These succulent Grilled Turmeric Chicken Kabobs are spicy, salty and garlicky all in one juicy bite. Elevate your taste buds with this simple marinade and grilling method. Add more healthy turmeric to your diet in a delicious way!
So much flavor! Love these kabobs and have made them three times now. Great recipe.Sharon
You've read that turmeric is good for you, but have you wondered how to use it in a way your family will like?
Here's a quick and easy recipe for grilled skewered chicken thighs with the added benefit of turmeric. Guaranteed to be devoured!
These Thai-inspired, tender grilled turmeric chicken kabobs are particularly tasty served over Thai Coconut Rice, made with jasmine rice. They're spicy, salty and garlicky all in one juicy bite. Garnish with some fresh cilantro leaves and serve sizzling from the grill!
Mmmm! Just look at that colour on these juicy little skewers of turmeric chicken! Pure gold.
❤️ Why you'll love this recipe
- Make ahead! Mix up the marinade, combine it with the chicken the night before if you'd like, or simply let it marinate while you prepare the rest of your meal.
- Full-flavoured! These chicken kabobs are spicy, salty and garlicky, all in one juicy bite!
- Easy! Kabobs make a casual meal. Serve them over rice with a simple salad or side.
If you're looking for more turmeric chicken recipes, you'll love how easy it is to make these Honey-Dijon Turmeric Chicken Thighs. They're made with boneless skinless chicken thighs and pantry ingredients you probably have on hand.
- boneless skinless chicken thighs: Thighs are best for kabobs as they don't dry out like breasts sometimes do.
- cilantro leaves: Cilantro adds a spicy, peppery flavour.
- ground coriander
- garlic: Fresh cloves of garlic for the very best flavour.
- fish sauce: If you don't have fish sauce, you can substitute tamari soy sauce with a splash of lime juice
- oyster sauce: Oyster sauce has a distinct bold flavour that is like a cross between soy sauce and barbecue sauce. If you don't have it, you can substitute hoisin sauce or soy sauce with a small amount of sugar. For more substitutes for oyster sauce, see Oyster Sauce Substitutes.
- ground turmeric: Turmeric adds both flavour and an appetizing colour to these chicken kabobs.
- coconut sugar: Feel free to substitute brown sugar if you'd prefer.
3 easy steps to grill turmeric chicken kabobs!
You'll find complete instructions in the recipe card below. Here's a quick summary to show just how simple this recipe is!
- Blend the marinade ingredients until a paste forms.
- Combine the marinade with the chicken cubes.
- Thread onto skewers and grill for 10 to 15 minutes.
❓ FAQ's about turmeric
Turmeric recipes are popular on Pinterest boards, but are their nutritional benefits fact or just a fad?
Western civilization has now discovered what the people of India have known for thousands of years. We should definitely be eating more turmeric.
Turmeric is a powerful, medicinal herb that has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. The curcumin it contains is believed to improve brain function (yay!), it may lower our risk of heart disease, and it may prevent, or even treat, cancer.
Health benefits aside, turmeric adds colour and flavour to our food, and that certainly holds true for this recipe for Grilled Turmeric Chicken Kabobs.
🥶 Storing leftover turmeric chicken kabobs
Be food safe! Refrigerate leftover chicken kabobs promptly in a covered container, or freeze them in an airtight container for up to 3 months or so.
🍽 What to serve with Thai chicken kabobs
Add a sprinkle of finely chopped cilantro and serve with lime wedges if you'd like. These kabobs are delicious over coconut rice! Try any of these recipes to go with this chicken.
🗒 More delicious healthy ways to use turmeric
Buy dried turmeric in small quantities as it has a short shelf life and loses its potency after a few months. And once you have it in your pantry, try these recipes:
🗒 More popular chicken recipes to try
When you make these turmeric chicken kabobs, please leave a comment and a rating below. Thanks in advance! Subscribe to my weekly newsletter and have new recipes delivered straight to your inbox.
Grilled Turmeric Chicken Kabobs
- Pat the chiicken pieces dry. Cut into 1-inch pieces and put into a large bowl.
- Combine all remaining ingredients in a food processor until a paste forms.
- Mix the paste with the chicken chunks. Refrigerate for an hour or two to let the flavours combine.
- Soak bamboo skewers in water or use metal skewers.
- Thread the chicken on the skewers, packing tightly together.
- Grill over medium heat, turning occasionally until cooked through, for 10 to 15 minutes or until an instant-read meat thermometer register 165°F.