Here's a 5-minute strawberry vinaigrette recipe made with fresh or frozen strawberries! Naturally sweet and a little tart, this strawberry salad dressing will jazz up the simplest green salad.
If you love summer salads with fruity salad dressings, then this fresh strawberry vinaigrette recipe is for you! Here's a perfect salad dressing for salads to welcome spring, for Easter, Mother's Day, or a summer potluck!
❤️ Why you'll love this recipe
- This strawberry vinaigrette recipe makes a dressing that is a little sweet and a little tart, all at the same time.
- Homemade salad dressings are the best! You can make as much or as little as you like, and you'll know exactly what is in the dressing you've made.
- It's quick to mix in a blender or mini food processor.
- It dresses up the simplest salad of leafy greens with fruity flavours.
- This homemade strawberry vinaigrette is delicious on both green salads (so delicious on butter lettuce) or on mixed fruit salads.
- This dressing is a perfect accompaniment to your favourite strawberry salads!
- Ripe, red strawberries bursting with Vitamin C on a salad made with fresh wholesome ingredients will help boost your immune system!
With fruity flavours and contrasting textures, strawberry salads always get rave reviews. Obviously, I can't get enough of them, as a quick search here shows that I have recipes for:
- Strawberry Mango Arugula Salad with Goat Cheese
- Strawberry Kale Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
- Triple Berry Mixed Green Salad
- Strawberry Cucumber Salad with Creamy Lemon Dressing
- Strawberry Spinach Salad with Strawberry Dressing
All of these are first-rate salads when they're tossed with this fresh Strawberry Vinaigrette!
🛒 A short list of simple ingredients and substitutions
You'll find a list of simple ingredients with amounts in the recipe card below. But before we get to the full recipe, here are a few notes about the ingredients.
strawberries: for the best flavour, use the freshest ripe strawberries you can find. While the freshness of ripe strawberries can't be beaten, one of the best things about this recipe is that you don't have to wait for your local strawberries to ripen. You can use frozen strawberries in the middle of winter if you'd like.
oil: I like to use extra virgin olive oil for its health benefits, but you can use your favourite salad oil or avocado oil.
acid: I use a combination of acids in this strawberry vinaigrette dressing. After testing it several times, I found a combination of equal parts of apple cider vinegar and lemon juice to be my favourite. White wine vinegar will also be good, but red wine vinegar will be too strong in this recipe. While I love dressings with balsamic vinegar, I wanted to keep this strawberry dressing light in colour and in flavour.
sweetener: Honey is my first choice, but you can also use maple syrup to keep this recipe vegan.
salt and pepper: Even though this recipe only calls for ¼ teaspoon of each, don't leave these out! Both salt and pepper enhance the natural sweetness and flavour of strawberries.
🔪 How to make strawberry vinaigrette
All you have to do is add the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth! Taste and adjust the sweetener to your liking.
Since strawberries are high on the Dirty Dozen list, it's best to choose organic strawberries. This is a list of fresh produce items that consumers should avoid based on pesticide residue levels.
🍽 Try this on with any salad recipe with strawberries!
This dressing was designed to complement my Strawberry Spinach Salad with Strawberry Dressing but it's delicious on other strawberry salads, too. Try it on a simple fruit salad, too.
⏰ Storage Instructions
This strawberry salad dressing will last for up to 5 days when stored covered in the fridge. If it happens to separate, give it a little whisk.
🗒 More homemade salad dressing and vinaigrette recipes
When you make this strawberry salad dressing recipe, please leave a comment and a rating below. I love hearing from you! Subscribe to my weekly newsletter and have new recipes delivered straight to your inbox.
Quick Strawberry Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
- 1 ½ cups fresh strawberries,* sliced
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, extra virgin
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Slice the strawberries, then add to the bowl of a blender or mini food processor. Add the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Store in a covered container in the fridge.