This simple Lemon Tahini Dressing is not only for salads. It's also great on grilled or roasted vegetables or as a mayonnaise-free dressing for potato salad! Paleo and vegan.
I haven't been much of a tahini fan . . . until now. This Lemon Tahini Dressing has made me a convert. Tahini is a paste made from sesame seeds. It is commonly used in Mediterranean and Middle Eastern recipes. It's not only the creamy, vibrant taste that I've learned to love, it's a healthy option too. While it has the consistency of peanut butter, it is much higher in calcium and protein and has lower levels of saturated fat.
I discovered that its light, lemony flavour was the perfect topping for roasted asparagus that we picked up at our local asparagus farm recently. I know I'll be using this Lemon Tahini Dressing on kale salad, on grilled or roasted vegetables like broccoli or cauliflower, or as a light mayo-free dressing for a springtime potato salad.
Ready in 5 minutes, simply combine sesame tahini with lemon and garlic and thin with a little oil and water. Drizzle it on pretty much anything . . . or everything! Try it on these Lemon Tahini Roasted Vegetables. Yum!
Simple Lemon Tahini Dressing
- 1/4 cup sesame tahini
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp warm water
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- dried chili flakes for sprinkling (optional)
- Put all ingredients except chili flakes in a mini food processor or blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Serve with roasted vegetables like asparagus, broccoli or cauliflower. or use as a dressing for potato salad. Sprinkle with dried chili flakes, if desired.