Packed with veggies and flavoured with herbs and bacon, this crustless paleo zucchini carrot quiche makes an easy weeknight meal. It’s also a brunch favourite!
Say the word, “quiche” and what comes to mind? Warm creamy cheese and egg cooked in a buttery pastry crust, right? Not this one, but this Paleo Zucchini Carrot Quiche is equally, if not more, delicious than its original counterpart.
This dairy-free quiche is crustless and I didn’t miss that flaky pastry crust one little bit. It’s grain-free, gluten-free and stuffed with veggies and herbs. It’s made with zucchini!
Zucchini, that wonder squash that delivers a host of vitamins and minerals (including magnesium, something that I’m always seeking to help with calcium absorption).
I used my Spiralizer to julienne the vegetables, but grating them works fine too.
This zucchini carrot quiche makes a quick weeknight meal and the leftovers are great for brunch or lunch the following day!
Just crack some eggs, chop some herbs, cook some bacon (or buy those pre-cooked crumbles), grate some vegetables and toss it all together. Make a salad while it’s getting all bubbly and crispy on top in the oven and dinner is done!
Love hosting brunch? Check this post for more inspiration! 15 Spring Brunch Recipe Ideas.
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1/2 cup cooked crumbled bacon, (about 4 oz or 100 gm)
- 9 eggs
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1-2 tsp oil for oiling the baking dish.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Grate the zucchini, put in a bowl and sprinkle with salt. Toss and let stand while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
- Cook the bacon and crumble it.
- Grate the carrots.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Chop the herbs.
- Put the zucchini in a cheesecloth bag (or just use your hands) to squeeze out as much water as you can. This will help the quiche to set up nicely. This step is very important to avoid a watery quiche.
- Put the drained zucchini in a bowl with the rest of the ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Oil a 9 or 10 inch quiche dish or pie plate. Pour the mixture into the dish and smooth with the back of a spoon.
- Bake at 375 for 40 to 45 minutes until set in the middle, lightly browned and just beginning to brown on the edges.
If you like crustless dairy-free quiche, try this paleo Lazy Girl Healthy Kohlrabi Quiche, too.
Like this Paleo Zucchini Carrot Quiche recipe? Pin it or share it! Subscribe to my weekly newsletter and never miss a recipe.
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on any of the affiliate links and make a purchase within a certain time frame, I’ll receive a small commission. The commission is paid by the third party, not by you. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
href=”https://instagram.com/flavourandsavour/” target=”_blank”>Instagram. Thanks for stopping by!