These Lemon Oven-Roasted Potatoes are crispy on the outside, soft on the inside and have the bright flavour of fresh lemons.
Crispy on the outside, soft on the inside. That is how an oven-roasted potato should be. These crispy Lemon Oven-Roasted Potatoes have all that and more--the bright flavour of fresh lemons. It's the season for specialty citrus produce and I've taken full advantage of these gourmet oranges and lemons in Grapefruit-Orange Avocado Salad, this Paleo Lemon Curd, this Meyer Lemon Mini Parfait, and even in this Chocolate-Orange Almond Bark.
Who could have imagined that oven-roasted potatoes could be so good just by adding a little lemon juice?
These make a fast and easy addition to dinner. They're the easiest gourmet potatoes you'll ever make. Just scrub and chop, toss with a little oil, Meyer (or regular) lemon juice, sprinkle with sea salt and pepper and roast in the oven.
Tips to make the best Crispy Lemon Oven-Roasted Potatoes
- Heat an empty baking sheet in the oven.
- Toss the potatoes with oil and seasonings, then arrange on the hot baking sheet so they are not touching each other.
- Roast, turning half way through the cooking time, using a thin fish flipper to turn the potatoes.
- Serve while hot, garnished with fresh rosemary and extra sea salt and pepper, if desired.
And if you love crispy roasted potatoes, you'll love these Crispy Grilled Potatoes with Blue Cheese in Foil!
Crispy Lemon Oven-Roasted Potatoes
- 2 lbs baby potatoes ( I used a mixture of red, white, and yellow, about 1 to 1 1/2 inches in diameter.)
- 2 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 2 tbsp Meyer lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- coarse sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Meyer lemon sliced
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Line a baking sheet with lightly oiled aluminum foil, if desired, and heat the baking sheet in the oven for 4 - 5 minutes.
- Scrub the potatoes, chop into bite-sized pieces and pat dry. Place in a large bowl.
- Whisk the oil and lemon juice together, then drizzle over the potatoes and toss until very well-coated.
- Spread out potatoes on baking sheet so they are not touching each other.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, turning once or twice until crispy on the outside and tender when pricked with a fork.
- Meanwhile, lay lemon slices on a grill and cook until slightly caramelized and golden brown, about 5 minutes, flipping once. Use as a garnish for the potatoes.
- Serve immediately.
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on any of the affiliate links and make a purchase within a certain time frame, I’ll receive a small commission. The commission is paid by the third party, not by you. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. It’s an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.