A glass of sparkling strawberry limeade is a summer thirst-quencher! With hints of fresh cucumber and lime and lots of bubbles, this sugar-free strawberry-lime mocktail is a refreshing fizzy drink for hot summer days!
Spring and summer bring fresh fruits and berries to our tables. I love to use them in fruit crisps, pies, and desserts. Blending them in drinks is one more way to get all their nutritious benefits!
When strawberry season rolls around, I love making strawberry cocktails and mocktails like this Grilled Pineapple and Strawberry Sangria, Strawberry Watermelon Sangria Slushie or this creamy dreamy Strawberry Watermelon Collagen Smoothie.
This sugar-free strawberry limeade is a new favourite! All you have to do is blend fresh sweet strawberries, cucumber and lime with a little honey or Monkfruit sweetener to make a purée, then add sparkling water when you're ready to serve it!
It's like a strawberry daiquiri, without the alcohol! It's a family-friendly drink for all ages.
❤️ Why you'll love this recipe
- So refreshing!
- Not too sweet! Chilled strawberry-limeade with cucumber is a thirst-quencher.
- Easy to make--just blend it all together. It needs only a handful of ingredients.
- Make ahead of time! Blend the strawberry-lime purée ahead of time and add sparkling water when you're ready to enjoy it.
You'll find a complete list of ingredients with amounts in the recipe card below. But before we get to the full recipe, here are a few notes about some of the key ingredients.
- strawberries: both fresh or frozen strawberries will work in this recipe.
- cucumber: adds hints of light fresh flavour to this limeade.
- lime: you'll use the zest from one lime and the juice from 2 to 4 limes, depending on their size and juiciness.
- honey: or Monkfruit sweetener or you can substitute sugar syrup for the honey to keep this drink vegan.
- sparkling water: adds refreshing bubbles to quench your thirst!
- mint leaves: for garnish, optional
🔪 How to make sparkling strawberry limeade
Here's an overview of what you'll do to make this recipe perfectly. You'll find complete instructions in the recipe card at the end of this post.
- Add the washed and hulled strawberries, peeled and chopped cucumber, lime zest and lime juice to a blender along with sweetener and ½ cup of water (to allow the blender to work.) Purée until smooth.
- At this point, you can refrigerate the strawberry-lime purée if you're not planning to serve it right away.
- When you're ready to serve, add 5 cups of chilled sparkling water and stir. Taste and add a little more lime juice or honey, if you'd like.
- Pour into glasses and garnish with lime slices, fresh mint or a strawberry.
🔁 Possible Variations
Add lime-flavoured sparkling water instead of regular sparkling water for extra lime!
Make it a strawberry cocktail! This recipe is designed to be a non-alcoholic strawberry drink for both kids and adults. However, you can easily make it a strawberry lime cocktail! Add Prosecco or other sparkling white wine to the purée instead of sparkling water just before serving.
👍🏼 Helpful Tips
Blend the strawberry-limeade mixture and store it in a covered container in the fridge until you're ready to use it.
🍽 Serving Suggestions
This easy strawberry limeade is a perfect drink for warm summer days in strawberry season! Sit back, sip and relax with a tall cool glass after a long day! It's a perfect drink for healthy summer sipping, especially when it's sugar-free!
Enjoy this tasty drink at deck or patio parties, baby showers or for Mother's Day brunch.
⏰ Storage Instructions
To store: Store the purée in a glass container with a lid in the fridge. It will last for several days. I haven't tried freezing the purée yet, but it should freeze beautifully!
❓What's the best way to clean strawberries?
The best way I've found to prevent strawberries from developing mold is to use a vinegar rinse. Vinegar kills the mold spores hiding under leaves and on the surface of the berries.
I use the basket and bowl of my salad spinner to rinse strawberries but a colander and a large bowl will work equally as well. Add 1 part vinegar to 3 parts water and soak the strawberries for 5 - 10 minutes. Drain and rinse with cool water, then lay them out on a towel, pat dry and let them dry completely.
I line a lidded glass dish (or even the clamshell plastic package they came in) with a paper towel and store them in the fridge.
Rinsing strawberries in a vinegar rinse extends their life significantly, by a week or longer, depending on how fresh they were when purchased. They won't taste like vinegar!
🗒 More refreshing drink recipes
When you make this strawberry limeade recipe, please leave a comment and a rating below. I love hearing from you! Thanks in advance. Subscribe to my newsletter and receive new recipes delivered straight to your inbox once a week.
Sparkling Strawberry Limeade (Strawberry Lime Mocktail)
- 4 cups strawberries, fresh or frozen, hulled
- ½ cup cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 6 tablespoons liquid honey or Monkfruit sweetener
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 6 tablespoons lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 5 cups sparkling water
- Wash and hull strawberries and place them in a blender.
- Peel and chop cucumber and add to blender.
- Add sweetener and ½ cup water to the blender.
- Add lime zest and lime juice and blend until very smooth. If you're not using a high-speed blender, you may have to strain the strawberry mixture through a fine sieve to remove any small pieces of strawberry.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve, then add 5 cups of sparkling water (or plain water) and serve over ice. Garnish with a strawberry, a slice of lime and/or a sprig of mint.
This strawberry limeade looks so delicious and refreshing! I love that it's family friendly and I know this will be on our summer drink rotation all summer!
Thanks Colleen! Definitely a family-friendly drink!
Summer is almost here, and this recipe looks amazing to drink all summer long.
Thanks Mariana, Agreed! A great summertime sipper!
Yum! I had never used monk fruit. What a great sweetener!
Thanks! I use monkfruit sweetener often. It tastes a lot like sugar, yet is a natural sweetener with 0 calories!
Such a fantastic and refreshing summertime drink! I love how easily it comes together. So much flavor too!
Thanks Tara, Happy to hear you liked it, too!
This is great for hosting. I can make non-alcoholic and alcoholic drinks with this, and both tastes super refreshing and delicious.
Thqnks, Anita! Enjoy!
Let me know if you have any questions!