colander over a bowl (or in the sink).
- Toss with a tablespoon of salt. The salt will help the zucchini release its moisture.
- Place another slightly smaller bowl on top of the zucchini in the colander and weigh this bowl down with something heavy (canned goods or a jar of pickles, etc. work well). Let sit for 20 – 30 minutes.
- Press down on the smaller bowl occasionally to help squeeze the water out.
- I also find squeezing it in my hands or in a clean dish towel or piece of cheesecloth works, too.
Leftovers of this Zucchini Carrot Quiche are great for brunch or lunch the following day! We like it cold, but it's easy to reheat in the oven at 350°F. for 10 - 15 minutes.
This quiche does not freeze particularly well.
I hope you love this crustless zucchini quiche as much as we do. If you make it, please let me know how it turned out by leaving a comment below.
- 2 cups grated zucchini well squeezed to remove moisture
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1/2 cup cooked crumbled bacon, (about 4 oz or 100 gm) nitrate-free
- 9 eggs
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1-2 tsp oil for oiling the baking dish.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Grate the zucchini, put in a bowl and sprinkle with salt. Toss and let stand while you prepare the remaining ingredients. Salting it will help to remove excess moisture which would make the quiche soggy.
- Cook the bacon and crumble it.
- Grate the carrots.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Chop the herbs.
- Put the zucchini in a cheesecloth bag (or just use your hands) to squeeze out as much water as you can. This will help the quiche to set up nicely. This step is very important to avoid a watery quiche.
- Put the drained zucchini in a bowl with the rest of the ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Oil a 9 or 10 inch quiche dish or pie plate. Pour the mixture into the dish and smooth with the back of a spoon.
- Bake at 375 for 40 to 45 minutes until set in the middle, lightly browned and just beginning to brown on the edges.
More gluten-free zucchini recipes
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on any of the affiliate links and make a purchase within a certain time frame, I’ll receive a small commission. The commission is paid by the third party, not by you. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.