Here's a quick and easy chicken dish, perfect for any night of the week. This easy Baked Maple Dijon Chicken is so flavourful! This maple-mustard chicken recipe includes tips to meal prep this dish. Make ahead and freeze for busy days!
These easy Baked Maple-Dijon Chicken Thighs make an ideal weeknight dinner! You'll love this tender juicy chicken with a rich and creamy maple-Dijon sauce, not only because it's so flavourful, but because it's just so easy. The sauce has delicious hints of garlic and rosemary, too.
Make the maple-mustard sauce, pour it over and bake! That's it. And even better? Make it ahead of time and freeze it for busy days.
Love that sweet and tangy combination of maple and mustard? You might also like this Honey-Dijon Glazed Salmon in Foil.
Here's your short list of ingredients to make these Maple-Dijon Chicken Thighs.
chicken: This recipe is written for boneless, skinless chicken thighs. However you can substitute boneless, skinless breasts. If you use bone-in thighs or breasts, you may need to increase the cooking time by 5-15 minutes. Always check the internal temperature of chicken with an instant-read thermometer.
Dijon mustard: I have used both regular Dijon mustard and grainy Dijon (also known as Old Style)in this recipe. Both are delicious.
maple syrup: pure, not pancake syrup
soy sauce: to keep this meal gluten-free, use tamari soy sauce, or coconut aminos
garlic: fresh is always best
oil: extra virgin olive oil
rosemary: I like to use fresh rosemary, but you can substitute dried if fresh isn't available.
- Combine all ingredients except chicken in a small bowl.
- Arrange chicken in a single layer in a baking dish.
- Pour the sauce over, making sure all the chicken is covered.
- Bake until chicken has reached an internal temperature of at least 165°F.
- Spoon the simmering liquid from the dish over the chicken, then broil for a few minutes until the chicken is slightly browned.
🍽 Serving suggestions
Serve this easy Baked Maple Dijon Chicken with your favourite sides. It's delicious with Instant Pot Cranberry Pistachio Jasmine Rice.
Or try these suggestions:
🥶 Storage and freezing instructions
Meal prep! Double the recipe for the sauce, freeze it and next time you have fresh chicken, you can simply thaw the sauce, pour it over the chicken and bake.
Or freeze the chicken with the sauce in a single layer in a zipper-lock freezer bag or glass container. Thaw overnight in the fridge, then bake as directed.
Leftovers? Store covered in the fridge for up to 3 days. You can also freeze leftovers, tightly covered for up to 3 months.
🗒More easy baked chicken recipes
Enjoy! When you make this recipe, please let me know and leave a star rating below.
🗒 More healthy chicken recipes
Easy Baked Maple Dijon Chicken
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard, regular or grainy
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, extra virgin
- 2 teaspoon tamari soy sauce, gluten-free
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, fresh or ½ tablespoon dried
- 6 medium chicken thighs, skinless, boneless
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients except the chicken.
- Arrange the thighs in a baking dish in a single layer.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken, making sure all parts are completely covered.
- Bake for 45 minutes, then using an instant-read meat thermometer, check to make sure the thighs have reached an internal temperature of at least 165°F.
- Spoon the sauce over the thighs, turn oven to broil, move the baking dish to a higher rack and broil for 3- 5 minutes or until the surface has browned. Serve.
A new family favourite! Easy and great to have in the freezer. Thanks!