This Asian-inspired recipe for one pan spicy miso-ginger chicken thighs makes an easy weeknight meal that just might become one of your go-to dinners! Paleo and Whole30 compliant.
One-pan Miso-Ginger Chicken Thighs make a quick weeknight meal with an easy 3-step recipe!
Brown the chicken, pour the sauce over and bake in the oven. That's all you have to do to create this recipe for one pan spicy miso-ginger chicken thighs!
The crispy skin keeps the meat juicy and tender in this succulent chicken dish. It's a little spicy, a little sweet, and a little salty. It has rapidly become one of our favourites, along with this Easy Lemon Baked Chicken.
Ready? Let's get started. You will need:
Ingredients for Miso Chicken
- chicken thighs: bone-in, skin-on
- miso paste
- sesame oil
- rice vinegar
- coconut aminos: or tamari or soy sauce
- chili garlic sauce
How to make Miso-Ginger Chicken Thighs
- Begin by mixing the sauce ingredients in a blender or mini food processor, if you have one.
- Heat a little oil in a skillet. When it ripples, add the chicken thighs (which you have patted dry) skin side down. If you give the pan a little shake, the chicken won't stick.
- Let it brown for 4 to 5 minutes on one side without touching it, then turn the pieces over and do the same on the other side. The fat will be released and you'll be left with crispy skin.
- Drain the excess fat.
- Pour the sauce over top of the chicken thighs, spreading it evenly with a brush or the back of a spoon and put the skillet in the oven.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes until a meat thermometer indicates the internal temperature has reached at least 165°F.
That's it! This dish always receives rave reviews. Enjoy this Asian-inspired chicken and watch it become one of your go-to meals, too!
You might also like:
- Paleo Hoisin Orange Glazed Chicken Thighs
- Easy Japanese Stir-Fry Chicken with Broccoli
- Easy Japanese Chicken Yakitori Skewers
- Crock-Pot Sticky Chicken
- Asian Glazed Garlic Chicken
- Ginger-Garlic Glazed Korean Chicken Skewers
This chicken dish is delicious served with one of the following salads:
- Baby Bok Choy Salad with Ginger-Orange Dressing
- Asian Pear Slaw with Ginger and Lime
- Asian Pear and Cranberry Chopped Salad
One-Pan Spicy Miso-Ginger Chicken Thighs
- 7-8 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs (2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon oil for browning chicken
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoon miso paste
- 1 2 inch piece fresh ginger peeled and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- Heat oven to 375 °F. Pat chicken dry, sprinkle with salt.
- Mix sauce ingredients in a mini food processor or blender and set aside.
- Heat oil in oven-proof skillet. When it ripples, add chicken, skin side down. Immediately shake pan to prevent skin from sticking to pan. Brown on one side for 4-5 minutes, turn and brown on the other side.
- Drain excess oil. Spoon sauce over chicken, spreading evenly and transfer skillet to oven.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until meat thermometer registers at least 165°F.