This sugar-free, non-alcoholic Grapefruit Ginger Mocktail is a natural 3-ingredient refreshing drink for adults and kids alike! A grapefruit spritzer, perfect for a "dry" happy hour!
Here's a Grapefruit Ginger Mocktail recipe for you today, and I know you're going to love it! It's a spritzer made with pure grapefruit juice with a hint of ginger.
❤️ Why you'll love this mocktail recipe
- It's sugar-free! If you're avoiding sugar, but don't want to use artificial sweeteners like aspartame or sucralose, this is a drink for you.
- You won't feel left out! While it's always better for your health to limit or avoid sweetened beverages, occasionally a glass of something tall, cool and sparkling is just what we need. Especially when everyone else is having a glass of wine or beer!
- It's sweet, but not too sweet, and it's refreshingly sparkly!
🛒 This is a 3-ingredient mocktail recipe!
Pure pink grapefruit juice, organic ginger juice, and ginger ale naturally sweetened with Stevia are all you need to make this crisp, cool mocktail. It's a little tart, a little sweet and it has a bit of a kick from the ginger.
Have you discovered Zevia? It's a brand of soft drinks naturally sweetened with Stevia.
While sodas are rare in my home, I decided to try this brand for a special occasion. (This is not a sponsored post. I have no affiliation with the company.) While it has a slight aftertaste, typical of stevia, it wasn't offensive at all. It added the necessary sparkle and sweetness this grapefruit mocktail needs.
It's definitely a keeper recipe!
🥄 How to make a Sugar-Free Grapefruit Ginger Mocktail
- Add equal parts of chilled pure grapefruit juice and ginger ale to a chilled glass.
- Add a splash or two of organic ginger syrup. Taste and use more or less to your liking.
- Garnish with a wedge of pink grapefruit or Cara Cara orange and serve.
❓Frequently Asked Questions
I didn't know there was such a thing as organic ginger juice until my daughter enlightened me. I've been using a splash of it here and there in all kinds of recipes ever since.
It's available in supermarkets and from Amazon. It's ideal in this drink because it eliminates the need to make a homemade ginger sugar syrup. Easy-peasy!
Stevia is a sugar substitute. It's natural, unlike other sugar substitutes like aspartame or sucralose. It’s made from a leaf of the Stevia plant.
It's considered to be a 0-calorie sweetener and has 200-300 times the sweetening power of table sugar. A little goes a long way! Stevia, like erythritol, is approved by the FDA and doesn't appear to pose any health risks when used in moderation.
Sometimes citrus cocktails like this one are made with ginger beer. Both ginger ale and ginger beer are non-alcoholic, but they don't taste the same.
Ginger beer has been fermented, while ginger ale is made by adding ginger to carbonated water. Ginger beer has a stronger taste than ginger ale. You can read more about the differences here.
🍽 Mocktails and appetizers for a healthy cocktail hour
I like to have a variety of finger foods for happy hour. Because this time of day is designed as a pre-dinner snack, you don't need to have anything too "heavy" or filling.
You'll find a host of ideas in my Appetizer recipe section.
Of course, if you're not avoiding sugar in your diet, you can use regular ginger ale in this recipe.
However you make this grapefruit mocktail, I hope you like it as much as I do! Cheers!
🗒 More mocktail recipes
Looking for more tasty Mocktail ideas? Try these:
This recipe was originally published in 2019. It has been updated with extra information.
When you make this grapefruit mocktail, please leave a comment and a rating below. I love hearing when you've made one of my recipes. Thanks in advance!
Subscribe to my weekly newsletter and have new recipes delivered straight to your inbox.
🗒More recipes you might like
📖 Recipe Card
Sugar-Free Grapefruit Ginger Mocktail
- Add equal parts of grapefruit juice and ginger ale to a chilled glass. Add a splash of organic ginger juice. Garnish with a wedge of grapefruit or orange and serve.