How to make Winter Citrus Salad with Arugula and Goat Cheese
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced thinly
- 5 Tablespoons white wine vinegar, divided
- 2 blood oranges
- 2 large navel oranges
- 3 Tablespoons fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 3 cups fresh baby arugula
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil or lemon-infused olive oil
- sea salt and pepper
- 2 - 3 Tablespoons crumbled goat cheese or ricotta, or feta
- 1/4 cup flaked almonds, toasted
- Put sliced onion in a small bowl with 3 Tablespoons white wine vinegar. Set aside.
- Remove peel and pith from oranges and slice into rounds.
- Arrange on a platter or on individual serving plates.
- Sprinkle with mint leaves.
- Drain red onion, discard vinegar and scatter onion on oranges.
- Toss arugula with olive oil and remaining 2 Tablespoons white wine vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Add to salad.
- Garnish with crumbled cheese and flaked almonds and serve immediately.
Looking for more citrus salad inspiration? Try these:
This recipe was inspired by Saveur’s Citrus Salad with Arugula & Ricotta Salata.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on any of the affiliate links and make a purchase within a certain time frame, I’ll receive a small commission. The commission is paid by the third party, not by you. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.