This Winter Citrus Salad with Arugula and Goat Cheese combines sweet oranges, fresh mint and spicy arugula. It's topped with tangy cheese and flaked almonds to make a work of art on a plate.
This Winter Citrus Salad is a beautiful medley of contrasting flavours: sweet oranges, peppery arugula, and tangy cheese. It has a subtle hidden flavour that pops out after the first bite: fresh mint! Here's a nutritious salad that will brighten any winter meal.
This Winter Citrus Salad is a work of art!
How to make Winter Citrus Salad with Arugula and Goat Cheese
Winter Citrus Salad with Arugula and Goat Cheese
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced thinly
- 5 tbsp white wine vinegar, divided
- 2 blood oranges
- 2 large navel oranges
- 3 tbsp fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 3 cups fresh baby arugula
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin, or lemon-infused olive oil
- sea salt and pepper
- 2 - 3 tbsp crumbled goat cheese, or ricotta or feta
- 1/4 cup flaked almonds, toasted
- Put sliced onion in a small bowl with 3 Tablespoons white wine vinegar. Set aside.
- Remove peel and pith from oranges and slice into rounds.
- Arrange on a platter or on individual serving plates.
- Sprinkle with mint leaves.
- Drain red onion, discard vinegar and scatter onion on oranges.
- Toss arugula with olive oil and remaining 2 Tablespoons white wine vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Add to salad.
- Garnish with crumbled cheese and flaked almonds and serve immediately.
More cheerful salad inspiration!
This recipe was inspired by Saveur's Citrus Salad with Arugula & Ricotta Salata.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on any of the affiliate links and make a purchase within a certain time frame, I’ll receive a small commission. The commission is paid by the third party, not by you. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.